shape
carat
color
clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The left might want to rethink their tactics because many people are getting very tired of this vitriol.
And the Dems. are wondering why they're losing seats in Congress.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just as I thought you don't approve of any GOP Prez. since you were born.
Since I've been eligible to vote, there haven't been too many on either side that I really really liked. The Republicans are Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush & Bush Jr & Trump. Reagan was ok until his dementia became evident. The elder Bush was, imo, underrated. Ford was great for some laughs. The others, meh.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since I've been eligible to vote, there haven't been too many on either side that I really really liked. The Republicans are Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush & Bush Jr & Trump. Reagan was ok until his dementia became evident. The elder Bush was, imo, underrated. Ford was great for some laughs. The others, meh.

I don't "like" politicians in general. They are necessary but prone to corruption on all sides.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL if I didn't know better I'd think the old "jealous haters" tactic was brought into this tonight! Hahahahahahahaaaaaaaa

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL if I didn't know better I'd think the old "jealous haters" tactic was brought into this tonight! Hahahahahahahaaaaaaaa

What is that? And did I do it? Should I be ashamed?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL if I didn't know better I'd think the old "jealous haters" tactic was brought into this tonight!
I think we poor maligned white privileged elite libtards are incapable of parsing out such subtlety.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think we poor maligned white privileged elite libtards are incapable of parsing out such subtlety.

And to think I came back so you could have someone other than DF to mash on. LOL. Maybe I missed you just a tad. I am being serious now.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only idiots here are the ones hoping Trump will fail as Prez.

The left might want to rethink their tactics because many people are getting very tired of this vitriol.

Sorry, not nearly as tried as we are of having this sorry excuse for a president.

Red, This month alone there have been far too many examples of what Trumps character is. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say Trump is disgusting. Any person who can look at a group of white supremacists and say some are fine people is one sick person. I'm worried Tillerson and Mattis are going to bail. They both seem disgusted by his comments as they try to deal with North Korea. There have been examples where you can see their true feeling on their faces and their words don't sugar coat. I'm not sure if they show this footage on Fox News.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe I missed you just a tad. I am being serious now.
You are a glutton for punishment as well as a hopeless hopeful. I can't be serious now. I have had a surfeit of serious these past few weeks and I am starving for hilarity. I will shortly self-soothe with a pint of Hagen Das.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No one is bashing Pricescopers. Speaking facts is not bashing someone.
@Dancing Fire can dish it out as well. I certainly don't think he is mashing me.

I'm sorry things have been tough @Matata.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, not nearly as tried as we are of having this sorry excuse for a president.

Red, This month alone there have been far too many examples of what Trumps character is. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say Trump is disgusting. Any person who can look at a group of white supremacists and say some are fine people is one sick person. I'm worried Tillerson and Mattis are going to bail. They both seem disgusted by his comments as they try to deal with North Korea. There have been examples where you can see their true feeling on their faces and their words don't sugar coat. I'm not sure if they show this footage on Fox News.

Callie I can sympathize with your feelings. But I do not have to agree with you or anyone else lock stock and barrel on all things. What is the Fox News comment about? Snark?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And to think I came back so you could have someone other than DF to mash on.
I rarely engage with DF. I'm quite proud of my restraint in that I nearly bit my tongue in half (metaphorically) by not telling him to insert his thumb in his bum and go for a slow spin. I think I deserve a prize for that. :mrgreen2:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red, No, I am assuming we aren't listening to the same news stations. I've watched Fox numerous times to see what they are saying about certain subjects and often they aren't mentioned for more than 30 seconds.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry things have been tough @Matata.
Thanks Callie. All my family in Houston affected by Harvey, out of control forest fires here with loss of homes of people I know, breathing unhealthy smoke-filled air for nearly 8 wks is taking a toll on a lot of peoples' health including my own, death of friends, death of friends' pets...we all could use a break.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire can dish it out as well. I certainly don't think he is mashing me.
I have try but no success...
boxinggy2.gif
wahh.gif

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are a glutton for punishment as well as a hopeless hopeful. I can't be serious now. I have had a surfeit of serious these past few weeks and I am starving for hilarity. I will shortly self-soothe with a pint of Hagen Das.

