shape
carat
color
clarity

Holiday wish list..Fancy cut studs?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m already obsessing about what I would like to get for Christmas. Do you girls do that for your holiday? I already have trouble rotating what I have because I keep going back to my favorites..my engagement ring, studs, and diamond pendant but I’ve been obsessing about princess cut studs. I wasn’t sure if I would like them because they would turn on my ear and not sit straight so I bought Moissanite studs and necklace thinking it would be like good costume jewelry. I don’t enjoy them because the cut isn’t the way they should be..big costly mistake as I paid a lot of money for the two of them combined which I could have put towards diamond ones. Does anyone have princess or other fancy cut diamond studs I can see on your ear with specs and where you bought them? Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think princess cut studs would drive me nuts because I'd want them facing the same direction all the time. Whereas with rounds, even if you turn them, there's no problem! To be honest, I also think princess cuts are fading a bit from popularity and are not as timeless as a round. But if you do buy some, I'd only consider ideal cut ones such as from Whiteflash so you have the light return you'd desire.

Personally, I only care to have one set of studs. I'd go with diamond hoops or drops for an extra pair of diamond earrings. But certainly, if you love studs the most, then go for it!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think princess cut studs would drive me nuts because I'd want them facing the same direction all the time. Whereas with rounds, even if you turn them, there's no problem! To be honest, I also think princess cuts are fading a bit from popularity and are not as timeless as a round. But if you do buy some, I'd only consider ideal cut ones such as from Whiteflash so you have the light return you'd desire.
Personally, I only care to have one set of studs. I'd go with diamond hoops or drops for an extra pair of diamond earrings. But certainly, if you love studs the most, then go for it!
I already have a pair of diamond halo dangles..and one older smaller 1.90 ctw round studs. I wear them when I don’t want to blind my friends with my larger ones..They are not into diamonds and don’t wear good jewelry! I thought maybe asscher studs or ring..

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I'd get a variety of fake/inexpensive square (ish) shapes and experiment with size and proportion before committing to the real thing.

Recently, I saw a colleagues wife--and she had large emerald cuts in her ears. Divine.:love:

cheers--Sharon

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have FLY radiant studs, .70 cttw in halos. I have to admit I am always adjusting them so they are straight.
\
IMG_1671.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have FLY radiant studs, .70 cttw in halos. I have to admit I am always adjusting them so they are straight.
:geek2: Whoa! So pretty!
IMG_1671.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

I'd get a variety of fake/inexpensive square (ish) shapes and experiment with size and proportion before committing to the real thing.

Recently, I saw a colleagues wife--and she had large emerald cuts in her ears. Divine.:love:

cheers--Sharon
Hmmm..I’m not sure I would get large but how big do you thing they were? Did they hang below the lobe?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m already obsessing about what I would like to get for Christmas. Do you girls do that for your holiday? I already have trouble rotating what I have because I keep going back to my favorites..my engagement ring, studs, and diamond pendant but I’ve been obsessing about princess cut studs. I wasn’t sure if I would like them because they would turn on my ear and not sit straight so I bought Moissanite studs and necklace thinking it would be like good costume jewelry. I don’t enjoy them because the cut isn’t the way they should be..big costly mistake as I paid a lot of money for the two of them combined which I could have put towards diamond ones. Does anyone have princess or other fancy cut diamond studs I can see on your ear with specs and where you bought them? Thanks!
This will probably be viewed as a sacrilegious remark on here, but no. I have no desire for any more jewelry, at least of the expensive kind. I am more than content with what I have. That doesn't mean I don't love looking at all yours though. ::)

My husband gave me a set of Aquamarine emerald cut studs many years ago. I have worn them a handful of times. The main reason being, as ds pointed out, I am constantly making sure the are "situated" correctly, because you can be assured, they won't stay put. And I think you would find that with any square(ish) cut also.

I love the idea of getting costume/fakes to play around with. ;))

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

cheers--Sharon
I bought cz’s in different sizes to see what I would like although they never say how big they are in the stores..so I bought moissanite ones and they’re too small at 1.5ctw so different size from the same size in diamonds. I should have measured the mm’s...but the cut is weird so I would like to try again in diamonds..I think if I do get diamonds they will be small because I won’t wear them as much as my round studs. I just think it would be nice to have an option but not at a ridiculous price.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm..I’m not sure I would get large but how big do you thing they were? Did they hang below the lobe?

They were large and yes they did hang down just under her lobe. I cannot estimate mm size--I don't have that skill--but I were a betting man I'd stay they were over 1 ctw each. I could not pull that off as my old lobes suffer from deflate gate! But she rocked them!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
They were large and yes they did hang down just under her lobe. I cannot estimate mm size--I don't have that skill--but I were a betting man I'd stay they were over 1 ctw each. I could not pull that off as my old lobes suffer from deflate gate! But she rocked them!

I bought little plastic circular disks that you put on before the backs. It made such a difference..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This will probably be viewed as a sacrilegious remark on here, but no. I have no desire for any more jewelry, at least of the expensive kind. I am more than content with what I have. That doesn't mean I don't love looking at all yours though. ::)

My husband gave me a set of Aquamarine emerald cut studs many years ago. I have worn them a handful of times. The main reason being, as ds pointed out, I am constantly making sure the are "situated" correctly, because you can be assured, they won't stay put. And I think you would find that with any square(ish) cut also.

I love the idea of getting costume/fakes to play around with. ;))
I like the idea of getting aquamarine emerald studs! That’s my grandson’s birthstone..

