shape
carat
color
clarity

How are you eating during the virus lockdown?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Used Jamie Oliver's recipe for pork cracklings--fat taken off the ham from yesterday. So good!

cheers--Sharon

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
Orzo with kale, sausage meatballs and sun-dried tomatoes..
IMG_20201004_2058287.jpg

Baked ziti..
IMG_20200930_0012157.jpg

Egg noodles with pork and shiitake mushroom sauce..
IMG_20201001_2226141_2.jpg

It's Canadian Thanksgiving so turkey for today. I love mine smothered in LOTS of gravy :lol-2:
IMG_20201012_0129164_2.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds, I just wanted to let you know I'm really sorry you've been feeling so unwell lately. You are definitely going through a rough time and I am also sorry to hear your ulcers are back. Sending you lots of good vibes and healing dust and I hope you're feeling better very soon.

Thank you Junebug
Im.myself really surprised at how painful they are

I have however discovered that bonjella teething gel is a miracle
Last night i couldn't stand it any longer, i needed to get bread and a few bits and pieces from the shop - but i had to rush in and buy the bonjella - rush out and apply it and then go back in to do my shop
it worked in about a minute !
It tasted yucky - im not sure if babies like the taste of aniseed but the releaf was amazing
And i was teally surprised eatting didn't wash it off

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Junebug
Im.myself really surprised at how painful they are

I have however discovered that bonjella teething gel is a miracle
Last night i couldn't stand it any longer, i needed to get bread and a few bits and pieces from the shop - but i had to rush in and buy the bonjella - rush out and apply it and then go back in to do my shop
it worked in about a minute !
It tasted yucky - im not sure if babies like the taste of aniseed but the releaf was amazing
And i was teally surprised eatting didn't wash it off

@Daisys and Diamonds, I'm so happy to hear you've found something that helps! And good to know too.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

I have been enjoying The Chef Show. Tried a meatball recipe from the show (and partly from tips from an Italian friend) and they are unbelievable. Melt in your mouth. Only took me 30 years to get it right!
LOL

cheers--Sharon

I’m Italian @canuk-gal I’m very competitive with my meatballs..haha I would LOVE to have the recipe!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
So you've seen my chicken pho but have you seen it in my new bowl????

I love my new bowl!!!! I love pho but I'm even happier eating pho in a pretty bowl!

PXL_20200925_084340304.jpg

PXL_20200925_084405288.jpg

I have that Portmeiron set! I don’t use it that much because my mom and son scrape the dishes. I don’t want utensil marks! I use it for my lunch!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So you've seen my chicken pho but have you seen it in my new bowl????

I love my new bowl!!!! I love pho but I'm even happier eating pho in a pretty bowl!

PXL_20200925_084340304.jpg

PXL_20200925_084405288.jpg

ooo pretty!

btw, are those quail eggs?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
today I did the most disgusting thing ever and decided to have cheese from the can and mini prezels :shock:

I'm totally ashamed of myself.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
today I did the most disgusting thing ever and decided to have cheese from the can and mini prezels :shock:

I'm totally ashamed of myself.

No one is judging you here. We need to do what we need to do to get through these very challenging times! You enjoy what you want to enjoy @Arcadian !!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have mango season in your part of the world?

It's mango season in Australia so time for mango pudding.

PXL_20201013_100605607.jpg

Oh my goodness! We don't ave mango pudding here to my knowledge. Oh I want some! OK when it is safe for you to travel please come here and I will get you as much butter pecan ice cream as possible and perhaps you can bring some of your delicious treats too? I think this is going to taste amazing. Yummmmmmm.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha I totally missed what they were made of because my eyes zoomed right to the food! :lol-2:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I've got 2 mango trees so for me, mango season is March/April. Most of the trees do their thing around that time. Then they do it again around July which is also when we get soursop. I personally do not like mango, but many in my neighborhood do.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've got 2 mango trees so for me, mango season is March/April. Most of the trees do their thing around that time. Then they do it again around July which is also when we get soursop. I personally do not like mango, but many in my neighborhood do.

If you ever get a chance Arcadian I would love some fruit tree pictures (or any edible plant really). I think I love fruit trees as much as I love gems! It's just so exciting to be able to grow food!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you ever get a chance Arcadian I would love some fruit tree pictures (or any edible plant really). I think I love fruit trees as much as I love gems! It's just so exciting to be able to grow food!

Sure!! While green they're barren currently. (I'm in US Grow Zone 10b) You'd also love the neighbor behind me, they grow lots of stuff including passion fruit! My next door neighbor grows avocados (which I really like) so we trade fruit....lol And a home grown avocado tastes so much better than one from the grocery store (and sometimes even the farm stand!) Personally I want citrus trees instead of mango for the very simple fact that fleas hate citrus trees.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I adore that nordic ware! We have to make everything gluten free, so unfortunately I don't think it would work for us. GF makes everything fall apart.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Mangos here are usually unripe and horrible but ive learnt to buy them if they come from Mexico because they arrive ripe and juicy
or just buy frozen
or out of a tin

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mangos here are usually unripe and horrible but ive learnt to buy them if they come from Mexico because they arrive ripe and juicy
or just buy frozen
or out of a tin

What you don't have any fresh mangoes????

Your climate can't grow any????

Or you can get NZ mangoes but they are bad?

Noooooooo

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
What you don't have any fresh mangoes????

Your climate can't grow any????

Or you can get NZ mangoes but they are bad?

We have mangos in the supermarket but ive learnt only to buy the Mexican ones
Noooooooo

I would think up north they might grow (my back neighbour has a banana) or in Gisborne
I don't even know what a mango tree looks like
first time i ate one i thought it was like a nectarine and one just bit into it Screenshot_20201017-212420.png
Almost fainted when i saw the price this week

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Had fish and chips for lunch after we voted

Tonight i made rhubarb and apple cobbler
we had it with cream
i think it was too acid for my mouth ulcers which were on the mend
but it was tasty

Should have made in blueberry as i think the red colour might have jinxed it for the next 3 years :(2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results