shape
carat
color
clarity

How are you eating during the virus lockdown?

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
They are patties made of ground chicken breasts and cooked earlier buckwheat (kasha). Some sour cream, salt and spices plus Bull-Dog Worcestershire sauce added. Breaded in Italian style mix. Cooked for the toddler and her parents. I am having a plain buckwheat kasha for dinner so no pictures taken :mrgreen::lickout:
IMG_2602 (2).JPG

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Heat wave started today. Only proper dinner under such circumstances is a heaping platter of Jamon Iberico, cheese, and a bottle of wine!

Yum, sounds perfect
For Hot weather!! We have charcuterie for lunch on the weekends all the time. I usually have Brie, blueberry goat cheese, smoked Gouda, sesame rice crackers, dried apricots, fig jelly, almonds, grapes and summer sausage and prosciutto all the time.

DauphineMucha

Shiny_Rock
Heat wave started today. Only proper dinner under such circumstances is a heaping platter of Jamon Iberico, cheese, and a bottle of wine!

I call that pintxos:cheeky:

voce

Ideal_Rock
Vietnamese chicken curry with noodles

Found a purple cauliflower which was a bit of a treat!

IMG_20200815_185914.jpg

That looks delicious!

Can you enlighten me as to what makes Vietnamese curry distinct? In my mind, Indian curries feature turmeric and cummin, and Thai curries feature more turmeric and coconut, sometimes peanut. Burmese curries, I think are somewhere in between? Japanese curries in my opinion are milder and brown, though I'm not sure what spices.

This is the first time I've heard of Vietnamese curry, and it looks delicious!

Incidentally, if there's any Vietnamese cookbooks I should look into, I'd be very interested!

DauphineMucha

Shiny_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl, I also want to know how you cooked the cauliflower in order to keep the purple color! Mine got “whiter” once it’s cooked.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Breakfast. Pan fried summer squash, home made pickles, steamed beet and horseradish salad. Anything else on my plate doesn't require explanations. 100% organic. IMG_2619 (2).JPG

Last edited:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went on a bit of a cooking spree the last few days. I freelance as a beer sommelier hence the weird text on the photos
. D89A50A1-12BF-479F-A0AF-13C7F3590200.jpeg D70A4948-1678-4AF6-A291-6A68CBB881B7.jpeg E33AAD9C-59E3-4078-9B57-DEA772FAFCA1.jpeg 2CCA417B-097C-4A2C-9D92-62D439BB1878.jpeg 0CA7A6F9-9842-4832-A801-EE8589FE3567.jpeg

That stout looks delicious! (Oh, and the brownie...)

I enjoy darker beers. When we visited with our friend yesterday, I brought a dark porter and a vanilla porter. As luck would have it, our friend also enjoys dark beer.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Breakfast. Pan fried summer squash, home made pickles, steamed beet and horseradish salad. Anything else on my plate doesn't require explanations. 100% organic. IMG_2619 (2).JPG

Steamed beet and horseradish salad. Sounds yummy.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I microwave it until crisp tender and then add it to the curry briefly before serving. It goes a deeper purple color after being microwaved!
im very impressed with the purple cauli
im not a huge cauli fan but i like cauliflower cheese once or twice in the winter
Chef Mic (as Gordon Ramsey calls the nicrowave) definatly has a place in the kitchen, especially with vegetables

i remember before and after mum got a microwave
vegetables stopped tasting like mush and started tasting like vegetables
the only vegetable i boil is spuds either before i roast them or to mash
one recent Christmas my SIL boiled corn on the cob
i was instantly taken back to a most unhappy culinary time

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
That stout looks delicious! (Oh, and the brownie...)

I enjoy darker beers. When we visited with our friend yesterday, I brought a dark porter and a vanilla porter. As luck would have it, our friend also enjoys dark beer.

That’s awesome! Darker beer grew on me. I think it can be a bit of an acquired taste, like dark roast coffee.

This brewery is owned by a friend and they just released a maple version. We’re going to have some at brunch tomorrow with some bacon.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
That’s awesome! Darker beer grew on me. I think it can be a bit of an acquired taste, like dark roast coffee.

This brewery is owned by a friend and they just released a maple version. We’re going to have some at brunch tomorrow with some bacon.

lucky tomorrow isnt sunday

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't get a picture, but dinner was delicious!

Smoked cauliflower with onion and red bell pepper. Smoked corn on the cob with ancho chili butter. Smoked tri tip marinated in balsamic and spices for three weeks.

Smoked enough tri tip for the next few days for lunch and dinner. Plan to use it cold on salads mostly.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I made something that I haven't made for years and years!

Beef pho!

From this:

To this:

What time should I come over? :bigsmile:

I got some live cultured abalone and sea urchins! Currently steaming the abalone in a bath of sake. Blanching the abalone livers to make a sauce, and eating it with a side of uni.

Tomorrow I will use the liquid from the sake bath to make duck egg chawanmushi, and topping that with sliced abalone and uni.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results