shape
carat
color
clarity

How are you eating during the virus lockdown?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Based on the current pants situation I had to go to Defcon 2 in terms of an eating crackdown. No (well, ok, super low) carbs now for 14 days. It is working... but if someone came into my office right now with a piece of bread or a bag of potato chips I'd knock them down and take it from them!

I got these chocolate "shake" things in little individual containers from Costco. Five grams of carbs each. The first time I had one I was like... UGH... this is DISGUSTING. Now I gaze lovingly at the little chocolate soldiers lined up on the shelf above the crisper in the refrigerator and stroke each box with affection as I suck it dry!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
@Dee*Jay your post really made me chuckle as I can relate! I have vowed going forward to try my jeans on every week to gauge what my plan of attack for the next week needs to be! Dang those stretchy pants for lulling me into thinking all is well :lol-2:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I like to add some coffee to the shakes over ice @Dee*Jay maybe that will perk them up for you lol!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dee*Jay your post really made me chuckle as I can relate! I have vowed going forward to try my jeans on every week to gauge my what my plan of attack for the next week needs to be! Dang those stretchy pants for lulling me into thinking all is well :lol-2:

Ditto. I keep a pair of jeans hanging in my bathroom and try them on every now and then just to make sure I can still get into them! And yes, dang those stretchy pants!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dee*Jay your post really made me chuckle as I can relate! I have vowed going forward to try my jeans on every week to gauge what my plan of attack for the next week needs to be! Dang those stretchy pants for lulling me into thinking all is well :lol-2:

Stretchy pants are evil... I dub them The Devil In Spandex!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like to add some coffee to the shakes over ice @Dee*Jay maybe that will perk them up for you lol!

Bling, I actually got another version of these shakes that are cafe latte flavor (or something like that). They are SOOOOO sweet that I'm using them in my coffee instead of milk. I also used to have sugar in my coffee but by adding a little of this I'm getting all the sweetness I need. Now if you would have said add a little VODKA... :cheeky:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto. I keep a pair of jeans hanging in my bathroom and try them on every now and then just to make sure I can still get into them! And yes, dang those stretchy pants!

I WISH I would have started doing this six months (and 20 pounds) ago!!!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
One solution to end all this Defcon 2 Jeans situation is just to buy stretchy jeans- jeggings anyone?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Weather getting cooler so I’m back to cooking mode. This week I made beef stew, Taiwanese braised beef noodles and Chili, which we ate with corn bread. I did not get a picture of the chili….also throwing in a picture of the amazing dim sum we had a couple weeks ago, and my occasional cheese and cracker meal that I make when the kids are eating out and it is just me and my hubby

0B537087-E0A5-4B19-AB56-4338975A459F.jpeg 79024F87-7604-4F53-A689-BB64A4B51D0C.jpeg 173FA4D6-5F2A-489F-87AF-9F53038E7450.jpeg CAAA2A11-4CFE-46EE-9A9F-E7847109B32F.jpeg

looks like fancy magazine photos
if it tastes half as good as it looks my tummy is rumbling

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a dream last night that I was in McDonalds and I ordered a hot fudge sundae but something happened and I had to leave the table before I could even start eating it. I went back a while later and the tray was gone from the table but I saw it over by where you put the trays back after you empty your trash into the round hole for garbage. It was sitting off to the side and was all melted but still there. As least I think it was my sundae. In my mind I had this conversation about how it could be someone else's sundae. Or what if someone had taken a bite (or more than one!). Or done something else (?) to it. In the end I ate it anyway!

My birthday is on Sunday. I think I need a piece of cake!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
@Dee*Jay there are lots of yummy keto cake recipes out there-It sounds like you need one for your birthday :) Happy early Birthday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dee*Jay there are lots of yummy keto cake recipes out there-It sounds like you need one for your birthday :) Happy early Birthday!

Oh! I didn't even think of that -- thank you for the idea!!!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
@Dee*Jay above is a recipe I use for an awesome layer cake if you like chocolate! Just make sure to use a really good dark chocolate cacao powder. I really like this one.

D9518987-1946-4B0E-8341-63EFB9F3871F.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stepcutnut you're AWESOME -- thank you so much!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dee*Jay Or maybe you need a Giant low-carb chocolate chip cookie-I have dubbed this a ‘Brookie’ since I made it for breakfast:twisted2:
13A70CF2-369E-41C8-A1A1-B3C174A6E2F3.jpeg

That looks amazing! Do you use regular (probably dark?) chocolate chips or something else (carob? other?)?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dee*Jay Or maybe you need a Giant low-carb chocolate chip cookie-I have dubbed this a ‘Brookie’ since I made it for breakfast:twisted2:
13A70CF2-369E-41C8-A1A1-B3C174A6E2F3.jpeg

Omg!!! Freaking awesome!!!

They used to sell something like this at my high school canteen! It was treat whenever I bought one.

Haha I ate it for breakfast too during my HSC exam year!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
@Dee*Jay
I use People’s Keto chocolate chips, really good actually-sweetened with stevia and erythritol. They also have awesome keto sprinkles.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you A TON Stepcutnut!

Mellow, I'll make two! What time would you like to come over?! :lickout:

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
@Dee*Jay You are more than welcome! I have always had dietary restrictions due to food allergies, but my Doc recommended trying Keto 5yrs ago. I love baking so have lots of practice with low carb recipes.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I went to a farmers market and got gorgeous fresh veggies. The onions were SO beautiful I didn't want to use them! LOL But I made Borscht and French Onion Soup. YUM.

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dinner tonight was sauteed spinach and mushrooms. Its because its just me and I'm being lazy...lol I made a lot and it was very good.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dinner tonight was sauteed spinach and mushrooms. Its because its just me and I'm being lazy...lol I made a lot and it was very good.

always delish!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not so much time for baking but I did break out the yeast and make some brioche cinnamon scrolls.
03D4D8A9-3F35-4101-9F51-309DD80BAC81.jpeg 5C33DD1A-ECE1-48DE-AD86-88624CB1A320.jpeg C31DD897-1431-4CC7-93F1-0E7BCFDFE08A.jpeg

yum :kiss2:
i just got a kilo of avos for $4.50 from countdown odd bunch in my delivery
but they are very hard
im about 3 weeks and 20 bananas latter I'll get back to you how awsome they are !

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yum :kiss2:
i just got a kilo of avos for $4.50 from countdown odd bunch in my delivery
but they are very hard
im about 3 weeks and 20 bananas latter I'll get back to you how awsome they are !
I swear hard avocados, you could kill someone with them! The internet told me I could microwave them to help them ripen but I like your bananas option better. And you can blitz a ripe avocado and ripe banana together with some cocoa powder to make a not-totally joyless mousse too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results