shape
carat
color
clarity

How are you eating during the virus lockdown?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lunch with hubby in the city today. We've been meaning to try this restaurant forever and it did not disappoint.

I don't usually go into the city on a week day but today it was eye opening. Everything looked fairly normal apart from having to login and the bottles of disinfectant everywhere. People were dining in/outdoors and chatting. Most of the restaurants were full. We're really lucky here in Australia.

PXL_20201022_011633278.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lunch with hubby in the city today. We've been meaning to try this restaurant forever and it did not disappoint.

I don't usually go into the city on a week day but today it was eye opening. Everything looked fairly normal apart from having to login and the bottles of disinfectant everywhere. People were dining in/outdoors and chatting. Most of the restaurants were full. We're really lucky here in Australia.

PXL_20201022_011633278.jpg

Im happy you and hubbie had a nice day out
it is surreal to read about what's what in the rest of the world and them just be going about our nornal bussiness relatively normally but i think we are a long way off fully relaxing into normality just yet

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
Alaskan king crab legs..
IMG_20201005_2229274_2.jpg

Herbed kale salad with apples, pomegranate and maple cumin dressing..
IMG_20201005_2228124_2.jpg

Linguine with mussels..
IMG_20201018_0343250_2.jpg

IMG_20201018_0347031_2.jpg

Laotian crispy rice salad with sour pork..
IMG_20201020_2108039_2.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG ! That orange was sooooo yummy !
I want another one but i don't want to push it

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im happy you and hubbie had a nice day out
it is surreal to read about what's what in the rest of the world and them just be going about our nornal bussiness relatively normally but i think we are a long way off fully relaxing into normality just yet

Oh yes it is by no means normal. Most of our state borders are closed! No tourists or international students.

It's actually really strange when you think about it. The Covid Normal in Sydney feels so normal until you sit there and think about all the other stuff. Then you realise how weird it all is and you're living this "fake" life almost. A replica of the old one that's not quite right.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh yes it is by no means normal. Most of our state borders are closed! No tourists or international students.

It's actually really strange when you think about it. The Covid Normal in Sydney feels so normal until you sit there and think about all the other stuff. Then you realise how weird it all is and you're living this "fake" life almost. A replica of the old one that's not quite right.

I think the sad thing is when this is all over people in some countries like our's will look back with a much different perspective than people from other countries where covid has killed so many people
in the future we might laugh over the toilet paper but other people will have lost (and in some cases multible) family members

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are trying to cut out sugar and the bad carbs
but i wanted a bickie so bad !
Made some kato peanut butter no bake cookies
yuck
id rather go without
i drank about a gallon of water afterwards i was so dry
it was peanut butter, coconut flower, sugar free maple syrup and cocoa

the choc chips were nornal and the only saving grace 20201027_110055.jpg
Ive enjoyed a lot of uncooked dough in my life but this was just yucky

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Seem to be finally rid of the mouth ulcers and ive had a few oranges with no trouble so tonight i had apple slaw (with lemon juice) and lemon juice on my fish and lemon juice in my water
Our tree - which is taller than the house - is loaded right now and its also starting to flower- i can smell it out the bathroom window

Anyway as so many of you northen hemisphere peeps go back into lock down im thinking of you all and wish you good health

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thai coconut curry chicken soup. AI added a LITTLE TOO much red curry--my mouth was on fire!!!!! But delish nonetheless.

Gonna try Anna Olsen's sticky cinnamon bun recipe. Off to watch the video again......

cheers--Sharon

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DD made Tiramisu for dessert... :lickout:

IMG_1396.jpg

Costco Rib eye steak and crab legs
2B8BDB6C-6B4F-47CB-A4A1-9917B604CD5B.JPG

Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... I don't usually go into the city on a week day but today it was eye opening. Everything looked fairly normal apart from having to login ...

Login at a restaurant?
Huh?

What if you don't own a laptop or a "smart"phone?

Could I just find a small log, and carry it in with me?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Login at a restaurant?
Huh?

What if you don't own a laptop or a "smart"phone?

Could I just find a small log, and carry it in with me?

You need to scan a QR code with your phone and then fill out the details.

Previously you could fill out your details with pen and paper but one restaurant was being shady so the government stepped in and said QR codes only in three weeks time.

