shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with stone selection for my upgrade

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for being so gracious. I certainly wouldn’t want to steal someone’s stone they were excited to receive. I still don’t have any further confirmation or shipping info so maybe it’s unavailable.

I'm guessing that it may take a little while for the supplier to pull it from their inventory and ship it to your selling jeweler...especially if they don't ship until they have a minimum quantity requirement/desire until they ship.

VanillaBean

Rough_Rock
I'm guessing that it may take a little while for the supplier to pull it from their inventory and ship it to your selling jeweler...especially if they don't ship until they have a minimum quantity requirement/desire until they ship.

Good to know! Hopefully I’ll get more info by early next week.

Next thing I need to do is research a new setting. Right now I have my original diamond set into a 2mm yellow gold solitaire band paired with an alternating shared prong diamond band from James Allen. Maybe I can just have a new head put on my current solitaire band, or just get another one to fit the new stone. Decisions, decisions.

IMG_1264.jpeg

My original Scott Kay plat/18k set from our wedding is on the left, my updated bands from 2022 on right. I guess a 3rd set for 2025?

stfstf

Rough_Rock
Good to know! Hopefully I’ll get more info by early next week.

Next thing I need to do is research a new setting. Right now I have my original diamond set into a 2mm yellow gold solitaire band paired with an alternating shared prong diamond band from James Allen. Maybe I can just have a new head put on my current solitaire band, or just get another one to fit the new stone. Decisions, decisions.

IMG_1264.jpeg

My original Scott Kay plat/18k set from our wedding is on the left, my updated bands from 2022 on right. I guess a 3rd set for 2025?
Any updates?

Sopranojla

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, stay away from that one... pavilion angle is too steep, bigger 60% table, and there's a bit of pavilion twist and CVD graining. It's not a great diamond, and shame on them for trying to pass that piece of junk on to you.

Does this kind of thing happen a lot with https://www.loosegrowndiamond.com I am in the market for one and the prices are crazy good, but not if they are not reliable with unavailable stones (seems like bait and switch).

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
I ordered from them on Jan 8 and they contacted me within 24 hours that it was not available. So, I ordered a different one Jan 9 and they just emailed this morning that it's been dispatched from the factory to their NYC store... so they're VERY SLOW. lol

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Does this kind of thing happen a lot with https://www.loosegrowndiamond.com I am in the market for one and the prices are crazy good, but not if they are not reliable with unavailable stones (seems like bait and switch).

I wouldn't say they're unreliable, i think just inventory goes quickly and in keeping their prices low they maybe dont keep on top as well as they could?

I found a perfect diamond, it was $3k less than on other sites, it showed as unavailable on brilliance but available on Adiamor and Loosegrown. I tried to order it from loosegrown and they emailed me it was unavailable, but its still showing as available on Adiamor as of today (almost 2 weeks later).

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
I haven’t had any issues with my orders with loosegrowndiamond, but you never know if a diamond is truly available until you place the order and they check with their suppliers. This is common with all vendors who sell diamonds from virtual inventory.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock

Oh don't get cynical just yet. We understand how frustrating it can be. So far Loose Grown has done really well by PSers. Keep in mind that there are so many lurkers who swipe stones.

Another thing to keep in mind for these sites is that we’re dealing in international trade. Other countries have different holidays. Diwali and East Asian Lunar New Year are just two examples of holidays which have left some US customers confused by email response times.

Chin up, @Sopranojla! We got you! Your perfect stone is out there waiting for you!

VanillaBean

Rough_Rock
One of the stones has now shipped from the factory to their NYC location. It’s the 2.16 stone. I have a feeling that they ship them in batches, since I did not pay for the upgraded shipping. Still waiting on the 1.82 that I ordered first. I am eager, but not in a rush. I’m hoping they both get here within a day or two of each other so I can compare and send one back.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Loosegrown typically takes awhile to ship. I think if the order is confirmed than the diamond is available but it's likely overseas and that can take awhile to ship to them and then they ship it to you. Typically if the diamond wasn't available I would think you'd have heard by now.

Sopranojla

Shiny_Rock
Oh don't get cynical just yet. We understand how frustrating it can be. So far Loose Grown has done really well by PSers. Keep in mind that there are so many lurkers who swipe stones.

Another thing to keep in mind for these sites is that we’re dealing in international trade. Other countries have different holidays. Diwali and East Asian Lunar New Year are just two examples of holidays which have left some US customers confused by email response times.

Chin up, @Sopranojla! We got you! Your perfect stone is out there waiting for you!

Not cynical, just looking out for my wallet and trying to make the best choice on who is a reliable source to purchase from!

Sopranojla

Shiny_Rock
I wouldn't say they're unreliable, i think just inventory goes quickly and in keeping their prices low they maybe dont keep on top as well as they could?

I found a perfect diamond, it was $3k less than on other sites, it showed as unavailable on brilliance but available on Adiamor and Loosegrown. I tried to order it from loosegrown and they emailed me it was unavailable, but its still showing as available on Adiamor as of today (almost 2 weeks later).

Oh wow. that's so weird. Have you ordered from loosegrown before? Is this the company you are talking about? 1705622848552.png

Sopranojla

Shiny_Rock
I haven’t had any issues with my orders with loosegrowndiamond, but you never know if a diamond is truly available until you place the order and they check with their suppliers. This is common with all vendors who sell diamonds from virtual inventory.

