clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Australian Government is about to announce that all Australian citizens should leave South Korea and Japan, and Australians thinking of going there should not. If you still think it's not a real threat DF, or it's exactly the same as the last 30 years, I'd suggest the s@*+ with North Korean is becoming more real by the day. Even before Trump got elected I predicted that if he became president his lack of diplomacy could result unnecessarily in the "fire and fury" he tweeted about in my part of the world.
I'm not saying I'm for war. N.K. don't wanna talk diplomacy and try to solve the tension and they don't give a S**T about sanctions.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry Arkieb that our country put a flipping lunatic in charge. North Korea has been a problem for years but the toxic tangerine has flamed the fires to a much greater extent. No one wins in a situation like this and we unfortunately have republicans who are continuing to let this ass do whatever he wants. I'm fearful Mattis and Tillerson are going to get fed up and leave. They try to calm things down and d&$head gets on Twitter and threatens some more. As you can see we have 1/2 country with their heads up their a$$. I'm also afraid this could easily spin out of control.

Now watch the republicans come here and tell me I'm worrying for nothing.

I would not presume to tell you anything nor call you names, nor say you have a cranial rectal inversion LOL. Opinions are what we all have, that's it. One can agree with them or not. :wavey:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stop saying this. No one has any power over anyone else here.
Oh but we do!!

Before you know it, you could be sitting in a safe room while hugging a millennial and looking for boyfriends on tinder!

Don't get our cooties Red! I feel the strong need to hug you already!!!! You've... been... gone... so... long.... ((((((((((((Red))))))))))))

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh but we do!!

Before you know it, you could be sitting in a safe room while hugging a millennial and looking for boyfriends on tinder!

Don't get our cooties Red! I feel the strong need to hug you already!!!! You've... been... gone... so... long.... ((((((((((((Red))))))))))))

:lol: What's tinder precious?

(((((((HouseCat))))))))

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok so I googled it and a pic came up of a woman stuck in a window and she was trying to retrieve her own poop according to the caption. Dating app I see.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am soooo lost. That doesn't usually happen to me in political threads!

Deb

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not saying I'm for war. N.K. don't wanna talk diplomacy and try to solve the tension and they don't give a S**T about sanctions.

In the other post DF you state that this is the same tension that has been going on for decades with North Korea, I disagree, you have one leader that has killed all of his family members to maintain control, and another leader of your country that could have de-escalated the situation on a number of occasions, instead, he has contributed to ongoing tensions, therefore provoking the situation.

I can only assume that because Australians are being asked to leave South Korea and Japan that our government expects the situation to get a whole lot worse in the next few weeks.

And you thought I was overestimating how bad the situation is DF, I think you are greatly underestimating it.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok so I googled it and a pic came up of a woman stuck in a window and she was trying to retrieve her own poop according to the caption. Dating app I see.

I am soooo lost. That doesn't usually happen to me in political threads!

Deb

I think someone stuck in a windows trying to retrieve their own poop is a pretty accurate metaphor for our current political situation Deb (although Red was apparently referencing an add for a dating app).

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed, tensions have certainly ratcheted up. Past administrations have in large part been unable to rein in Kim. Their nuclear capabilities have grown to where it is today because sanctions haven't prevented it. Kim would be testing his nuclear warheads no matter who is in the White House, you can be sure. That said, Trump has provocatively and bumblingly amped up the tension.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@arkieb1 you keep forgetting that according to half of the country we aren't supposed believe anything the president says or does because well "you know he didn't mean it". Of course Trump has escalated tensions. It is the only thing he has successfully done since he took office.

On a completely different subject CNN is reporting that the White House plans to review and overturn Obama Era guidance on campus sexual assault that critics see as unfair toward the accused. This president only looks out for white males. I'm sure Anna will come back here to tell me we have to look out for ALL the poor men who are accused unjustly.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sure Anna will come back here to tell me we have to look out for ALL the poor men who are accused unjustly.
And Ruby would tell us how victims' provocative dress and actions contribute to their assaults.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can't help yourselves can you? You must poke with sharp pointy sticks.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And Ruby would tell us how victims' provocative dress and actions contribute to their assaults.