It's for people who are motivated enough to dine out. I'm guessing you just stay home and don't go to restaurants if you don't like to use technology.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You need to scan a QR code with your phone and then fill out the details.

Previously you could fill out your details with pen and paper but one restaurant was being shady so the government stepped in and said QR codes only in three weeks time.

It's for people who are motivated enough to dine out. I'm guessing you just stay home and don't go to restaurants if you don't like to use technology.

What I don't like is the theft of my privacy.
The terms of agreement to register and get a login at that restaurant likely permits them to spy on what's on your phone and sell it to google and others. :naughty::errrr:

I loved to eat out, and I will again after this C19 thing is behind us.
But if it's, "No shoes, no shirt, no dropping your drawers to we can screw you over, then no service" then I'll eat at their competitors' restaurants.
If all restaurants sell out to big brother I'll stop going to restaurants.

Some times I'm so glad I'm old and not long on this deteriorating world.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The terms of agreement to register and get a login at that restaurant likely permits them to spy on what's on your phone and sell it to google and others. :naughty::errrr:

But if it's, "No shoes, no shirt, no dropping your drawers to we can screw you over, then no service" then I'll eat at their competitors' restaurants.

True. Google knows everything!

I've been getting more crank calls than usual as well. I'm atrocious at answering my phone but when I do answer I usually sing to them at the top of my lungs in heartfelt Vietnamese opera.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh Kenny you'll live till your 100 !
I must admit i did not like the idea of big brother but i installed the govt app on my phone (the anount of time govt depts get hacked here is worrying)
But to be perfectly honest i have no idea how to actually scan it

but we don't go anywhere and if i go into a shop on the odd occasion to buy something - well its on my bank statement, and we have had no cases in my town
plus i wear a mask and socially distance

We had a bit of trouble here with just names and numbers on a register as some bar staff were using it as a little black book to look up woman

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh and as its unseasonably chilly today im making chicken barley apricot soup with soda bread
But as it took longer to make the bread i think we might have it after with cream cheese and jam ?

Edit no bread left over !!
It was a one cup loaf
My first ever sada bread too

Attachments

• 20201108_195932.jpg
    20201108_195932.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
We also experienced a chilly weekend (for us Southern Californians) anyway, so I cooked some of my cozy comfort
foods. Japanese curry with spaghetti and red bean (azuki) tapioca dessert with coconut milk. 0327B5A3-1C90-493A-BE1F-4B10BC2485B7.jpeg 74EECDCC-2870-4142-9714-195ACFA7347E.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I'm gonna grill a porterhouse , with side butter lettuce salad and baked beans.

cheers--Sharon

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
today I did the most disgusting thing ever and decided to have cheese from the can and mini prezels :shock:

I'm totally ashamed of myself.

I’m not disgusted. Dare I say it...I’m proud of you. :lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i can't find @mellowyellowgirl 's ice cream thread @missy
but i was just outside investigating angry cat noises when i heard Mr Whippy
i havn't even seen a Mr Whippy van here since we moved here 3 years ago
i got a bit excitted even thought i say icecream isnt my thing i like the soft serve with sherbet and the choclate flake
but the trouble is sound carries accross the river when its quiet
there was no ice cream van in our street

Made bacon wrapped chicken and roast kumera and the last of my NZ yams for tea
felt a bit mean because will the garlic butter i had nothing on my plate for Tibby or Borris

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't gets lot of pictures, but Thanksgiving was yummy and there are leftovers for days plus going to have to freeze some. (24 pound turkey for two people, so that is not a surprise :lol: )

Made dinner rolls to go with the meal and herb filled rolls to be made into dressing. Next picture is the toasted roll chunks then the dressing ready to be cooked. Turkey stock from scratch for the liquid in the dressing. Cranberries are super delicious when cooked fresh. Didn't get photos of turkey, mashed potatoes, or either of the sweet potato dishes. Last photo is DH's lunch today.

IMG_20201126_133011004.jpg IMG_20201126_150820081.jpg IMG_20201126_174333319.jpg IMG_20201126_150837703.jpg IMG_20201127_123808907.jpg

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I shared pictures of our thanksgiving feast on Karl’s Happy Thanksgiving thread, but didn’t share other super decadent fatty foods we deep fried since we were frying Our Turkey. Behold, our fried sweet potato, fried Oreos and fried pickle platter! 714415F0-BCD1-460B-9A41-8B8BDDB28454.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results