carat
color
clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, you know...

:eek2: BILL CLINTON HARASSED WOMEN! OBAMA DIDN'T GO AFTER THE RUSSIANS! THE ECONOMY IS STRONG; WHY WON'T YOU TALK ABOUT THAT INSTEAD??
You forgot about all those fake Strzok-Page texts.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The problem is very few reported rapes result in a conviction. It’s acceptable to almost half the country that the President has committed sexual assault. He is on tape admitting it and still got voted into office.
Do you really wonder why more women do not report rape?
What would you like to happen instead? No trials? Since I am so ignorant tell me how it should go.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 , Kavanaugh was 18 years old, 35 years ago. It was worse then than it is now for a woman reporting a rape.

You are being ignorant. You have no idea what a woman who has been raped goes thru. You have made comments about yourself when you were a younger person. Do you not think every detail of your life would have been brought up in court? Do you think you would have had the courage to report a rape when you were young? The world was very different back in 1983.
Then let's hear your alternative. I know it is hard but what else can be done? Belief with no proof and toss the accused in jail forever? That's not how it works.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 , Kavanaugh was 18 years old, 35 years ago. It was worse then than it is now for a woman reporting a rape.

You are being ignorant. You have no idea what a woman who has been raped goes thru. You have made comments about yourself when you were a younger person. Do you not think every detail of your life would have been brought up in court? Do you think you would have had the courage to report a rape when you were young? The world was very different back in 1983.
Why didn't Feinstein question Kavanaugh about it during his hearing?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never said it didn't happen or that it did. You asked and I asked back to you. Neither of us know anything.

At least own what you have said in this thread, red.

The discussion between us did not start with my asking and you asking a simple question, it started with you posting about how loathsome Dianne Feinstein was for daring to air the accusation of the woman who accused Kavanaugh of attempted rape. And when you did, you made this comment:

"Sixty five women who have known him 35 years say different."

It was only after you wrote that, that I asked you you how it wasn't true. Now you claim that neither of us know anything, but you sure were posting as if you knew something. You were posting as if those 65 women were had all informed you you of the truth.

As I said, at least own up to what you are really saying here.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At least own what you have said in this thread, red.

The discussion between us did not start with my asking and you asking a simple question, it started with you posting about how loathsome Dianne Feinstein was for daring to air the accusation of the woman who accused Kavanaugh of attempted rape. And when you did, you made this comment:

"Sixty five women who have known him 35 years say different."

It was only after you wrote that, that I asked you you how it wasn't true. Now you claim that neither of us know anything, but you sure were posting as if you knew something. You were posting as if those 65 women were had all informed you you of the truth.

As I said, at least own up to what you are really saying here.
Pardon my use of words Deb. I should know better with you. "They say they know a different person." How's that? Which is what I meant in the first place - they are character witnesses. Don't assume.

Feinstein is still playing disgusting politics.

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any anti Trump news is from an anonymous person. :lol:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any anti Trump news is from an anonymous person. :lol:

Maybe you should stick a sock into that gaping mouth in your yucking icon. Both Paul Manafort and Michael Cohen gave us all some anti-Trump news today...they are both cooperating with Mueller now...and they are not anonymous.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe you should stick a sock into that gaping mouth in your yucking icon. Both Paul Manafort and Michael Cohen gave us all some anti-Trump news today...they are both cooperating with Mueller now...and they are not anonymous.
No they're not. We're all sitting here waiting for something from Mueller about Trump.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No they're not. We're all sitting here waiting for something from Mueller about Trump.
Any minute now Mueller will charge Trump for eating Russian Caviar. Yup, There's your Russian collusion. :lol:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The problem is very few reported rapes result in a conviction. It’s acceptable to almost half the country that the President has committed sexual assault. He is on tape admitting it and still got voted into office.
Do you really wonder why more women do not report rape?

