shape
carat
color
clarity

Help!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
2023 -- I am making him appointments with jewelers that carry ideal round brilliants and will have some there for him to see. He will have the chance to see what his eyes prefer and what he likes.

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Gypsy, I was starting to feel really invisible. I'm glad he gets to see the best of both worlds :) its extremely nice of you to set up appointment for him and for listening to my posts. Sending happy fairy dust your way :appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am listening. :) I was always planning on having him look at MRB-- it's the vanilla after all. If you haven't tried vanilla how do you know it's wrong or right for you? So you have to try it. Plus there is a reason why Vanilla is a classic. But you should try several options and see what's best. Chocolate is a classic too. And so is Strawberry. One of the chief reasons for the GOG visit is it's the only place that has a gorgeous true old cut OEC, a lovely AVR (newly cut stone with old cut faceting), and a superideal round brilliant under one roof. So he can compare them side by side and see what he likes best. Plus I'm going to ask them to have a gorgeous modern faceted cushion I found on there, and an antique style (not a true antique) cushion, and an emerald cut with great spread. So he can see what he likes and what says "this is the one" to him.

AND, not to toot GOG's horn too loudly, they have a fabulous trade in/upgrade policy on many of these stones so if for any reason she doesn't love her ring, they won't lose any money on changing it out for something different, whether than happens now or 5 years down the road. Plus they are open on Saturdays!

All that said, I don't believe that anyone should buy a ring at the first place they look at, no matter how wonderful, if they really don't know what they want. So I'm hoping that if he has the time during the week I can get him in to OWD so he can see a selection OEC's in his budget, and go on over to IDJ and see what they can find for him (as their pricing is more competitive than either OWD or GOG and ID has a knack for pulling off some really amazing finds within budget).

agapoula25

Rough_Rock
Hi Gypsy,
Yes, I will make myself available one day next week, I'm thinking Thursday? Please give me a couple of days to confirm, I'd hate to have you go through the trouble of making the appointments for me, and then I'd have to change the date.
Thank you so much once again! :)

**edited by moderator. please do not post personal contact information for your own privacy**

Shiny_Rock
In my humble opinion I think find your perfect stone first and worry about the setting later. You will be absorbing a lot once you start choosing a diamond. I would wait until you find 'the one' and then the setting will follow. A gorgeous diamond is going to be amazing and would focus most of your budget on getting that stone first. There will be many jewellers and settings available for where you get your stone from.

angietime

Rough_Rock
Kikis works in 41 west 47th street by appointment only, but if he has a serious customer who cannot make it on a weekday, he memo's the diamonds from all various suppliers and can drive to your house for a personal sit down. I'm sorry I didn't follow up with you sooner, I'd love to have you give him a call...He knows every supplier from my old job to the bigtime diamond houses that sell to Tiffany.

212-704-0642 and it will forward to his cell phone even now. He has been a family jeweler since before I was born and is one of the few diamond dealers that will spend the time and money to do business. Obviously you wouldn't be obligated to buy anything, and you are welcome to shop around, but I'd love it if you'd call him!

angietime

Rough_Rock

angietime

Rough_Rock
agapoula25|1342055249|3232623 said:
So I was just browsing around Bluenile, just to learn about the options, and what effect each one has on my wallet. What do you all think about a ring like this one? http://www.bluenile.com/build-your-own-diamond-ring?override=1&forceStep=BASKET_STEP&offer_id=20306&ring_size=4.5&pid=LD02632501&click_id=964777591

I have seen that ring finished with different diamonds inside, I think that is stunning and no girl would say no to a ring like that. It keeps its elegance without being too much, but its still a showpiece without being showy. It should not overwhelm your budget, I think you will get a nice center stone and this mounting combo will be beautiful. (so call John and also shop around at those appointments after if you have time. Its great to have options because it means people will keep prices negotiable enough to where if you really want a stone, they will fight for your business.)

agapoula25

Rough_Rock
angietime|1342221816|3233525 said:
Kikis works in 41 west 47th street by appointment only, but if he has a serious customer who cannot make it on a weekday, he memo's the diamonds from all various suppliers and can drive to your house for a personal sit down. I'm sorry I didn't follow up with you sooner, I'd love to have you give him a call...He knows every supplier from my old job to the bigtime diamond houses that sell to Tiffany.

212-704-0642 and it will forward to his cell phone even now. He has been a family jeweler since before I was born and is one of the few diamond dealers that will spend the time and money to do business. Obviously you wouldn't be obligated to buy anything, and you are welcome to shop around, but I'd love it if you'd call him!

Thanks, angie, I will definitely give him a call, it sounds like you're pretty happy with him.. I like having options, it definitely helps my wallet. :)

angietime

Rough_Rock
agapoula25|1342285423|3233862 said:
angietime|1342221816|3233525 said:

Thanks, angie, I will definitely give him a call, it sounds like you're pretty happy with him.. I like having options, it definitely helps my wallet. :)

Yes, be as educated as you can, and meet as many jewelers as you can feel out. If they can make it more convenient for you...even better. This is a special special purchase. I'm so sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but I hope that this helps greatly. Also, if you see any stones on PS or Bluenile that you want to see, keep the certificate and measurements handy. If you message John on facebook I know one time he backwards searched for the diamond I wanted to see and found that it was in NYC so I could look in person! Makes guessing what it'll look like less of a guess.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results