Anyone else been reading (or hearing) about the troll farm in Russia lately? The first I heard of such a thing was when Ruby was discussed here one day, but now it is being discussed on MSNBC due to the admission by Facebook that it published ads for Russian entities during the presidential campaign. I am always taken aback by what I hear on the news. It is amazing that I have the capacity for shock anymore.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can't help yourselves can you? You must poke with sharp pointy sticks.
Logical fallacy. They said what they said. Their words had an impact here, obviously, since they are remembered by more than a few of us.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an excerpt from an article in, "The Washington Post".

"Representatives of Facebook told congressional investigators Wednesday that the social network has discovered that it sold ads during the U.S. presidential campaign to a shadowy Russian company seeking to target voters, according to several people familiar with the company’s findings.

Facebook officials reported that they traced the ad sales, totaling $100,000, to a Russian 'troll farm' with a history of pushing pro-Kremlin propaganda, these people said.

A small portion of the ads, which began in the summer of 2015, directly named Republican nominee Donald Trump and Democrat Hillary Clinton, the people said, although they declined to say which candidate the ads favored.

Most of the ads, according to a blog post published late Wednesday by Facebook’s chief security officer, Alex Stamos, 'appeared to focus on amplifying divisive social and political messages across the ideological spectrum — touching on topics from LGBT matters to race issues to immigration to gun rights.'

The acknowledgment by Facebook comes as congressional investigators and special counsel Robert S. Mueller III are probing Russian interference in the U.S. election, including allegations that the Kremlin may have coordinated with the Trump campaign.

The U.S. intelligence community concluded in January that Russia had interfered in the U.S. election to help elect Trump, including by using paid social media trolls to spread fake news intended to influence public opinion.

Even though the ad spending from Russia is tiny relative to overall campaign costs, the report from Facebook that a Russian firm was able to target political messages is likely to fuel pointed questions from investigators about whether the Russians received guidance from people in the United States — a question some Democrats have been asking for months.

Facebook reported in its blog post Wednesday that about one-quarter of the ads in question were 'geographically targeted,' although company officials declined to provide specifics about what areas or demographic groups were the recipients. Of those targeted ads, the company said, more ran in 2015 than 2016.

Rep. Adam B. Schiff (Calif.), the senior Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, said Wednesday that the disclosure by Facebook confirmed one of the ways Russia sought to interfere in U.S. politics and serves as a 'profound warning to us and others about future elections.'

'This is a very significant set of data points produced by Facebook,' Schiff said, adding: 'Left unanswered in what we received from Facebook — because it is beyond the scope of what they are able to determine — is whether there was any coordination between these social media trolls and the campaign. We have to get to the bottom of that.'
The House panel, whose staff investigators heard briefly from Facebook representatives behind closed doors Wednesday, will follow up with Facebook and other social media companies and platforms to see 'to what degree they are able to confirm similar metrics,' Schiff said.

An official familiar with Facebook’s internal investigation said the company does not have the ability to determine whether the ads it sold represented any sort of coordination.

The acknowledgment by Facebook follows months of criticism that the social media company served as a platform for the spread of false information before the November election. In a statement posted days after the election, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg promised to explore the issue but said that 99 percent of information found on Facebook is authentic and only 'a very small amount' is fake or hoaxes. In December, however, the company announced that it would begin flagging articles that had been deemed false or fake, with the assistance of fact-checking organizations.

Facebook discovered the Russian connection as part of an investigation that began this spring looking at purchasers of politically motivated ads, according to people familiar with the inquiry. It found that 3,300 ads had digital footprints that led to the Russian company.

Facebook teams then discovered 470 suspicious and likely fraudulent Facebook accounts and pages that it believes operated out of Russia, had links to the company and were involved in promoting the ads.

A Facebook official said 'there is evidence that some of the accounts are linked to a troll farm in St. Petersburg, referred to as the Internet Research Agency, though we have no way to independently confirm.' The official declined to release any of the ads it traced to Russian companies or entities.

'Our data policy and federal law limit our ability to share user data and content, so we won’t be releasing any ads,' the official said. The official added that the ads 'were directed at people on Facebook who had expressed interest in subjects explored on those pages, such as LGBT community, black social issues, the Second Amendment and immigration.'

Clint Watts, a former FBI agent who has studied Russian online influence campaigns, said Wednesday that Facebook’s report served as 'validation' for findings by him and his researchers, who he said had spotted what they believed to be Russians posing as Americans to press political messages on Facebook as early as 2015.

He said his analysis showed that Facebook ads in 2015 were largely concerned with divisive social messages and were used to identify other Facebook users most susceptible to messaging. Those users were then targeted with election-oriented ads in 2016, he said.

