Hope the President does a good job for USA

E B

Ideal_Rock
Hoooooo boy.

Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 5.51.27 PM.png

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Bonfire!!! Now I need a solid prediction from @Dancingfire for when the bubble will burst next.

Also @dancingfire 419 Sam's Club employees were abruptly jobless today when dozens of stores were suddenly closed with no warning. Thanks for that big ol' raise, Walmart!

Last edited:

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @Bonfire!!! Now I need a solid prediction from @Dancingfire for when the bubble will burst next.

If he can predict that, then he would have made a fortune many times over.

If we're talking real estate, location, location, location is still key. Real estate in a desirable location will have more resistance to price drop and will rebound faster if there is a price drop.

If we're talking about the stock market, as DF said, commodities tend to lag all others in a bull market. So oil, mining, etc..., go up near the end of the bull run. Commodity stocks are cheap compared to other categories.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bubble will start to deflate after first four 25 basis points rise hits the market, then when we hit 150 basis points rise = 1.5% rise from today's interest rate the party will be over. IMO, Daughter #2 paid too much for her house last yr, but what can I say? she had a baby coming and they needed a place to live.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never seen more love for Trump than in this last month. (Remember, I did not vote for him). They are saying things like: thank for god for Trump, God Bless Trump, finally we have a businessman who is good for business.

Nobody cares about the stupid things he says. They look at it as they didn't want a politician so they know he isn't polished in public speaking, The laid off oilfield workers are either going back to work or looking forward to going back to work, people are happier about their spending. Owners of companies are relieved. These are the conversations I have been hearing, overhearing at weddings, seeing posted on Facebook.

I realize none of this is official or double blinded study, etc, but the love and support for Trump, in my opnion, has only grown since the election.

He is even more popular now. His base is energized and optimistic.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
His base is also feeling truly represented when they feel as though he really "gets them." In other words, when he calls other countries (places where black and brown people live) "shitholes," they seem overjoyed because that's exactly the type of language and sentiment they share. So gross.

ABKIS

Shiny_Rock
Premium
His base is also feeling truly represented when they feel as though he really "gets them." In other words, when he calls other countries (places where black and brown people live) "shitholes," they seem overjoyed because that's exactly the type of language and sentiment they share. So gross.

Agree 110%

How anyone can still defend this racist president of ours is beyond my understanding. What else does he need to say before congress calls to impeach?? :confused: The lack of response/retaliation is unreal.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He does have a strategy; to artificially pump up the economy with tax cuts and concessions and deregulations for corporations, to keep the stock market up. Trump (and republicans) are just crossing their fingers it doesn't implode before they get their agenda pushed through. We are all going to have some hang over when this is over (both politically and economically). I call this period of US history "the big grab".

And if you ask me when the market downturn will be, I have no clue! I guess that's what makes it exciting.

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Dems. can
blah.gif
all they want, but unless our economy falls off the cliff by 2020 Trump will be re-elected. Remember that any good news on the U.S. economy is bad news for Dems.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another sad day for America. I can’t believe I’m watching Republican political news commentators defending Trump on his comments today. :angryfire:
You can’t believe it? The party that invented covert racism???

They’re just sick of pretending and want to be out in the open...obviously. Look at their shithole president!

t-c

Brilliant_Rock

Yeah, but were you confident enough to put your money where your mouth is?

I know another person who sold all his stocks before the crash and parked his money in gold while he figured out what to do. He made a killing during the recession.

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was reported Trump paid a **** star $130,000 to keep her from telling the press they had sex in 2006 (he was married to Melania at the time). I had to laugh because this seemed like nothing compared to everything else he has done in the past year.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My friends asked me the same Q...why don't you sell your house now if you think is too high? I gave them the same answer back then as today.

If I had another house I can moved into I would sell mine, but I don't. It cost me less to live in my 2500 sq ft house today than move into a 800 sq ft. apartment.

Last edited:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can’t believe it? The party that invented covert racism???

They’re just sick of pretending and want to be out in the open...obviously. Look at their shithole president!

That's exactly it he has so much support because there are all these so called alienated white working class men and women and some middle class ones as well that pretty well hate and blame everyone else in society for everything that has ever gone wrong with them. They don't see Trump as an unbalanced racist, sexist pig they see him as the holy saviour of their own repressed racism, hatred against women, hatred towards the LGBT community, hatred and fear of political correctness and so on.....

