shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with ruby stacking band

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
Hello, everyone!

I haven't posted in a while. I had a cancer diagnosis last year that I was managing with chemo last summer, and am currently cancer free: thank God!!!

Now that I am past it, I am ready to celebrate! DH and I celebrated our 40th anniversary in May. The story of our relationship is told in our rings and is found in an earlier thread I posted in one of the forums, which I cannot find at the moment for some strange reason. Blame it on chemo brain!!.

At any rate, since ruby is the stone for 40 years, I was thinking of a ruby and diamond stacker or pair of stackers to wear with my 4.34 L color solitaire in a Vatche setting,my 2mm yellow gold original band, and my 18k yellow gold eternity with 7+ct fancy light yellow radiant cuts. I am looking for ideas. I am thinking warm 18k yellow gold for the setting, and am interested in warm red rubies, not the pinkish or purple colors, which I also love, but just not what I want for this ring.

Any suggestions?

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
I found the thread! Here are some pictures of my current set:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congradulations on 40 years and now being cancer free
i very much look forward to seeing what you get

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, Daisys and Diamonds. It was a shock to have that diagnosis since I don't fit the profile for the type of cancer of my diagnosis. I am thin, fit, with no history of hormone replacement, all of which are the exact opposite of the cancer profile.

But, by God's grace and mercy, I am doing well, and am ready to move past it. Nothing like a new ring for my collection to celebrate!:lol::lol:

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on being cancer free & 40 years! I love your e- ring & eternity bands!
Come show us what you get, im sure it will be spectacular!

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on the Anniversary and your being cancer free. I’m looking forward to seeing the rubies. I love a little colour mixed into a stack and it will look fabulous in yellow gold.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so happy to see you back! Congratulations on getting through your treatment & being cancer free - what a relief for you!

And happy 40th - looking forward to seeing your new bling!

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
Forgive me for so being late in my response. As I said earlier, chemo brain! I asked the question...and forgot that I asked! Thank you all for your kind replies!

Things are getting better and better, .but I still haven't pulled the trigger on my stacker ring. Does anyone else have any other ideas for what to do with adding a ruby stacker? I do prefer prong set stones rather than channel set. I was thinking something delicate, but I've become very hesitant about making buying decisions unless I absolutely love the piece.

Help (and I won't forget to check for replies this time)!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just looked at your beautiful stack! I think a very thin all ruby eternity would compliment your rings very well.

voce

Ideal_Rock

How about something like this? I'm sure you could ask Yvonne and Karen to make it for you in 18k yellow gold instead.

Edit: actually, if it were me in your place, I'd probably go for a custom project eternity ring more like this, instead of a band, except of course with the gemstones (rich red rubies) of your choice.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results