carat
color
clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny matata!!
I sent this one to dh when I saw it, as trump has trouble keeping focus , doesnt like to read papers with too many words and even when he speaks it is clear to me that his vocabulary is limited.

B9A09766-3E2C-47D0-B3A2-87735A13665E.png

I tried to make this even larger so that I could make out every question and comment. I absolutely love this. I want my own blank one and a box of Crayola crayons, too!

Deb
:saint:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 6.17.34 PM.png

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 6.19.54 PM.png

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yeah. As if we needed to add cruelty to animals to treason, pushing nuclear war, taking health care from the needy and sexual assault on women to Trump's crimes. But cruelty to animals is the one the would be most likely to send me over the edge if I happened to be teetering on a brink.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alleged pedophile is better than having a democrat in office

Well, I can see the internal logic of it to Republicans. If a Democrat gets in, he may support a Supreme Court candidate who wants to keep Roe v. Wade which will allow a woman to choose abortion during the first 90 days of her pregnancy. That is an assault on an innocent life. The Unborn. Pedophilia, on the other hand, hurts no one except young boys and girls. Once they have been born, since it is of no moment to Republicans whether they starve or get medical care (witness the recently Republican proposed medical and tax bills), why would it matter if they are sexually abused?

AGBF

t-c

Brilliant_Rock

And look from USA News and World Report:
Report: Keystone Pipeline Spills More Oil Than Expected
Documents reveal TransCanada's controversial pipeline spills oil more than previously expected.

TransCanada Corp.'s existing Keystone pipeline has reportedly leaked more oil in the United States – and more often – than predicted when the project began operating in 2010.

Reuters reported Monday that a review of documents revealed the company estimated the risk of a pipeline leak of more than 50 barrels at "not more than once every seven to 11 years over the entire length of the pipeline in the United States" and predicted a "spill no more than once every 41 years" in South Dakota. In November, an estimated 5,000 barrels of oil leaked onto agricultural land near Amherst, South Dakota, shutting down the pipeline in the northeastern part of the state. The approximately 210,000-gallon spill was one of the largest onshore oil or petroleum product spills since 2010, according to the Associated Press.

The November spill was the second time the pipeline leaked in South Dakota. In April 2016, a leak in the pipeline near Freeman, South Dakota, resulted in a spill of nearly 17,000 gallons of oil. The roughly 400-barrel spill was much worse than initially reported to federal authorities, and TransCanada reportedly requested the FAA create a no-fly zone above the spill. A passerby discovered the spill that eluded the pipeline's spill detection system and soaked private land. The spill caused a weeklong shutdown on the pipeline, according to the Associated Press.

In May 2011, roughly 14,000 gallons of oil, or more than 300 barrels, leaked in neighboring North Dakota after a valve reportedly failed at a pumping station near the South Dakota border. Other estimates put the spill closer to 21,000 galllons...
[...]

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
How can anyone still defend/support Trump is beyond me.

From the NY Times:
1.jpeg

After we published a list of President Trump’s lies this summer, we heard a common response from his supporters. They said, in effect: Yes, but if you made a similar list for previous presidents, it would be just as bad.

We’ve set out to make that list. Here, you will find our attempt at a comprehensive catalog of the falsehoods that Barack Obama told while he was president.
We applied the same conservative standard to Obama and Trump, counting only demonstrably and substantially false statements. The result: Trump is unlike any other modern president. He seems virtually indifferent to reality, often saying whatever helps him make the case he’s trying to make.
Separately, we have updated our earlier list of Trump's lies, which also includes repeated falsehoods. This article counts only distinct falsehoods for both Trump and Obama.
We left out any statement that could be plausibly defended even if many people would disagree with the president's interpretation. We also left out modest quantitative errors, such as Trump's frequent imprecision with numbers.

We have used the word “lies” again here, as we did in our original piece. If anything, though, the word is unfair to Obama and Bush. When they became aware that they had been saying something untrue, they stopped doing it. Obama didn’t continue to claim that all Americans would be able to keep their existing health insurance under Obamacare, for example, and Bush changed the way he spoke about Iraq’s weapons capability.