As someone who lives outside of America this fear of everyone which then leads to a fear of each other brought in part about due to terrorism is a dangerously sad thing. Voting in Trump as your leader and then tolerating all of his s@#* to the rest of the world is an endorsement that something in the US and perhaps in the rest of the world too is very very broken.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
My friends asked me the same Q...why don't you sell your house now if you think is too high? I gave them the same answer back then as today.

If I had another house I can moved into I would sell mine, but I don't. It cost me less to live in my 2500 sq ft house today than move into a 800 sq ft. apartment.

Then, uh, that would be a no. You “predicted” the housing crash, but did not believe enough in your “prediction” to put money on it. :roll2:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Then, uh, that would be a no. You “predicted” the housing crash, but did not believe enough in your “prediction” to put money on it. :roll2:
So because DF didn’t sell his home before the bubble burst negates his prediction in your mind? Or makes it less credible? Seriously? Or are you trying to throw sh*@ to see if it sticks :lol:

Last edited:

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
So because DF didn’t sell his home before the bubble burst negates his prediction in your mind? Or makes it less credible? Seriously? Or are you trying to throw sh*@ to see if it sticks :lol:

I asked if he put money behind his prediction. He could have said he sold a bunch of stock because he predicted the crash. I didn't require him to sell his house. But, yeah, because he made one pronouncement that he didn't have enough confidence to act on himself, that makes him less credible in my eyes. You can have your own opinion, of course.

If you knew your financial adviser puts all his money in a mattress, are you going to have confidence in his advice?

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I asked if he put money behind his prediction. He could have said he sold a bunch of stock because he predicted the crash. I didn't require him to sell his house. But, yeah, because he made one pronouncement that he didn't have enough confidence to act on himself, that makes him less credible in my eyes. You can have your own opinion, of course.

If you knew your financial adviser puts all his money in a mattress, are you going to have confidence in his advice?
Of course t-c we all have our opinions. However, he did answer your question with a sound economic reason. No matter. Regarding your last question? I don’t give much credit to most financial advisors :confused2:;)2

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
Of course t-c we all have our opinions. However, he did answer your question with a sound economic reason. No matter. Regarding your last question? I don’t give much credit to most financial advisors :confused2:;)2

What's the sound economic reason? The one below?
The bubble will start to deflate after first four 25 basis points rise hits the market, then when we hit 150 basis points rise = 1.5% rise from today's interest rate the party will be over.

That looks like prediction to me. Sound economic reason would include why the bubble would deflate with specifically this much increase in interest rate. What's the mechanism behind it? And if he knows for sure, why not bet on this knowledge?

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I was referring to this response to the question you posed to him. It makes total sense. You can’t attack his position. Cashing in on his home is what you wanted him to act on, and because he didn’t you are calling him out. It doesn’t change his prediction. Of course, you can choose to accept someone’s opinions or not, but let’s be fair.

Last edited:

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
I was referring to this response to the question you posed to him. It makes total sense. You can’t attack his position. Cashing in on his home is what you wanted him to act on, and because he didn’t you are calling him out. It doesn’t change his prediction. Of course, you can choose to accept someone’s opinions or not, but let’s be fair.

Notice what my question was and my example. Nothing there specified selling a house, is there? That was how @Dancing Fire chose to respond.

I know another person who sold all his stocks before the crash and parked his money in gold while he figured out what to do. He made a killing during the recession.

My questiong remains the same: did he put his money where his mouth is? I can predict a downturn too. I can say one is going to happen in the future; what's the difference between what DF said and what I just posted? Anyone can predict a downturn. The real trick is predicting when and acting on it. So I was asking whether he acted on it.

If anyone can have an opinion, why do you have such a problem with mine?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait, what? So DF is less credible because he didn’t sell his house and what, move somewhere else away from his family to make money off the economic downturn? He just explained if he’d had another home to move into besides a comparable 800 sq foot apt he would have. It didn’t make sense for him to sell and move into something smaller just for financial gain. What is wrong with that? Back in 2005 he was predicting the bubble burst because a lot of first time homebuyers were talking about getting into 100% financed homes or putting very little money down and potentially biting off more than they could chew. His advice was to avoid that lest the buyer end up upside down on the mortgage or lose a job and not be able to pay the mortgage period. That happened. Now he’s predicting another downturn and I don’t see what’s wrong with using his knowledge/opinions to factor into my decisions. Good grief, when I was 19 I was giving my dad stock tips on what were emerging brands and he was buying (and made a shit ton of money) based on my suggestions. I wasn’t purchasing stock. I was just up on what was happening and he took advantage of it. Did it make me less credible because I wasn’t buying the stocks I was recommending? I don’t think so.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results