'We had these suspicions, but we could never see who was purchasing the accounts,' said Watts, a senior fellow at the Foreign Policy Research Institute.'Facebook’s being brave. They probably could have buried this, and they did the right thing by coming forward.'"

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Logical fallacy. They said what they said. Their words had an impact here, obviously, since they are remembered by more than a few of us.

Whoop dee do. Many people's words are remembered. Why would anyone want to have anything to do with a prison guard anyway?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoop dee do. Many people's words are remembered. Why would anyone want to have anything to do with a prison guard anyway?
A tad bitter are you? Sarcasm suits you. My forte is satire.

Edited to add: I prefer poking people with my broomstick.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A tad bitter are you? Sarcasm suits you. My forte is satire.

Edited to add: I prefer poking people with my broomstick.

I should just learn to leave it alone. Perhaps it is your intent to poke? If so then that is SAD! :D

No not bitter. Those people hold no place in my thoughts. Just pointing out hypocrisy because it is different when the person is in your corner I guess.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And you thought I was overestimating how bad the situation is DF, I think you are greatly underestimating it.
ark
Sadly, There are no easy solutions with N.K...What would you suggest to the world leaders ?

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am so sorry you read those words, red. You are made of sterner stuff than I am (by far). I would have wept for days had anyone said that about me. The poster who said it is one with whom I generally agree on issues, but I was right on the scene when it occurred and I tried to get that comment taken back (and she tried to take it back) before you saw it. It would have broken my heart to see what you did. I am crying now. You are loved here.

Hugs,
(((red)))
Deb

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry you read those words, red. You are made of sterner stuff than I am (by far). I would have wept for days had anyone said that about me. The poster who said it is one with whom I generally agree on issues, but I was right on the scene when it occurred and I tried to get that comment taken back (and she tried to take it back) before you saw it. It would have broken my heart to see what you did. I am crying now. You are loved here.

Hugs,
(((red)))

Deb

Deb there is no reason for you to feel bad at all and maybe I shouldn't have brought it up but M was discussing comments remembered by other posters with whom they disagree. I feel that many posters here are very nice people and outside of differing political viewpoints are just like anyone else. If someone decides that a person is not worthy of common courtesy solely based on political views then we truly are going down hill as a society and maybe there is no hope. You are a dear and I love your kind spirit.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I should just learn to leave it alone. Perhaps it is your intent to poke? If so then that is SAD! :D

No not bitter. Those people hold no place in my thoughts. Just pointing out hypocrisy because it is different when the person is in your corner I guess.

And speaking of hypocrites, I remember the person in this discussion who posted pics of people wearing pro-lynching t-shirts, a non sequitur to the thread, and coyly responded with "What????Why can't I post this pic?"

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 , You know she tried to delete the thread immediately and I'm sure you know she felt badly for writing it. If she didn't, she would never haven tried to delete the thread immediately. We have all said something at some point (when angry) we wish we didn't. If I am remembering correctly, you also responded in a way much differently than you would normally respond as well.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 , You know she tried to delete the thread immediately and I'm sure you know she felt badly for writing it. If she didn't, she would never haven tried to delete the thread immediately. We have all said something at some point (when angry) we wish we didn't. If I am remembering correctly, you also responded in a way much differently than you would normally respond as well.

No I do not believe that at all with her having doubled down recently on those very comments. No matter any longer and yes we all have said things in the heat of a conversation and my reply was not nice. Differing opinions are one thing but personal attacks are uncalled for.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just pointing out hypocrisy because it is different when the person is in your corner I guess.
You guessed wrong. What I mentioned about Ruby above is not hypocritical -- it was accurate. It is not a poke; it is a fact. I'll call out anything or anyone that I feel is being obtuse and factually inaccurate. You're making a mountain out of nothing.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guessed wrong. What I mentioned about Ruby above is not hypocritical -- it was accurate. It is not a poke; it is a fact. I'll call out anything or anyone that I feel is being obtuse and factually inaccurate. You're making a mountain out of nothing.

And I will call out if I think someone is being an ahole. Which you can be, loaded with snark all under the guise of factually accurate dissemination of your wisdom. You just get away with it here.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I will call out if I think someone is being an ahole. Which you can be, loaded with snark all under the guise of factually accurate dissemination of your wisdom. You just get away with it here.
Back at ya Red. All the mirrors in your house must be draped in black.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results