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to have princess cut studs. They were smaller than you're looking for - 1.03ctw, I believe - and I loved them. I agree with DS that princess cuts are going out of fashion at the moment - but even so, I loved them and thought they looked elegant and timeless. Very Tom Ford / Armani sort of style. I found if I put them on securely enough they didn't rotate much, but I do agree that if you get square cuts, you have to be ok with them not sitting identically.

But all up, I say rock it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to have princess cut studs. They were smaller than you're looking for - 1.03ctw, I believe - and I loved them. I agree with DS that princess cuts are going out of fashion at the moment - but even so, I loved them and thought they looked elegant and timeless. Very Tom Ford / Armani sort of style. I found if I put them on securely enough they didn't rotate much, but I do agree that if you get square cuts, you have to be ok with them not sitting identically.

But all up, I say rock it!

Do you still enjoy your cushion cut earrings MrsB? I adore them!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will say this, if you don't mind the fact that squarish stones will move some, and if you love Princess cuts, get them. I personally have never been one to care if things I wore were in or out of style. I wear what I love. So if something makes you sing, go for it! ;))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you still enjoy your cushion cut earrings MrsB? I adore them!

To be honest, I rarely wear them - and I knew I wouldn't when I got them. But sometimes you need a pair of diamond studs and, when you do, nothing else will suffice. So when I do wear them - they're perfect. :)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean - they're in my thread "Not cheaper by the dozen" - along with a bunch of other things from David Klass. Take a look! :))
Wow! I read a lot of the thread..and will read more when I’m awake..It’s near my bedtime..but had to come here to say your jewelry is stunning! The cushion halos are amazing!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok talk about not being able to make up your mind about buying new jewelry and what’s on your wish list...:roll2: I’ve taken the princess cut studs off my list because I honestly wouldn’t get the wear out of them as I favor my round studs. If I found a preloved pair and they weren’t too expensive I would probably consider it..but that would be in addition to getting a diamond flower cluster ring. I’ve seen some beautiful ones on here that I fell in love with! @JPie yours is the one that got me drooling! I won’t be able to start looking until after Christmas as I really am banned until then..I went a little nuts this year and don’t want my family to question my sanity. It can’t be too large either because no one wears jewelry like that around here and especially my friends. I would have to pretend it’s fake! I will have enough to get a quality piece..I’ll wear it on my right hand..I wish I’m could edit this for what’s on your list for your birthdays, holidays and anniversaries..Looking at all your sparklies did this to me! It’s all your fault!:lol:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok talk about not being able to make up your mind about buying new jewelry and what’s on your wish list...:roll2: I’ve taken the princess cut studs off my list because I honestly wouldn’t get the wear out of them as I favor my round studs. If I found a preloved pair and they weren’t too expensive I would probably consider it..but that would be in addition to getting a diamond flower cluster ring. I’ve seen some beautiful ones on here that I fell in love with! @JPie yours is the one that got me drooling! I won’t be able to start looking until after Christmas as I really am banned until then..I went a little nuts this year and don’t want my family to question my sanity. It can’t be too large either because no one wears jewelry like that around here and especially my friends. I would have to pretend it’s fake! I will have enough to get a quality piece..I’ll wear it on my right hand..I wish I’m could edit this for what’s on your list for your birthdays, holidays and anniversaries..Looking at all your sparklies did this to me! It’s all your fault!:lol:

YES, join the cluster club! You’ll be in good company here. Besides, you can see sparkles on your finger any time you want, but you can’t stare at your studs the same way. :twisted2::mrgreen2:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am much the same as you in that I have no local friends who are into jewelry at all. So I kind of have to balance what I wear with my reality, even though I could see myself wearing a 5 ct emerald cut if I lived somewhere else! :lol: I am very thankful for what I have, though, and would be content with the few pieces I wear the most!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
YES, join the cluster club! You’ll be in good company here. Besides, you can see sparkles on your finger any time you want, but you can’t stare at your studs the same way. :twisted2::mrgreen2:
Your ring did it for me! :love: You’re right about being able to admire it on my hand..I will pull my visor down while I’m driving and pull my ears out to admire my studs! I make sure there’s no one behind me though..I don’t want to appear weird! :geek2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am much the same as you in that I have no local friends who are into jewelry at all. So I kind of have to balance what I wear with my reality, even though I could see myself wearing a 5 ct emerald cut if I lived somewhere else! :lol: I am very thankful for what I have, though, and would be content with the few pieces I wear the most!

I actually will put my jewelry on when I’m staying in during a snow storm or if I’m home sick. I can be free to be sparkly! :dance:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually will put my jewelry on when I’m staying in during a snow storm or if I’m home sick. I can be free to be sparkly! :dance:

Oh, I do take mine out to play with at home, too! :bigsmile:

Q

Queenie60

Personally - I'm always ahead of the holiday's - I'm currently working on my BD present for November! As for the studs, I would stick with rounds. Fancy cuts for studs aren't for me. I had a pair of pear studs and had Caysie make dangles with them. It's personal, if you want square than go for it! We only live once and everyone has different tastes and motivations.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 1/2 ctw PC studs and .90 ctw EC studs. I like both of them. The PC don't rotate enough to bother me and the EC do spin but since I like to check out my earrings when I look in a mirror; I just move them back to where I want them. I wear my RB studs most of the time but I like the variety of the other shapes.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Personally - I'm always ahead of the holiday's - I'm currently working on my BD present for November! As for the studs, I would stick with rounds. Fancy cuts for studs aren't for me. I had a pair of pear studs and had Caysie make dangles with them. It's personal, if you want square than go for it! We only live once and everyone has different tastes and motivations.
@Queenie60 I’ve already changed my mind about getting them unless they’re pre loved and not toooo expensive..I’m setting my sights on a cluster ring after Christmas!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results