Trump is different. When he is caught lying, he will often try to discredit people telling the truth, be they judges, scientists, F.B.I. or C.I.A. officials, journalists or members of Congress. Trump is trying to make truth irrelevant. It is extremely damaging to democracy, and it’s not an accident. It’s core to his political strategy.
...​

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2017-12-16 at 9.17.23 AM.png

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ummm...you and I both belong to the ACLU, Matata. Do they have an opinion on freedom of speech in this context or do you think that the CDC, being part of the government and all, is too big an entity on which for them to waste their meager resources? It probably is. They need to defend The Little Guy. The CDC will have to fend for itself. Which means that we citizens will have to remind the government of The First Amendment and that the government is not allowed to tell scientists which words they can use. Trump really tires me out with all his outrageous, illegal antics.

AGBF

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
You need to read this.
From the NY Times:

The G.O.P.’s Legislative Lemons
By MICHAEL TOMASKY
DEC. 14, 2017

After a secretive, whirlwind negotiating session, Capitol Hill Republicans have agreed on a tax package. They’ve taken this from the Senate version and that from the House version, and it looks as if it’s going to become law.

But it doesn’t add up, and the American people know it. The bill is wildly unpopular: Approval for it languishes around 30 percent in polls. In fact, it’s the most disliked piece of major domestic legislation of the past quarter-century — most disliked, that is, except for the Obamacare repeal undertaken this past summer by this same Congress. That effort, which failed only because of Senator John McCain’s dramatic 1 a.m. thumbs down, was polling at 23 percent.

On what basis do I assert that these two bills are the most unpopular pieces of major domestic legislation of the past quarter-century? On the results of research conducted by Chris Warshaw, a political scientist at George Washington University who specializes in studying the link between public opinion and political outcomes — whether the government is doing what its citizens want it to do.

It struck him, Professor Warshaw explained to me recently, that the Republicans of this 115th Congress had spent the entire year trying to pass two enormously unpopular acts. He got curious about whether any party had tried something like that before in recent history. He examined 15 pieces of major domestic legislation going back to 1990 and studied 17 polling firms’ approval ratings for those bills when they were being voted on.

After crunching the numbers, he found that the tax bill and the Obamacare repeal effort were at the bottom on the list in popularity, ranked 14th and 15th. But here’s what was even more interesting: Of the 15 bills, nine had an approval rating above 50 percent at the time they passed or failed. And of those nine, eight pursued what could broadly be defined as liberal goals, like gun control and environmental protection.

At the top of the heap was the so-called Brady bill, which mandated background checks and waiting periods on gun purchases, and which President Bill Clinton signed into law in 1993. It polled at 85.7 percent. And by the way, most Republicans in both houses voted against this bill, which was backed by seven out of eight adult Americans — 28 to 16 in the Senate and 119 to 54 in the House.

The next most popular was the minimum-wage increase of 2007, which checked in at 83.5 percent. That passed easily, and with substantial bipartisan support in the Senate, because apparently if a Republican president proposes doing a decent thing for poor people, it’s all right. But even that logic didn’t obtain in the House, where Republicans voted against it 116 to 82.

Checking in third at 77.7 percent was the 1994 assault weapons ban. Of course, Republicans opposed this popular piece of legislation too, and again by large margins. And as you’ll probably recall, a 2013 attempt to pass a new ban after the murder of 20 children at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut, five years ago Thursday, was also enormously popular — and also opposed by Republicans.

Next up, at 77.5 percent, were the Clean Air Act amendments of 1990. These votes were different from the first three, since they occurred before the Republican Party took up residence in its own parallel universe. So these amendments sailed through both houses. Even the lone Republican in the Georgia House delegation then, Newt Gingrich, voted yea.

Only one bill that we can fairly call conservative, the Bush tax cuts of 2001, polled above 50 percent at time of passage (56.6 percent). Every other popular bill was liberal. And virtually all of them were opposed by Republicans.

Conservatives might complain that Professor Warshaw excluded two big George W. Bush-era bills — the Medicare prescription drug expansion and the No Child Left Behind law. Professor Warshaw told me he didn’t find enough reliable polling to include them, and in my own examination of the data I found that including them wouldn’t have changed much. The Medicare expansion was popular among older people but unpopular with Americans overall. No Child Left Behind was reasonably popular when passed in 2001, but its support declined every year as parents and teachers saw its punitive impact.

The Democrats had a couple of clunkers in there. The Clinton health care bill averaged 40 percent support, and Obamacare 43.3 percent. But now, the public favors Obamacare by around 50 percent to 40 percent — and of course the effort to repeal it was as popular as a root canal.

So there you have it. In 27 years, Republicans have passed one popular conservative law and spent most of that time voting against things that clear majorities of Americans wanted. If they weren’t serving Americans, whom were they serving? And how have they gotten away with it?