Yes I am obviously. I hope you have a better time in the coming days. You can pick on me a bit if it makes you feel better.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Callie. All my family in Houston affected by Harvey, out of control forest fires here with loss of homes of people I know, breathing unhealthy smoke-filled air for nearly 8 wks is taking a toll on a lot of peoples' health including my own, death of friends, death of friends' pets...we all could use a break.
The worst is over now. Hoping for a speedy recovery in the Houston area.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I rarely engage with DF. I'm quite proud of my restraint in that I nearly bit my tongue in half (metaphorically) by not telling him to insert his thumb in his bum and go for a slow spin. I think I deserve a prize for that. :mrgreen2:
Please do if it will make you feel better!...:P2. I am a big boy I can take it..:praise:

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
Well, it seems the threat of "fire and fury" hasn't done much to slow down North Korea's development of nuclear missiles.

I wonder what the strategy is with embarrassing China and blaming South Korea? And, of course, holding the dissolution of the Korus trade deal over South Korea's head at the same time. If Trump wants to minimize US' and maximize China's influence in Asia, he couldn't have come up with a better plan.

See Politico's article on the beginning effects of the TPP withdrawal (which I believe was discussed earlier in this thread), and even more important, how other countries are moving in to take advantage of it.
Trump’s Trade Pullout Roils Rural America

E B

Ideal_Rock
I saw this on Twitter yesterday and thought I'd share it here. It really explains so much not just about Trump's decision making, but his continued rabid support among his "not racist, but if it gets us tax cuts..." base.

IMG_2818.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
(There are a few discrepancies, but those three categories seem to be his/base's driving forces.)

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reactions: E B

E B

Ideal_Rock
Ah but don't forget this angle. Self-fullfilling persecution complex.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/05/donald-trump-why-do-evangelicals-support-him

Very true. I saw these poll results the other week and though I wasn't surprised, I was still blown away (if that makes sense).

PPP's newest national poll finds that Donald Trump's approval rating is pretty steady in the wake of the Charlottesville attack, probably because his supporters think that whites and Christians are the most oppressed groups of people in the country. 40% of voters approve of the job Trump is doing to 53% who disapprove, little change from the 41/55 spread we found for him in July.

The reason Trump hasn't lost more ground for his widely panned response to the attack is probably that many of his supporters agree with some of the beliefs that led white supremacists to rally in Charlottesville in the first place. A
sked what racial group they think faces the most discrimination in America, 45% of Trump voters say it's white people followed by 17% for Native Americans with 16% picking African Americans, and 5% picking Latinos. Asked what religious group they think faces the most discrimination in America, 54% of Trump voters says it's Christians followed by 22% for Muslims and 12% for Jews. There is a mindset among many Trump voters that it's whites and Christians getting trampled on in America that makes it unlikely they would abandon Trump over his 'both sides' rhetoric.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2017/08/trump-holds-steady-after-charlottesville-supporters-think-whites-christians-face-discrimination.html

Absolutely bananas.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Given how I was raised in Oklahoma, you'd think I'd have lost my ability to be dismayed by the hypocrisy of many evangelicals. The level of the ends justify the means on display this time has been truly breathtaking.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have try but no success...
boxinggy2.gif
wahh.gif

The Australian Government is about to announce that all Australian citizens should leave South Korea and Japan, and Australians thinking of going there should not. If you still think it's not a real threat DF, or it's exactly the same as the last 30 years, I'd suggest the s@*+ with North Korean is becoming more real by the day. Even before Trump got elected I predicted that if he became president his lack of diplomacy could result unnecessarily in the "fire and fury" he tweeted about in my part of the world.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry Arkieb that our country put a flipping lunatic in charge. North Korea has been a problem for years but the toxic tangerine has flamed the fires to a much greater extent. No one wins in a situation like this and we unfortunately have republicans who are continuing to let this ass do whatever he wants. I'm fearful Mattis and Tillerson are going to get fed up and leave. They try to calm things down and d&$head gets on Twitter and threatens some more. As you can see we have 1/2 country with their heads up their a$$. I'm also afraid this could easily spin out of control.

Now watch the republicans come here and tell me I'm worrying for nothing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results