shape
carat
color
clarity

How are you coping with isolation?

GardenLady21

Shiny_Rock
I use this one from Sally Beauty (also available online). The directions say to use it with the same brand primer but I skip that step as it adheres very well to my nails without it. The package shows just peeling it off but the directions say to use an orange stick dipped in acetone Which is what I do.
4816F1D5-B1AF-4357-B1FD-28C6F67EBB49.jpeg

Can you use any gel nail polish and topcoat? I haven't seen this before but think its a great idea! I have always avoided gel nails because of the dreaded soak off.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I have a few different brands so yes, I think you can use any brands together with this.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the info on the polish ladies! When this gets over and I'm not washing my hands a hundred times a day and scrubbing everything in site with crazy chemicals I look forward to getting my hands looking half-way decent again!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday was a bad day, I don't know about you guys but I have days where I just don't feel I can keep going. Physically, mentally felt ill, just a bad day.

Today is a little better, this was the breakfast scenery.

IMG_7968.JPG

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a major wobble the other day @StephanieLynn, I couldn’t even get a click & collect slot at any of the supermarkets and I was beginning to feel really worried.

I was up all night, constantly logging in to the supermarkets websites to see if any slots were available, they say they’re putting more on. We’re up to the 15th April, with none available.

I put things in my virtual basket, and then yesterday just before lunch, I logged in to one, and a slot had magically appeared, I just checked out my basket as fast as I could. It’s not a shop I use regularly, but before Christmas I’d set up an account, and hey presto, I couldn’t believe it, the slot was for today. They came earlier, only 4 things not on my list, but that’s fine. I’m feeling considerably better today, the worrying was making me feel physically sick. A friend also told me about a local man who does fruit and veg deliveries, and I was quick enough to get a slot too, and that’s been delivered, so we’re all set.

We are so lucky that we have young neighbours who’ve offered to get us food, but we don’t like to bother them, especially as they have their own families to feed. It’s times like these that highlight how far away our son is, 5000 miles!

We’re doing OK now, we’ve managed to source things online that‘ll be coming in a few weeks, so we’re fine if they all arrive. We haven’t been out of the house (except for the garden) for over a week now, but we’re healthy and still alive!!!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was going fine today until we heard that many in my husbands direct field have been laid off today. He called his boss about it and the boss said don't worry. But how can you not? I'm not one to take that as reassurance, because for us, everything always goes wrong. I'm sure it will be better tomorrow. Gut punches set me back, but I usually wake up optimistic again the next day, or at least on an even keel.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina, I'm sorry that something as necessary as getting food is causing so much stress! If everyone just bought what they needed we would have plenty to go around.

@lyra, I'm sending good thoughts your way that your husband is able to keep working. I know that feeling of uncertainty is so completely stressful.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was yesterday's outing, the only place the kids have been in two weeks! There were plastic gloves and we disinfected the books that we bought. I thought this was a nice idea since the libraries are closed.

IMG_7967.JPG

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I started cleaning out in February but didn’t get to the donation centers before they closed. I’ve moved it all to the garage but it could be a while before anywhere is open again. If we get a nice day I may move it to the driveway and put a free posting online.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isolation? With DH and the kids at home, I can't get 5 minutes alone. :???:

LOL. But in all seriousness you are very fortunate @Gussie. I miss my parents and my sister and my nieces. I am so thankful my dh is with me and that is keeping me sane. But yeah I miss the rest of my family.

Everyone stay safe and well.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was going fine today until we heard that many in my husbands direct field have been laid off today. He called his boss about it and the boss said don't worry. But how can you not? I'm not one to take that as reassurance, because for us, everything always goes wrong. I'm sure it will be better tomorrow. Gut punches set me back, but I usually wake up optimistic again the next day, or at least on an even keel.

@lyra I am sorry and hope it doesn't affect your DH's job. But know this. Right now the only thing that matters is surviving this and later on things will get sorted out. Need to focus most of our energy (if not all of it) on getting through this day by day. (((HUGS))).

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I hear you, my day job is probably going to get finished up next week and unfortunately the Opal market (along with almost the entire jewelry trade) is basically in death right now.

I do have deposit money saved for our first home that I was literally weeks from signing paperwork on, so if this goes long term I have that to rely on. But if this goes for more than a year I am going to be getting very stressed out.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I'm getting down. The isolation, stay at home and worry are getting to me. Bad news daily, and I feel like I've got virus burnout. We go out for a walk, and I putter in the yard, spring clean the house, listen to music and bake, but still it's happening.

This is my holiday block from work and on the one hand I'm so grateful for it, as the coffee shop I work at for the ferry has closed down, and not sure where I'll be working, if at all. Plus I'm here to support my family, source food and keep the house tidy and stocked. A part of me is so disappointed this is how I'm spending my hard earned holidays, and then I feel guilty.