The answers to both questions, alas, are depressingly familiar. They are serving their megarich donors and the most extreme elements of their base. And they get away with it because of the way they’ve gerrymandered House districts, because of an ideological right-wing media that obfuscates facts and because the one thing they’ve done astonishingly well is to make a big chunk of the country hate liberals.

Well, the country doesn’t hate liberal policies, as Professor Warshaw’s research shows. But until something big changes, it can’t get them.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, the country doesn’t hate liberal policies, as Professor Warshaw’s research shows.
What a bunch of BS!...if were true HRC would be Prez. today.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
What a bunch of BS!...if were true HRC would be Prez. today.

If you actually read the article (and not just the bolded sections) you clearly did not comprehend it.

And if you think that in 2016 people voted based on policies (a year when policies got less than 1 hour of cumulative coverage), what, of Trump’s policies, were they for? Repeal of the ACA — in your dotage did you forget the protests against doing this? Only 28% wanted the ACA repealed. This tax bill? Only 38% want this — and when the TEMPORARY cuts on individual rates and increased standard deduction and tax credits go away in 8 years (Republicans don’t have the balls to pay for it now; they push the issue for later) and the cuts in Social Security and Medicare automatically kick in sooner than that (you do realize there is this provision, right?) — people are going to howl.

So, you’re calling BS. I think you’re full of it.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All the anti-Trumpers here might vote for Trump in 2020...:silenced:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You mean, he'll be a dictator, the only candidate on the ticket, and we shall have no choice but...?

;-)
The only thing that can stop Trump from being re-elected in 2020 is a total collapse of our economy within the next 3 yrs.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or if he decides not to stand, presumably!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol @ Express Employment bonuses and some of the others. $2k bonuses to 200 non-execs is bullshit. Their sales staff is worked to the bone full time dealing with the dregs of society and they are not paid well but bonus all the time IF they get x amount of placements in a week as a team. They’re all under 25, and they’ll take their bonus money and blow it on X Boxes and nights at the club. Their take home is under $30k here. This trickle down stuff is for the birds. It’s unsustainable. $10 an hour to work at Walmart? That’s barely a living wage IF they’re given 40+ hours where I live. Idk why you think this is so great, DF. It may boost the Econ a bit for now, but we’re due for a burst. I remember getting George W’s $300 bonus. That was awesome for a 23 year old and whoopee fun times for a minute. And then 9/11 happened. And then the beginning of the end. And you were sitting here on PS back then in 2004/5/6 telling everyone how the market bubble was going to burst and it did. So what makes you think that this time will be different? This plan never works for long term helping anyone but the corporations and very wealthy. Sheesh.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mon
I don't understand you Dems...:confused2: Don't you wanna see a raise for the everyday hard working americans? The negative side of this news is that we'll see inflation hitting us in the face soon.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And you were sitting here on PS back then in 2004/5/6 telling everyone how the market bubble was going to burst and it did. So what makes you think that this time will be different? This plan never works for long term helping anyone but the corporations and very wealthy. Sheesh.
This time will be different b/c as interest rates go up (which it will) the stock market will crash and the housing bubble will burst again. Commodity inflation will hit us soon it is part of the econ cycle. Oil, gold and silver, etc will rise for the next 2 yrs.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sounds fun. o_O

I do want your opinion on something. The housing where I live is overpriced compd to other areas farther away from IU. I want to buy a house in the next couple years but don’t want to go through the same thing I did in ‘08. Bought a home in ‘04 and ended up upside down on that mortgage. What should I be watching for?

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope you don’t mind me weighing in Mon.
The value closer into IU will always exceed the farther out properties (because of the proximity to unique shopping, restaurants, bars, etc.)
The bigger issue is how much you finance. Obviously the bigger your down payment the less likely you are to go under water when the next bubble bursts. Think of real estate as a long term investment. Real estate runs in cycles up and down. The secret is to not over borrow so that you can wait out the next down cycle without being forced to sell. Don’t borrow the maximum of what you are qualified for, borrow less. Staying in the more desirable location (IU) has much better appreciation in the up cycle.
Good luck. ;)2

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In addition to Sam's Club closings, remember those Carrier jobs the dotard "saved"? And the employees feel "betrayed". Boo hoo. What did they think the so-called coastal liberal elites were doing when they opposed the dotard? Just fvcking with them for sport? Perhaps they should all go stand in line for the coal mining jobs....

Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 1.34.06 PM.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results