shape
carat
color
clarity

Horrible experience with Ed Bristol Wildfish Gems

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

StarRHnegative

Rough_Rock
**edited by moderator, name calling will NOT be tolerated on this forum.**

Last edited by a moderator:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
@Star- In the scenario you described on #60, I would definitely agree with you. But your dealings with this vendor seem more complicated and of course, not having been there, we can only know so much and are left to try to read between the lines on the rest, which you are right, can be way off.

Also, while most big stores and many smaller vendors offer 100% money back, I don't think that's necessarily legally required or maybe even expected if a small business person puts in considerable time with a custom order, including sourcing and buying stones from elsewhere and etc. Going to look at the site now...

ETA: Okay, it says "Europe's Finest Gems- Online Since 2003." Which, if accurate, might put legal recourse out of consideration. Idk if it matters that he has some kind of listings in the US too.

If you paid by credit card or PayPal, maybe you could file a dispute with them. However, if you did that (and if it even applies here) maybe then he'd take the offer of 2/3 refund off the table?

Still reading...

Last edited:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will be impossible for anyone to give you mpre advice if you don't want to share your photos of these gems or more facts about the transaction without the hyperbole. I don't think anyone will want to now that you've insulted all the people who participate in this forum. You started out with people sympathetic to you and wanting to help and have now swayed that sumpathy to the vendor. If your rudeness co tinues I hope @Ella comes by to lock down this thread.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[QUOTE="StarRHnegative, post: 4521822, member: 103147] edited

.[/QUOTE]
Your posts are beyond insulting, and also false. White wave isn't Ed, or related to him. Neither are the rest of us. Calling us names doesn't help you.

Who cares if IF diamonds exist??? How is that relevant to whether there are flawless unheated sapphires?? That's like comparing apples and oranges, and then yelling about how apples should be orange. Unheated sapphires are rare and expensive, particularly well cut ones in yellow. Addjng the requirement that it be loup clean from all angles is too much for most vendors, ESPECIALLY if you want a big stone. I'm not saying it doesn't exist anywhere, but I think your expectations aren't realistic at all.

Plus, we still havent seen any pics showing what you claim are obvious inclusions visible to the naked eye.

Last edited by a moderator:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will be impossible for anyone to give you mpre advice if you don't want to share your photos of these gems or more facts about the transaction without the hyperbole. I don't think anyone will want to now that you've insulted all the people who participate in this forum. You started out with people sympathetic to you and wanting to help and have now swayed that sumpathy to the vendor. If your rudeness co tinues I hope @Ella comes by to lock down this thread.
Seeing as OP has called us all "re*ards" and continues to accuase whitewave and others (including me) of being Ed or his wife, I assume this thread will be locked shortly.

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m not a gem expert nor a business person but even I knew you were the one who set the $333 price simply because it’s not a number one would be quoted for a setting.

Plus you told us with this quote from Ed, “I can do a simple setting for 333, though that is under my cost, but I’m dealing in gems, the settings are just a post-sales service (as long as they are simple).”

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not a gem expert nor a business person but even I knew you were the one who set the $333 price simply because it’s not a number one would be quoted for a setting.

Plus you told us, “I can do a simple setting for 333, though that is under my cost, but I’m dealing in gems, the settings are just a post-sales service (as long as they are simple).”
This. The exact prices and info were in the emails that OP copied and pasted!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I've copied the company's stated policy below.

Was there any other agreement made between the two of you as this transaction progressed? For example, an exception to the usual stated return policy if he had to source the stones for you rather than selling you something out of stock?

Also, the coral was set into jewelry but not the sapphire?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Returns: Loose Gemstones

Our 7-days return policy for gemstones is simple:

No exceptions. No discussions*. No delays.
(We might politely ask 'Why?' but only to learn and serve you better. Answer you must not.)

Returns from the USA can be shipped to our office in the USA.

Returns from the EU can be shipped to our office in the EU.

You have seven days to decide if you want to keep your stone, starting with the day you have received it (if you need longer, no problem, but please let us know).