I agree with everything you've said on here, but don't think the age of the woman has anything to do with it

I never reported anything, and I don't regret it. I would have if things were different, or society were different, or if I hadn't been dating the person in question (for rape #1), or hadn't made out with the other person in question (for maybe-date-rape-but-still-can't-decide #2). MY OWN FAMILY told me (their initial reaction) that I had "consented" by going in a hot tub and kissing. So hmmm, I wonder how a trial would go?! yeah, no thanks. :hand:

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Food for thought.... the letter was presented and within 24 hours the republicans magically have a letter signed by 65 women from his high school saying he didnt and wouldnt rape them.

Who among us doesnt carry around a currently dated letter in our briefcases from 60 + high school buds that we didnt try to rape them for 35+ years , cause you never know when you need one....

OR

The republicans knew weeks or even months ago that this creep had been accused of trying to rape a minor when he was in high school...
they didnt know who it was
In an effort to unearth whoever she is they went back to girls he knew in high school and asked 65 of those high school peers to sign that he didnt corner them cover their mouth so they couldnt scream and try to rape them.

I posit that the 65 signatures were able to be collected on september 14th becuase the republicans/vetting people used it as a tactic to identify the original letter writer.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, let's not forget that he WAS asked during the hearings if he ever made unwanted sexual advances (or something similar). I don't remember who asked, but it did get brought up. I don't believe for 1 minute that the GOP didn't know about these allegations. They were prepared with that letter.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not that it matters but kavanaugh went to an all boys high school. So he probably knew fewer girls when he was 18 than someone in a school where 1/2 the population is female

He went to georgetown preparatory academy. It is a Catholic, Jesuit Day and Boarding School for Young Men, Grades 9 Through 12 .

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not that it matters but kavanaugh went to an all boys high school. So he probably knew fewer girls when he was 18 than someone in a school where 1/2 the population is female

He went to georgetown preparatory academy. It is a Catholic, Jesuit Day and Boarding School for Young Men, Grades 9 Through 12 .

Am I the only one who thinks this letter with the 65 signatures from women seems even stranger. One would think it would be harder to track down 65 women you knew when in high school if you attended an all boys school AND it was a boarding school. Of course the Republicans had this letter waiting in the event this allegation was revealed.

I’m so sorry about everything you went thru @lovedogs . People don’t realize how long those types of comments stay with a person and I think people often just say things without thinking. A friend made a comment that haunted me for months afterward. I’m glad I just ignored the comment with her. It can’t be easy hearing this has happened to someone you really care about and love.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
:lol:

Sorry DF, but it was funny. :bigsmile:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is entirely possible for Kavanaugh to have raped this woman, even if she didn’t report the incident and even if others weren’t also raped by him.

Red,
You are hurting a lot of feelings with your lack of sensitivity. Not sure if you’re aware...

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is entirely possible for Kavanaugh to have raped this woman, even if she didn’t report the incident and even if others weren’t also raped by him.

Red,
You are hurting a lot of feelings with your lack of sensitivity. Not sure if you’re aware...
I am not insensitive to people's feelings and what they have been through. I feel deeply for anyone who has been through anything like rape or molestation, having been so myself. However, I don't believe that people should be railroaded without the opportunity that is allowed under our laws. And yes it sucks what happens in court. No one has come up with a better way to do this. You already know that I am not insensitive.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I the only one who thinks this letter with the 65 signatures from women seems even stranger. One would think it would be harder to track down 65 women you knew when in high school if you attended an all boys school AND it was a boarding school. Of course the Republicans had this letter waiting in the event this allegation was revealed.

I’m so sorry about everything you went thru @lovedogs . People don’t realize how long those types of comments stay with a person and I think people often just say things without thinking. A friend made a comment that haunted me for months afterward. I’m glad I just ignored the comment with her. It can’t be easy hearing this has happened to someone you really care about and love.

