shape
carat
color
clarity

How are you eating during the virus lockdown?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We've all stopped eating! We dropped to the second page!

Stir fried noodles with a hint of curry and crispy pork belly or Singapore noodles as we Aussies insist on calling it even though Singaporeans tell us there is no such thing!

IMG_20200518_180946.jpg

There isn't, lol.

Looks yummy though.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I finally weighed myself. I gained 6 lbs since March.

bitmojiitbelikethatsometimes.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 7.16.37 AM.png

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D9783B85-0AF9-44A1-9080-1FAAD90AFC87.jpeg
Made from scratch, other than the cuttlefish and shrimp balls.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got fresh wood ear mushrooms at the farmers market yesterday, so decided to make this classic dish. I added tea-smoked bean curd to make it more filling.

BA57A7C6-0918-4EEF-861A-8CBF5ECEC83B.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I love all things curry, and all the recent curry buns and curry story fry noodles are making me drool....

This is something my daughter and I picked up yesterday for our lockdown hoard. I have been dying to try it, but trying to finish cooking “fresh” food that is sitting in the refrigerator....

Attachments

• 99079FD9-67C3-4940-8038-2C388E3C5E2F.jpeg
    99079FD9-67C3-4940-8038-2C388E3C5E2F.jpeg
    179.4 KB · Views: 19

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My cheese from Murray’s arrived! Hard to tell from the photo, but these are all 1/2 lb each except for the smoked mozzarella, which is 1 lb.

2B9E0EF9-DAC6-430F-BFF7-4E2648F340E5.jpeg
Clockwise from 12:00 o’clock:
1. Smoked Gouda to be eaten with crostini and crackers
2. 6-month aged Pecorino for spaghetti carbonara
3. English cheddar for cheese straws
4. Parmesan Reggiano for general cooking
5. 5-year aged Parm for eating with aged balsamic vinegar
6. Smoked mozzarella for salads
7. Delice de Bourgogne for crostini and crackers

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My cheese from Murray’s arrived! Hard to tell from the photo, but these are all 1/2 lb each except for the smoked mozzarella, which is 1 lb.

mmmmmmm looks so yummy. me wants! I use Reggiano in my carbonara.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mmmmmmm looks so yummy. me wants! I use Reggiano in my carbonara.

I think I’m going to do a combination of both pecorino and Parmesan. I figure you can’t go wrong with more cheesy goodness in carbonara!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I’m going to do a combination of both pecorino and Parmesan. I figure you can’t go wrong with more cheesy goodness in carbonara!

For sure. Do you use crème in yours?

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For sure. Do you use crème in yours?

I haven’t made it before! This will be my first time. The recipe I’m using just has egg yolks, guanciale, Parm, Pecorino, spaghetti, and pepper.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven’t made it before! This will be my first time. The recipe I’m using just has egg yolks, guanciale, Parm, Pecorino, spaghetti, and pepper.

Sounds good. You can have it either "wet" or "dry". My old fav Italian restaurant didn't use any heavy crème but I like to add a 30cc or so. Delish either way.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

I thought the smoked mozzarella was a baked potato :)

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds good. You can have it either "wet" or "dry". My old fav Italian restaurant didn't use any heavy crème but I like to add a 30cc or so. Delish either way.

I’m using this recipe. Whenever I get to the part where he adds all the fat rendered from the guanciale, I can feel my arteries clog a lot. :lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m using this recipe. Whenever I get to the part where he adds all the fat rendered from the guanciale, I can feel my arteries clog a lot. :lol:

It is the easiest most delicious dish you can make. I usually only use 2 yolks, but the fat stays. LOL

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Enchiladas. I panfried two T-bone steaks then ground up the beef. Homemade sauce. Organic corn tortillas.

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

How was your carbonara?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooooo we all went to a restaurant today. They can have 10 customers in total. We decided to support the local business.

Lol let's pray we don't all drop dead in a few days!

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
Tandoori chicken with turmeric rice..
IMG_20200513_0135180.jpg
Green curry (gang kiew wan) chicken. Had it with jasmine rice..
IMG_20200519_2239200.jpg
Braised glass noodles with pork, napa and shitake mushrooms..
IMG_20200513_1837588.jpg
Pistachio rosewater cupcakes..
IMG_20200522_0113335.jpg

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i made scotch eggs and served them with apple slaw and oven chips plus a hunk of beetroot for Gary
it tasted good and was really filling but it just looked like a plate of beige so i didn't take a pix

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks to @mellowyellowgirl and a few other ladies on this forum, I was so intrigued about pandan chiffon cake, that I decided to try it myself. I'm not a fan of artificial flavorings, so I ordered some fresh pandan leaves (grown in Florida and pricey!) and had them shipped via Amazon. The cake was delicious! I'm not sure I got the texture perfect, though. It was moister and more cake-like than I imagined it should be, based on descriptions. I was expecting more of an angel food cake texture. The recipe I used had coconut oil in it, so I'm guessing that's what made it so (deliciously) moist. I've made angel food cake before and I don't remember using any oil or fat. I also need a better pan and need to tweak a few of my techniques to get a higher rise next time. No matter--it was a big success in my eyes. I've decided to order an actual pandan plant to live in my warm, sunny and occasionally humid bathroom. Hopefully, I'll be able to enjoy pandan in the future. And thanks, all of you who posted about pandan, for the inspiration!
IMG_0539.JPG IMG_0537.JPG

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg you little gem @natasha-cupcake

That looks fantastic!!!! And you got such a great colour!!!!

You've made my week!!! It's so rare to get someone try something completely random that I love so so so much!!!!!

And you even bought the leaves!!!! Squeeeeee!!!!!!

I've got a plant too!!!! We can be plant twinzies when you get yours!!!!!!

Hehe there is a Thai cafe in Sydney that has a giant flourishing pandan plant in their public bathroom!

Did you have any pandan left? You can extract and freeze the liquid. That's what I do when I get my hands on the leaves. I freeze 100ml portions of super green liquid because I'm too lazy to puree leaves all the time (or I can't access leaves)

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Omg you little gem @natasha-cupcake

That looks fantastic!!!! And you got such a great colour!!!!

You've made my week!!! It's so rare to get someone try something completely random that I love so so so much!!!!!

And you even bought the leaves!!!! Squeeeeee!!!!!!

I've got a plant too!!!! We can be plant twinzies when you get yours!!!!!!

Hehe there is a Thai cafe in Sydney that has a giant flourishing pandan plant in their public bathroom!

Did you have any pandan left? You can extract and freeze the liquid. That's what I do when I get my hands on the leaves. I freeze 100ml portions of super green liquid because I'm too lazy to puree leaves all the time (or I can't access leaves)

Luckily, I DO have some leaves left--yippee!!! I want to try a pandan waffle recipe with them, but I need to wait a while because I actually eat low carb/keto in general and can only have a "cheat day" once a month. So freezing the liquid is a great tip for me. Thanks so much!! Oh, and I have the same heart shaped waffle maker you must have, because I saw the beautiful waffles you made in one of your earlier posts. I really do appreciate being introduced to wonderful foods. I was so intrigued with the obvious love you have for this cake, and for the other foods you've displayed here. I might just try another one of your delicious dishes!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Comfort food for a cold and rainy day: prime rib, mashed potatoes with black peppercorn gravy, Yorkshire pudding and organic kale and carrot salad.

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results