If you don't like your stone, you ship it back to one of our offices and we'll recharge your paypal or bank account as soon as we have received it.

--------------------------------------------------------

Return Policy for made-to-order Jewelry:

In the event that you reject made-to-order jewelry for any reason beyond our responsibility, we will charge you 33% of your project cost to cover external labor and waste material (minimum $400 US).

In the event that we have done faulty work we will repair or remake (free of charge) or you will get a full refund.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.wildfishgems.com/return_policy

Last edited:

StarRHnegative

Rough_Rock
White wave said the 333 thing before I mentioned the exact details.

Well, BBB is saying he has an LLC company here in US

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Once it gets to name calling and a complete denial of personal responsibility with a lack of open minded understanding;
I'm out.

I think a lab made gem or someone who deals in gemstones with the same spiritual/religious ideals would be a much better match for you.
If/when you ever post again- I do urge you to never call the other posters "retards" if you do not receive answers that are to your satisfaction. There comes a time when you have to think to yourself, "Whats more likely, the many people here who have been in the community and have helped many others find the gemstones of their dreams being wrong, or could I be wrong or missing something myself?"

Good luck OP!

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s all about simple deduction. Here you said, “We agreed to a hunt of a loupe clean yellow sapphire for $7k and an eye clean red coral of $2k. Additionally to be set for $333.”

We here know you obviously didn’t have a setting picked out yet. You couldn’t have; you didn’t have your stones yet. So how could the price be set yet by Ed?

That and it is still a very odd number to be quoted for a setting.

StarRHnegative

Rough_Rock
I was not calling everyone regards. Only those falsely insulting me. Excuse me. Im a bit inflamed about losing 9333 for nothing..and then people who dont even know the truth false and derogatory things.

The final decision and what I received is a loose sapphire and coral pendant.

I already offered out of kindness to pay 33% of the coral pendant. Which would be according to OUR agreement 2000 for the coral plus 333 for a setting. So 33% of 2300.

But he wants 3000+. For sending me flawed stones (according to loupe clean which he confirms) and eye clean on the red coral.

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’ve learned a few things over my decades. If you want help, name calling and/or using bad language (no, you haven’t done that) really impeeds any point one’s trying to make. It makes you unbelievable and discredits your argument. Using one’s intelligence and well thought out words go a long way in making a point.

Last edited:

sydneyatl

Shiny_Rock
Gosh, I feel sorry for Ed.

Edit: tangentially related, whatever happened to that one poster that was promoting him at every turn? Something in the sky with sapphires, I think, was the username? This thread made me realize we haven’t seen him around in awhile...

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, truthfully (again, acknowledging that OP has been awful, which makes me think that he has been awful to Ed too), I think the business' own website is clear about the loose stone. IF it is not set, and IF it was sent loose, then it should be able to be returned at 100% refund, no questions asked. (but the OP hasn't shown any pictures, so it's hard to know if this is the truth or not). Given that it's a no questions asked refund policy, OP, it doesn't matter whether others will agree with you or not that it isn't eye clean. If you do not like it, you should be able to send it back without penalty, within the 7 day window, so long as it is still a loose stone. I would implore you to post a picture to support your assertion that this, in fact, a loose (unset) stone).

If the coral is the only thing that was set into jewelry, then it should be the only piece that the 33% deduction comes from as part of the refund. If it were me, I would assume that these are two separate pieces and fall under two separate sections of the website's own return policy, and I would be upset too. Again, you have made a lot of claims about how horrible this coral is, and yet the only picture you have posted is one of Eds of the stone under magnification. I would like to see a picture of it IRL.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whitewave I highly suspect you are Ed himself. How would you know if 333 was my idea or not? This without a doubt proves you are him or his wife. Thats so shady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The 333 was my idea after the agreement of finding the specified stones at 2k and 7k as mentioned above.
This was privately discussed between Ed and I alone. How would a random member on pricescope know these intimate details? Shadyyyyyyy!!!!
Weird number requirements?
If finding finding a stone between 3 carats to 5 carats is 'weird number equirements' .....then.. Lol

Lol. I said I am a Clair.