Thanks @Calliecake , but I wasn't trying to express that I'm still upset or need anything. I was just using my experience as an example of why people don't report rape/assault. I get frustrated when I feel like people don't understand the issues that go into deciding whether to file a report, and I refuse to feel guilty for making the decision I did. I think the idea of putting guilt on the victim for not reporting comes from a few things. 1. Obviously victim blaming. But 2. Theres still this stereotype that rape/assult happens in dark alleys when strangers grab women. That simply isn't the case. I believe the last I read suggested that a majority of these assaults happen by people the victom knows. So it isn't as simple as "of course I'll report being attacked on the street by a stranger" (not that it's ever "simple" but hopefully what I'm saying makes sense).

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am glad you added the above link to this thread, soxfan, since we started the discussion of the attempted rape allegation against Brett Kavanaugh here. I did want to alert everyone that I started a separate thread about the matter now his accuser had come forward.

New Brett Kavanaugh Thread...https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/well-now-brett-kavanaugh-can-face-his-accuser.243639/

Deb/AGBF

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad you added the above link to this thread, soxfan, since we started the discussion of the attempted rape allegation against Brett Kavanaugh here. I did want to alert everyone that I started a separate thread about the matter now his accuser had come forward.

New Brett Kavanaugh Thread...https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/well-now-brett-kavanaugh-can-face-his-accuser.243639/

Deb/AGBF

Oh sorry! I didn't see it- heading to other thread now to read:)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh sorry! I didn't see it- heading to other thread now to read:)

I didn't post to denigrate the importance of your posting in this thread, soxfan. I just wanted to alert everyone to the new thread because in my opinion, Christine Blasey Ford's decision to go public is a major development in this story. She is already taking a lot of heat for daring to say what she has said (that she was attacked). She told "The Washington Post" that the reason she had originally decided not to tell her story was that she she thought she would not be believed and that Kavanaugh would be confirmed anyway. That may be what is about to happen. I have seen nasty references to her on-line as being from California and being a professor. (God forbid educated women from California be attacked. All the people attacked by Judge Kavanaugh should have been male steel workers from Pennsylvania or male construction workers from Main Street. They would be more credible to Trump's Republican Party.)

AGBF

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't post to denigrate the importance of your posting in this thread, soxfan. I just wanted to alert everyone to the new thread because in my opinion, Christine Blasey Ford's decision to go public is a major development in this story. She is already taking a lot of heat for daring to say what she has said (that she was attacked). She told "The Washington Post" that the reason she had originally decided not to tell her story was that she she thought she would not be believed and that Kavanaugh would be confirmed anyway. That may be what is about to happen. I have seen nasty references to her on-line as being from California and being a professor. (God forbid educated women from California be attacked. All the people attacked by Judge Kavanaugh should have been male steel workers from Pennsylvania or male construction workers from Main Street. They would be more credible to Trump's Republican Party.)

AGBF

Yep. The conservative mouthpieces have already started their crap on twitter. First she's not believable because she was anonymous. Now she's not believable because she's NOT anonymous. Morons. :angryfire:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep. The conservative mouthpieces have already started their crap on twitter. First she's not believable because she was anonymous. Now she's not believable because she's NOT anonymous. Morons. :angryfire:

Not morons. Evil, pandering Republicans whom we have to stop in November. VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Les Wexner -- Ohio's wealthiest billionaire, longtime GOP donor & a man for whom philanthropy is a hallmark of his life (unlike Trump) -- has turned his back on the Republican Party and its "nonsense":
http://www.columbusceo.com/news/20180914/les-wexner-renounces-republican-party-affiliation

My mother bought stock in what was then The Limited Corp. as soon as Wexner made the public offering 50 years ago. It was the first stock she purchased without consulting anyone because she loved The Limited shop in our neighborhood (his first, and smallest, store that he'd opened just 5 years earlier) & she thought Mr. Wexner was "a smart, good man." Although I'm sure she's disappointed that he is closing the Henri Bendel stores, I bet she's up in heaven beaming at this news... but she (a former registered Republican) might tease Les by asking what took him so long :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results