shape
carat
color
clarity

Homemade ring finally DONE!! 1.53ct Asscher, 2mm band

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
You are a gorgeous couple! You shoudl most definitely tell her you made the ring, as she will love it that much more! Best wishes on your engagement! :love: :appl:

karpouzi

Shiny_Rock
This is so cool it's surreal. :appl:

Congratulations!!

Undercover999

Rough_Rock
Wellllll keeping the secret didn't work out so well after all. Apparently one of her cousins that I had consulted on for the project "leaked" a bit to the rest of her family, but didn't mention it was a secret. Within hours of arriving at her family's home for the holidays her father accidentally spilled the beans. DOH!

Either way shes thrilled, but we haven't even had a chance to discuss it at this point because we've been swamped with family. In any case, for your viewing pleasure, this is how I'd intended to break the news to her, its a little video I made of the entire process:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVqWmtqm55I

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just died. Amazing.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am showing my husband this. This seriously is the coolest ever.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
So cool, and the ring is gorgeous-congratulations!

ETA love the video-thanks for sharing!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are definitely "The Man". What a lucky woman.

Kalrik

Shiny_Rock
Wow, amazing! I showed my fiance too, bc I can't even get him to take out the trash.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't believe you made this, it is so beautiful!
I enjoyed your video as well, how sweet!
Congratulations!

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
The video is great and I love that you didn't tell her at first so as to not steal her spotlight. Such a thoughtful man! I wish the best to the two of you.

The ring is beautiful, of course!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
That video is so cool!! What a lucky girl she is!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing :bigsmile:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...and here I've been hanging out in Colored Stones all this time not knowing that the Best Story Ever was just a click away. You are amazingly skilled and amazingly generous and self possessed to have thought of her and only her instead of wanting to blast it from the hills that you made that beauty.

Oh, and I can't wait to see what you make for your kids... :naughty: :naughty: ;-) :bigsmile:

Congratulations! :appl:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amazing. Seriously. Crazy Amazing.

Video editing is not bad either. :cheeky: What do you use?

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm very moved and i'm sitting here on the couch crying like an idiot after watching the video....I wish to you and your fiancee all the happiness in the world and i'm sure that everything that you have done will make her ring the most special ring in the world...and it will give you a great story to share with your children and grandchildren!!! Congratulations on your engagement :appl:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow. I am super impressed. What a true labor of love. It's soooo gorgeous, you really did a great job!!! She will be over the moon happy with this work of art.. Promise you will come back with hand pics?? :appl: :appl:

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
The generations that come after you will sing your praises. They will find it hard to top this feat! Congratulations! :appl: :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Completely unbelieveable - you make it look so easy and yet I know there were countless man hours put into this endeavor.

The ring is just beautiful and she is a very lucky lady! Best wishes to both of you and the heartiest of congratulations!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
This is my favourite story ever. Just amazing. The ring looks incredible. Congratulations :appl: That is one lucky girl!

UndercoversLover

Rough_Rock
Well I'm almost a little shy to be posting on here now...

I'm Undercover's very, very proud and extremely lucky fiancé. Though there is honestly nothing is this world that I think he couldn't do, I am still completely shocked and amazed that hemade my engagement ring... how could anyone expect that??? He is the best and I can't wait until he is my husband :)

Some of you might be wondering how he was able to sneak this one past me as he was making this ring right under my nose: for weeks I lamented the bright purple wax I found all over the kitchen, I was there when he bought the syringes to inject the wax, and even helped him pick out the polishing tools for the dremel. The fact that he is constantly tinkering and making things was the perfect disguise for all these activities. I never dreamed that he would be making me my very own, most perfect, completely unique engagement ring. I'm still astounded.

And it is absolutely beautiful. As is always the case, pictures just do not do it justice but i thought I would add just a few more...
2011-12-18_20-14-07_91.jpg
2011-12-18_20-14-48_481.jpg
2011-12-18_20-14-54_845.jpg
2011-12-19_12-08-33_758.jpg
2011-12-19_13-18-45_732.jpg

I also wanted to extend a big THANK YOU to everyone on this site who discouraged him from having the ring plated... it is absolutely perfect as-is and what's more important is how special it is that he made this himself start to finish... I would have been upset to think it was all covered up.

Happy holidays to all of you!

TheDarlingOne

Rough_Rock
:cry:

Such a beautiful story! The love and thought that has gone into this ring is priceless! It turned out gorgeous and looks wonderful on your hand. What a lucky, lucky girl you are :)

Undercover999

Rough_Rock
TravelingGal|1325051358|3089854 said:
Amazing. Seriously. Crazy Amazing.

Video editing is not bad either. :cheeky: What do you use?

Windows Movie Maker and Power Director. Power Director makes nicer title screens but can't speed up a video past 10x, so I needed both.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome UndercoverLover (LOL at the name, btw!)

It looks AMAZING on you!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
You do realize, you have to make his wedding ring now, right? ;-)

But seriously, I am very happy for both of you after reading his thread. Please keep us updated (as much as you see fit) on wedding plans, and may every happiness come to you both.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Truly amazing and the coolest (and sweetest!) thing I`ve ever seen here on Pricescope! :appl:

Congratulations to you both and all the best!

Cachette :))

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the hand shots - it looks beautiful on your hand!! How amazing that your fiance made your ring, what a fantastic job he did -I am so happy for you both!

anotsomadhatter

Rough_Rock
I've been following along in your original thread and already posted there BUT... I just saw the video! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!!

Congratulations once again.

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
That's absolutely amazing! Congrats and best wishes! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, the thought behind this ring is amazing and the ring is just gorgeous! Congratulations to you both and best wishes for a happy and healthy future together!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
This is truly incredible! The time and skill it would have taken to make the ring is amazing, and it turned out just perfect! Gorgeous ring, and even more gorgeous story and sentiment. All the best to you both! Congratulations!! :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results