shape
carat
color
clarity

Helping a friend select a diamond (time sensitive)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the deposit was on a completed ring and so he is committed to that vendor now. I'm not sure what exactly the vendor can draw from, but seems to have in-store stock, virtual stock in AU and virtual stock overseas.

Primarily, I'm hoping you all can help vet the 1.51 based on the ASET, GIA report and video shared above! :) If there are no show stoppers, this might take the cake, though we will see what else is potentially available tomorrow.

My main concern was the black inclusion(s) and the feather on the table, but I wasn't sure how visible those will be IRL to the naked eye.

Here's the video again: https://d1s5m21q2l18ke.cloudfront.net/v360_mov/j2db11mhn15.HTML?MTU1NTI=

Cheers,
SC
I don't think the inclusions will be visible to the naked eye IRL. I think that stone willl be eye clean .

SeekingClarity

Shiny_Rock
For those of you following along at home, we went in to the shop today to see the HCA 3.5 stone that was originally suggested. I brought my 10x Idealscope along with a small light tray. As expected, based on both the HCA and the wonderful feedback from you all, it was not a great performer. There was a lot of light leaking through and it looked a bit dark once we brought it out of the studio lighting and into the open area in front of the shop. Eventually, my mate decided to go with the XXX 1.51 F VS2 (with the nice ASET and video) and he is very excited to have everything underway. Many thanks (from both of us) for all your feedback!

On another note, I have to admit, the jeweller seemed a bit frosty towards me, especially when she spotted the Idealscope and knowing I was the one driving my friend to ask for more details, images and options. Have others had similar experiences going in as an educated consumer?

Cheers,
SC

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On another note, I have to admit, the jeweller seemed a bit frosty towards me, especially when she spotted the Idealscope and knowing I was the one driving my friend to ask for more details, images and options. Have others had similar experiences going in as an educated consumer?
How dare you be an educated customer and able to empirically assess whatever sub-par, higher-profit-margin stuff a progress-resistant, anti-internet vendor is trying to flog you ;))

SeekingClarity

Shiny_Rock
How dare you be an educated customer and able to empirically assess whatever sub-par, higher-profit-margin stuff a progress-resistant, anti-internet vendor is trying to flog you ;))

I was told it was "cold" and "unromantic" to take an analytical or quantifiable approach! :lol:

Cheers,
SC

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was told it was "cold" and "unromantic" to take an analytical or quantifiable approach! :lol:

Cheers,
SC
As the_mother_thing points out, perhaps you could suggest they approach their pricing that way and accept your offer of non-monetary items?! :lol:

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock

Cheers,
SC
Wow, that is unbelievable! Trying to get the best performing and beautiful stone for your loved one is extremely romantic!!! This vendor should be ashamed of himself.

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Honestly I have experienced the whole spectrum. Fortunately, many jewelers are very happy to have a jewelry/diamond/gemstone educated customer. Those tend to be the ones with a real passion about what they do and are looking for a life-long customer rather than an immediate sale.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results