But the truth is that it’s too easy to see that a dumb number like 333 had to be your idea.

Clair cognizance? Or just observant?

Lol. You can choose. I don’t care. I do feel like I should tell you (because I don’t think you are aware) that you are sounding a bit unhinged.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Regardless of my beliefs. Language. Etc. None of that matters in a business transaction.
What many of you are failing to see. You are looking at this from an emotional feminine perspective.

Instead of logical mind based of agreement and contract.

Where I was the victim of fraud or a huge mistake that is not being rightfully addressed, even according to his online policy.
Period.
End of discussion.

Oh, now he attempts to manspain this:wall::wall:

He is probably man spreading while typing :lol-2:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, I feel sorry for Ed.

Edit: tangentially related, whatever happened to that one poster that was promoting him at every turn? Something in the sky with sapphires, I think, was the username? This thread made me realize we haven’t seen him around in awhile...

Yup, this post shows the kind of BS Ed has put up with for a year.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Regardless of my beliefs. Language. Etc. None of that matters in a business transaction.
What many of you are failing to see. You are looking at this from an emotional feminine perspective.

Instead of logical mind based of agreement and contract.

Where I was the victim of fraud or a huge mistake that is not being rightfully addressed, even according to his online policy.
Period.
End of discussion.

OP, you seem to be intent on ignoring anyone that posts anything in support of your case. Despite my va-jay-jay, I am very capable of thinking like a business person (because I AM one), and I have repeatedly pointed out that you likely have a case - provided what you are saying about your sapphire being unset and sent to you as a loose stone is, in fact, true. But you insist on ignoring repeated requests to post pictures (real ones) of your items, which is making your accusations hold less and less weight.

In any case, my recommendation would be to open a dispute with your credit card company or PayPal provided that this is how you paid, and ask that the stated refund policy on the website be honored (unless of course there is some other written agreement that was came to between yourself and Ed that Ed can produce). I am inclined to agree with you, that a no questions asked 7 day refund policy should be a no questions asked 7 day refund policy for any portion of an order that qualified (i.e., loose, unset stones). And that a 33% fee for returned custom work should be honored, no matter how annoyed the vendor might be with you.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, this post shows the kind of BS Ed has put up with for a year.

Oy Vey!!! Poor Ed should have sussed out what he was dealing with long before producing a stone and RUN! VERY QUICKLY! As fast as his aura would let him!!!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a thread for the ages. Best posts ever. We should make a post on hangout for threads not to miss.

=)

Whitewave, when should we send congrats on your wedding and where should we send the gifts, you being married to Ed now and all??? Oh wait...maybe you ARE Ed! You and that crafty feminine brain and sussing out the 333 and all. Is 333 the new 666? Is it another millennial thing? Like the Rh- thing? What does it all mean???

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whitewave, when should we send congrats on your wedding and where should we send the gifts, you being married to Ed now and all??? Oh wait...maybe you ARE Ed! You and that crafty feminine brain and sussing out the 333 and all. Is 333 the new 666? Is it another millennial thing? Like the Rh- thing? What does it all mean???

I will accept all gems as wedding presents. Lol. Ed and I thank you.

We need to redo the song “call me Al” with “call me Ed” lol

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@cmd2014 I agree with you about the policies. My guess is that this particular arrangement came with extra conditions since Ed we sourcing something that he didn't have online, etc. However, if that isn't the case, then yes it should be subject to the same eturn policies as stated.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@cmd2014 I agree with you about the policies. My guess is that this particular arrangement came with extra conditions since Ed we sourcing something that he didn't have online, etc. However, if that isn't the case, then yes it should be subject to the same eturn policies as stated.

This is my suspicion. Either that or the "loose stone" isn't loose. There seems to be more to this story. The tough thing is that it's hard when you are on the other end of these things. If you stand your ground you save money in the short term, but risk damage to your reputation in these kind of dust-ups with this kind of person. Sometimes it's better to take the short term hit than the long term loss of business if you are dealing with someone willing to tell everyone who will listen how unhappy they might be.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results