This is good to know!

stfstf

Rough_Rock
One of the stones has now shipped from the factory to their NYC location. It’s the 2.16 stone. I have a feeling that they ship them in batches, since I did not pay for the upgraded shipping. Still waiting on the 1.82 that I ordered first. I am eager, but not in a rush. I’m hoping they both get here within a day or two of each other so I can compare and send one back.

Yay! That’s super exciting!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
The 1.82 has shipped and will arrive tomorrow. I have tracking!

Cant wait to see!!

....and also happy since we ordered around the same time hopefully that means my 2 are coming soon!

VanillaBean

Rough_Rock
Ok, the 1.82 E VVS2 is here. It looks beautiful, it’s very icy white. I’m so used to having a warm stone, this looks so different. Plus, it’s over a carat larger. Let me attach some photos. I also ordered an ideal scope and tried to take a couple of pictures. This was branded as a hearts and arrow stone, but I can’t see defined hearts when I turn it over. Is that normal?

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_0699.jpeg
    IMG_0699.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0691.jpeg
    IMG_0691.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0671.jpeg
    IMG_0671.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0665.jpeg
    IMG_0665.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 40

Sunrises Sunsets

Shiny_Rock
That stone is a beauty from the pics you included and your hands are lovely. Your first wedding set was very nice but I love the simple gold band with the diamond wedding band. It's striking and elegant looking.

Enjoy picking out your next wedding set which should make YOU happy!

VanillaBean

Rough_Rock
Ideal scope doesn’t give a good view of the hearts. Need to use a H&A scope if you want a clear view of the hearts.

Perfect, that’s what I was hoping to hear! Thank you!

VanillaBean

Rough_Rock
That stone is a beauty from the pics you included and your hands are lovely. Your first wedding set was very nice but I love the simple gold band with the diamond wedding band. It's striking and elegant looking.

Enjoy picking out your next wedding set which should make YOU happy!

Thank you! I’m thinking of putting it in a gold band again with a platinum head and hidden halo. Probably something simple.

Sunrises Sunsets

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! I’m thinking of putting it in a gold band again with a platinum head and hidden halo. Probably something simple.

I've had 4 different wedding sets.... one was lost and all of them were pretty but my favorite was when I had the solitaire with a simple gold band and a wider wedding band in gold. But I have to say, your diamond wedding band is beautiful.

VanillaBean

Rough_Rock
The 2.16 stone arrived today. It is also beautiful, and I’m not sure what to do now. The size difference is definitely noticeable. The smaller 1.82 is E VVS2 with hearts and arrows, the 2.16 is H VS1. What would you do? They both sparkle beautifully. Excuse my super dry hands.

IMG_0821.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0808.jpeg
    IMG_0808.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0814.jpeg
    IMG_0814.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0820.jpeg
    IMG_0820.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 37

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 2.16 stone arrived today. It is also beautiful, and I’m not sure what to do now. The size difference is definitely noticeable. The smaller 1.82 is E VVS2 with hearts and arrows, the 2.16 is H VS1. What would you do? They both sparkle beautifully. Excuse my super dry hands.

IMG_0821.jpeg

The H faces up so white in these photos. I would go for the bigger one! :bigsmile:

VanillaBean

Rough_Rock
The H faces up so white in these photos. I would go for the bigger one! :bigsmile:

It does. Do you think there is a big difference in the cut on these two based on the reports? I am obviously not an expert, and my main goal was to get the best combination of cut, color, size. Do branded hearts and arrows really make that big of a difference?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does. Do you think there is a big difference in the cut on these two based on the reports? I am obviously not an expert, and my main goal was to get the best combination of cut, color, size. Do branded hearts and arrows really make that big of a difference?

Based on the 360 videos, I don't think there is a big cut quality difference between the two. The E is not a branded or even proven H&A diamond since IGI doesn't provide actual H&A images. Have you looked at them in your usual lighting environments and evaluated their performance side-by-side?

VanillaBean

Rough_Rock
Based on the 360 videos, I don't think there is a big cut quality difference between the two. The E is not a branded or even proven H&A diamond since IGI doesn't provide actual H&A images. Have you looked at them in your usual lighting environments and evaluated their performance side-by-side?

Thank you. Yes, I have been looking at both inside, outside, in the sunlight, and cloudy skies. They are both very pretty, but maybe my eyes are drawn towards the warmer one, because that’s what I’m used to. I hope I don’t regret going with an H, but, like you said, it faces up very white. And to be honest, when I was looking at the E, I kept saying it looked really icy, and I wasn’t drawn towards that.

I think I will keep the 2.16. Bonus, 2/16 is my youngest child’s birthday, so that also strikes a chord with me.

Thank you to everyone here who weighed in. I will come back once it’s set.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. Yes, I have been looking at both inside, outside, in the sunlight, and cloudy skies. They are both very pretty, but maybe my eyes are drawn towards the warmer one, because that’s what I’m used to. I hope I don’t regret going with an H, but, like you said, it faces up very white. And to be honest, when I was looking at the E, I kept saying it looked really icy, and I wasn’t drawn towards that.

I think I will keep the 2.16. Bonus, 2/16 is my youngest child’s birthday, so that also strikes a chord with me.

Thank you to everyone here who weighed in. I will come back once it’s set.

You couldn't go wrong either way. Looking forward to seeing the completed ring after it's set.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results