Thanks for listening. I reckon if I shine a light on those feelings, it might help a little.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock

Of course you worry. So many unknowns, and now another one.

I'll hope and pray this is extremely temporary, or doesn't happen at all. Thinking of you both.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

By oogling Oakgem! I love this...so impractical but just my style!

cheers--Sharon

This is gorgeous, @canuk-gal ... I'd give that ring about 2 seconds on my finger before I snap off the pearls, though

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm getting down. The isolation, stay at home and worry are getting to me. Bad news daily, and I feel like I've got virus burnout. We go out for a walk, and I putter in the yard, spring clean the house, listen to music and bake, but still it's happening.

This is my holiday block from work and on the one hand I'm so grateful for it, as the coffee shop I work at for the ferry has closed down, and not sure where I'll be working, if at all. Plus I'm here to support my family, source food and keep the house tidy and stocked. A part of me is so disappointed this is how I'm spending my hard earned holidays, and then I feel guilty.

Thanks for listening. I reckon if I shine a light on those feelings, it might help a little.

Begonia all your feelings are valid. It’s a scary time. Please try not to feel guilty in any way. We’re all navigating this the best we can.

You’re a wonderful mother and partner to your DH. And I agree. It helps me as well to share my fears and concerns.

We are all in this together and I believe most of us will rise to the occasion and be the best humans we can to our families and hopefully to our neighbors in need.

Hang in there. It’s just the beginning but one day at a time one hour at a time keeps it manageable.

(((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

By oogling Oakgem! I love this...so impractical but just my style!

cheers--Sharon

Gorgeous. Bling helps bring happy distraction. I’ll take any joy I can get. Thanks for sharing Sharon. ❤️

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My BFF was laid off this week because of the stay at home order. She's a dental hygienist and her office is only taking emergency appts. DH's work is considered an essential business so he's still working for now. I'm coping but I didn't go out much anyway except to my part time job which is shut off for now also. I could probably get used to grocery delivery since I hate grocery shopping anyway. My heart goes out to those having trouble getting what they need.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Begonia all your feelings are valid. It’s a scary time. Please try not to feel guilty in any way. We’re all navigating this the best we can.

You’re a wonderful mother and partner to your DH. And I agree. It helps me as well to share my fears and concerns.

We are all in this together and I believe most of us will rise to the occasion and be the best humans we can to our families and hopefully to our neighbors in need.

Hang in there. It’s just the beginning but one day at a time one hour at a time keeps it manageable.

(((Hugs))).

Thanks for the encouragement missy :)
I got out today sourcing food, and feel a bit better. The weather has tanked here, and am more house bound than usual.

I hope you are managing ok too, and keeping your mental health up. This is one of our biggest challenges as a human race, and it's...tiring. I'm so humbled now when I think of catastrophes/wars etc, and how humanity coped. Hero's that I never really acknowledged. I feel like I've had my head in the sand, and now that it's out the light is so bright I can barely see.

Take a breath and forge on as you say. Roger that missy. If I forget to ever say it, you're one of my hero's. For being here for us all, consistently.

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
Really want to say THANK YOU to each of you for being here and keeping the conversations going. I read throughout the day as my work ebbs and flows.

It's nice to share in this community while at home coping with so much uncertainty.

I am in So Cal and have a feeling if our residents do not comply with the shelter in place restrictions this weekend, Newson will call in the National Guard and go martial law.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is gorgeous, @canuk-gal ... I'd give that ring about 2 seconds on my finger before I snap off the pearls, though

Oh for sure. I'd prolly put my hand to my face and clock myself with those baubles! LOL

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yale has a really popular class on happiness if you’re interested. It’s been well reviewed and might help focus thoughts relating to happiness (or the lack thereof) in the time of covid. It’s free!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous. Bling helps bring happy distraction. I’ll take any joy I can get. Thanks for sharing Sharon. ❤

@missy I just bought this for you!

cheers--Sharon xo

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I just bought this for you!

cheers--Sharon xo

Aww you're the best Sharon! :kiss2:
This is definitely cheering me up. Covid 19 take that!

elizat

Ideal_Rock

I think it's hard because it's a cycle. I'm not a super social person, but being just in the house with only one other, only going out for groceries is.... Tiresome. It's a loop and it's boring. We have a stay at home order and not being able to go get something to even do a house project stinks. I have a window bench in the office of our new house. The cats love it. I was thinking I could go and get foam, fabric, etc and make something and then realized I can't. Suddenly not having the ability to do stuff is a big change.

This is the area I wanted to make them a cushion. Because I'm weird.

Attachments

• IMG_20200327_110116.jpg
    IMG_20200327_110116.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 44
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results