shape
carat
color
clarity

Horrible experience with Ed Bristol Wildfish Gems

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

StarRHnegative

Rough_Rock
This is the coral before I received it. Now i see clearly the chipped edge

mdi

Shiny_Rock
I mean I guessssss if you were sourcing a natural 10x loupe-clean unheated sapphire from an area where a ton of volcanic activity once happened thousands of years ago, thus heating up the earth in which the sapphire was formed to a toasty ~2000 °C, anything's possible.

StarRHnegative

Rough_Rock
Well the BBB says Florida is his headquarters in the US. As I filed a complaint with BBB NY location and they sent a message saying they forwarded it to his headquarters in FL and from there he has a certain amount of time to respond

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well the BBB says Florida is his headquarters in the US. As I filed a complaint with BBB NY location and they sent a message saying they forwarded it to his headquarters in FL and from there he has a certain amount of time to respond

Lol. You do realize that the bbb is only a complaint collection service and has no power or authority to do anything but collect complaints?

So he gets an F from you. Lol congratulations. So what.

StarRHnegative

Rough_Rock
I only agreed to it being as i stated with no white dots, cracks, color banding, etc.

I could not tell by the photos. I went by his words. I told him the photos seemed like they had visible inclusions. Where he assured me no.

I might have said.. Looks good. But in color. The other parameters are set time and time again

StarRHnegative

Rough_Rock
Sounds like your Eds wife. Or him under false identity. Wouldn't surprise me.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

And you sound like a troll with your 46 posts. So there, happy? At least I have met people from PS in person and talk with regulars all the time lol. But do go on sounding off balance....

mdi

Shiny_Rock

Dude, if you're talking to me, I don't even know Ed! All I know is I believe in science and facts, and it sounds like he didn't misrepresent what he could offer you.

I think his mistake was in taking on your request to begin with, which frankly, if such a thing did exist, would probably be so rare as to be in the Smithsonian Natural History Museum under a permanent microscope display.

Just my two cents.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope. I am neither, and Ive never purchased from Ed bc I don't care about heat treatment and don't want to pay more for unheated stones. I just think your request seems unreasonable, and I don't think you are being honest about what happened here.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only agreed to it being as i stated with no white dots, cracks, color banding, etc.

I could not tell by the photos. I went by his words. I told him the photos seemed like they had visible inclusions. Where he assured me no.

I might have said.. Looks good. But in color. The other parameters are set time and time again
I can see visible inclusions in the photo, so If I were you and didn't want any inclusions I wouldn't have accepted this stone.

mdi

Shiny_Rock
Nope. I am neither, and Ive never purchased from Ed bc I don't care about heat treatment and don't want to pay more for unheated stones. I just think your request seems unreasonable, and I don't think you are being honest about what happened here.

Hey now, it's hard to have your story be scrutinized under 10x magnification and not have a few little inclusions appear...that's what I've been saying LOL

StarRHnegative

Rough_Rock
Much to hostile and wrongly defensive to not have some kind of connection with him. Not to mention first thing you said was how many emails.. And thats exactly one the things Ed said he wants payment for in this.. Emails.. Lol

When I am innocent. I asked for something. That was not delivered. And a refund (except minus 3000) is not being granted.

StarRHnegative

Rough_Rock
This has nothing to do with mystical properties or jyotish gems.

This is. Loupe clean sapphire and coral without eye flaws. Nothing else.

StarRHnegative

Rough_Rock
I'll have to check my email but im 99.9% Ed said loupe clean means 10× magnification.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Much to hostile and wrongly defensive to not have some kind of connection with him. Not to mention first thing you said was how many emails.. And thats exactly one the things Ed said he wants payment for in this.. Emails.. Lol

When I am innocent. I asked for something. That was not delivered. And a refund (except minus 3000) is not being granted.

Oh believe me, you aren’t the first difficult customer to send hundreds of emails to a vendor. It’s not hard to figure out.

Plus, the rapid fire cut and paste emails you posted....

You said you now see the stuff you didn’t want on the pic Ed sent you before he sent the coral.

Try harder with the astrology and gems...it doesn’t seem to be working well for you! Good luck!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This has nothing to do with mystical properties or jyotish gems.

This is. Loupe clean sapphire and coral without eye flaws. Nothing else.
That's not true though. You want those things *because* of the properties you believe they have. Hence why you need to be working with vendors who understand your priorities, rather than those who specialize in high quality stones for fair prices (e.g. the vendor's we recommend here).

Batgirl76

Shiny_Rock
If you REALLY want something spiritual, that’s going to bring you good karma, and is as free from inclusions as possible, can I gently suggest a lab-grown (real) gem?

—-They result in far less environmental destruction.
—-They are far less likely to involve worker exploitation, especially if cut in the U.S.
—-They are far less expensive. You could donate a huge amount of $ to your favorite spiritual organization and still have money left over.

Take a look at the thread “Colored gem beauties (lab-created)” to see some eye-popping specimens.

