shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with stone selection for my upgrade

VanillaBean

Rough_Rock
Hi all! I am a long time PS member, and I am hoping our resident lab experts @Kim N or @DejaWiz would lend me some assistance finding a stone for an upgrade. I have one kid in college and another starting next year, so my dreams of a proper upgrade for my 25th anniversary will have to wait a while. In the interim, I would like to get a lab grown HPHT stone to tide me over. :) I currently have a small natural 0.70 J SI2 stone that was purchased in 1996, so I am ready to at least double the size and improve the quality of what I have now.

I’ve looked at so many sites and stones that all I’m doing is confusing myself. Here is what I would like, if it exists.

Budget, around/under $900 if possible

- 1.50 or larger (I’d like as large as possible without sacrificing cut)
- Round brilliant
- Ideal cut
- Color H or higher
- Clarity: VS1, VS2, SI1 if eye clean
- HPHT

Am I asking for a miracle or does this exist?

Thank you!!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello, VanillaBean!
I have found a recommendation for you:
1.75+ E VS1+, IGI Hearts and Arrows designation within your stated budget.
Let me know when you're ready and I'll post it so that you can hold/purchase ASAP.

Here's a rough visual aid of a 0.7 compared to the one that I found (around 90% increase of face-up surface area):

Screenshot_20240109-153253-282.png

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

VanillaBean

Rough_Rock
Here you go!

@DejaWiz Thank you so much! I got it! Will update when it arrives! I appreciate your help SO much!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! I'm excited for you!

VanillaBean

Rough_Rock
It's beautiful! I'm excited for you!

Thank you, I’m so excited! I was so nervous about doing this purchase on my own. I’ve been looking for a while and needed help! Thankful for all of you that jump in to help here!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're willing to spend about $60 over budget, I have an option for you over 2ct. It would get you about 8.3mm.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
If you're willing to spend about $60 over budget, I have an option for you over 2ct. It would get you about 8.3mm.

I think I have a good guess as to which one you might be thinking of...and it may not be available (in a thread by stfstf this past Sunday).

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I have a good guess as to which one you might be thinking of...and it may not be available (in a thread by stfstf this past Sunday).

I wonder why it's still showing as available. I thought their links usually get taken down pretty quickly.

VanillaBean

Rough_Rock

Is the return policy on LGD as good as stated? In case I get a second to compare.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the return policy on LGD as good as stated? In case I get a second to compare.

Yes, they're a reliable company.

I hope this stone is still available.

VanillaBean

Rough_Rock
I wonder why it's still showing as available. I thought their links usually get taken down pretty quickly.

@Kim N Could it be because the PS member was buying off Brilliance.com, not LGD? I love that stone, too.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kim N Could it be because the PS member was buying off Brilliance.com, not LGD? I love that stone, too.

If you love it, it doesn't hurt to try to buy it or at least call them to see if it's available. It's beautiful and huge.

VanillaBean

Rough_Rock
If you love it, it doesn't hurt to try to buy it or at least call them to see if it's available. It's beautiful and huge.

I placed an order for it. We shall see if it‘s still around! Thank you!!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Isn't technology wonderful?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting! Go figure such good prices!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

stfstf

Rough_Rock
@DejaWiz @VanillaBean so I was charged for it but somehow the order that went through was for another one they offered a 2.32 G diamond for the same price but

This is such a bummer. :( I was charged for it on Sunday (the exact amount) but they contacted me confused themselves today because there was a record of me ordering another diamond and they didn’t understand the price discrepancy. maybe it has something to do with me paying with PayPal? They offered this one for the same price but it doesn’t seem as great. I guess I’ll take this as a sign to wait until I’m done with school since this was a splurge item for me. This new one just doesn’t draw me in as much at all. What do you think? https://www.ritani.com/products/2-3...-vs1-clarity-igi-lg587397444-sku-d-2eiqg9vux0 IMG_2265.jpeg

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@DejaWiz @VanillaBean so I was charged for it but somehow the order that went through was for another one they offered a 2.32 G diamond for the same price but

This is such a bummer. :( I was charged for it on Sunday (the exact amount) but they contacted me confused themselves today because there was a record of me ordering another diamond and they didn’t understand the price discrepancy. maybe it has something to do with me paying with PayPal? They offered this one for the same price but it doesn’t seem as great. I guess I’ll take this as a sign to wait until I’m done with school since this was a splurge item for me. This new one just doesn’t draw me in as much at all. What do you think? https://www.ritani.com/products/2-3...-vs1-clarity-igi-lg587397444-sku-d-2eiqg9vux0 IMG_2265.jpeg

Yeah, stay away from that one... pavilion angle is too steep, bigger 60% table, and there's a bit of pavilion twist and CVD graining. It's not a great diamond, and shame on them for trying to pass that piece of junk on to you.

stfstf

Rough_Rock
Yeah, stay away from that one... pavilion angle is too steep, bigger 60% table, and there's a bit of pavilion twist and CVD graining. It's not a great diamond, and shame on them for trying to pass that piece of junk on to you.

I thought so :’( thank you for confirming

VanillaBean

Rough_Rock

Oh NO @stfstf !!! I feel terrible. I’m so sorry! It showed available on the site I was on so I figured it was available. I certainly didn’t want you to lose out on it. As of right now, I don’t even have a shipping confirmation that it’s coming to me, only that the order was received. If somehow it’s not available, I will post on here to let you know. And honestly I may go with the smaller one anyway. If I do, I will contact you on here.

I’m sorry!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is a terrible diamond. We can definitely help you find a better one when you're ready.

stfstf

Rough_Rock
Oh NO @stfstf !!! I feel terrible. I’m so sorry! It showed available on the site I was on so I figured it was available. I certainly didn’t want you to lose out on it. As of right now, I don’t even have a shipping confirmation that it’s coming to me, only that the order was received. If somehow it’s not available, I will post on here to let you know. And honestly I may go with the smaller one anyway. If I do, I will contact you on here.

I’m sorry!

No worries at all! I’m happy it went to someone who is just as excited about it! I would be thankful to see pics just to see how pretty it is but no pressure!

VanillaBean

Rough_Rock
No worries at all! I’m happy it went to someone who is just as excited about it! I would be thankful to see pics just to see how pretty it is but no pressure!

Thanks for being so gracious. I certainly wouldn’t want to steal someone’s stone they were excited to receive. I still don’t have any further confirmation or shipping info so maybe it’s unavailable.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results