StarRHnegative

Rough_Rock
Anyway. Its a loose stone. Shouldn't be having this discussion.

StarRHnegative

Rough_Rock
Yes. I will use it for those purposes. But this transaction has nothing to do with those properties.
It was based on an agreement of physical specifics that I was after. They were not provided, in fact, deception was used saying they were. Or a huge mistake. Either way, i did not get what we agreed to Physically.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. I will use it for those purposes. But this transaction has nothing to do with those properties.
It was based on an agreement of physical specifics that I was after. They were not provided, in fact, deception was used saying they were. Or a huge mistake. Either way, i did not get what we agreed to Physically.
The thing is, if you agreed that he should set that coral for you, then you did get what you agreed to.

Since we haven't seen the sapphire, I can't speak to that. But it sounds like Ed warned you extensively that your requests weren't realistic .

voce

Ideal_Rock
Loupe clean. Not eye clean. All i have is a aria phone with bad camera quality.

Regardless of your religious insults about my reasons for wanting this (i mean come on, half the population is still believing in the bible lol.. Need we get into that discussion)

I was told I'd receive something that I did not. I verified it with other geomologists and gem sellers and it is not loupe clean period. You can see the chip on the coral easily enough in the photo.

Ed is not in US? Just like you should study before making remarks that sapphires cant be loupe clean (my so called search for a jyotish sapphire being unrealistic) you should also do a little more research on topics before you blurt out something untrue. Yes. He has headquarters in Florida and a location in NY.
I would have an easier time believing you if you can demonstrate paper documents from third-party gemologists corroborating that it is not loupe-clean. As things stand, you remind me of a pushy person who expresses so much upset and indignation that people around you (aka the gemologists) will smile and nod their heads just to be done with the conversation.

This is offensive to me you would assume that. Whitewave and lovedogs are both long-time members who have demonstrated their fair-mindedness through many posts.

And you sound like a troll with your 46 posts. So there, happy? At least I have met people from PS in person and talk with regulars all the time lol. But do go on sounding off balance....
I read the other thread where OP was typecasting RH+ people. The overwhelming impression given by reading OP's posts is "demanding", and I think it ironic that OP's user name ends with "negative", because some people will always be negative Nancy.

I'd like to see more facts and evidence supplied (photographs, third-party documents verifying the claim). In my humble opinion, Ed should never have taken on this request. The loupe clean condition is a tall order in a 3 ct+ gem, and the specificity of the expectations are such that I think a more realistic budget for something that fulfills OP's request is $93,333 instead of $9333.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
StarRH- i think lovedogs' suggestion is a good one to try to find a vendor that aligns to your perspective/priorities in the future. at the end of the day the vendor has to know when the request is too much to deliver and communicate that to you but it sounds like there is a lot of grey area in this issue. perhaps best to focus how you and the current vendor can resolve this with minimal negativity.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Sounds to me like it might just be honest misunderstandings on both sides, with both working in good faith with each other for quite a while in a complex transaction that just didn't pan out. Then, in frustration, the connection goes sour with angry words. Yikes! (I don't know either of the people involved btw).

If the vendor tried to fulfill the request to the best of his ability and put in considerable time and effort beyond the typical transaction (and may take a loss on the stones himself if he can't return them to their source himself for a full refund) then maybe the two thirds refund offered is actually reasonable and fair, sharing the loss, even though it is a chunk of change that will be felt?

Do you think that's possible, StarRH?

I'd also look to this vendor's reputation. That would weigh into what I thought of this. I'm trying to think about it the way I think a judge would. Not that I'm a judge or anything...

Last edited:

StarRHnegative

Rough_Rock
Whitewave I highly suspect you are Ed himself. How would you know if 333 was my idea or not? This without a doubt proves you are him or his wife. Thats so shady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The 333 was my idea after the agreement of finding the specified stones at 2k and 7k as mentioned above.
This was privately discussed between Ed and I alone. How would a random member on pricescope know these intimate details? Shadyyyyyyy!!!!
Weird number requirements?
If finding finding a stone between 3 carats to 5 carats is 'weird number equirements' .....then.. Lol

StarRHnegative

Rough_Rock
Seaurchin.
How would you like it if over and over you conversate about exact requirements of say Idk.. A shirt you buy online.
You see other shirts in person and online for half the price with tiny holes or deformities. But this vendor tells you.. For double the price I can get you a shirt free of holes and rips.
When you get it.. It has small holes in it and a rip. When you specifically stated this was the reason you were buying from the vendor and then he starts blaming you that you are in appreciative of his work and 'just accept it regardless of what we agreed on.. I put money into making it and take my word for it. Its perfect.' And then he will only refund you 2/3 of the cost.
When his website policy says returns no questions asked.

Dude no!!!! This shirt has holes in it and the pants are ripped !!!! I want my money back!

And ofc. This is not a 75$ shirt. Its $9300 we are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results