shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally some decent pictures !!!!!!

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
:wavey: For those of you who have wondered what happened with my stone, here are three (finally!) reasonably good pictures of my 4.34 L VS2 stone, set in a platinum Vatche Tiffany replica setting worn with my original 2mm 14k yellow gold wb, a new 18k yellow gold spacer and...a much belated (32+ years later!!!!!) push present :lol: :lol: :lol: from DH. He was so thrilled with my mad online shopping skills :lol: :lol: and the results of my search for a larger stone that on the way home from a business trip to Mexico City, he arranged to meet me in NYC after I picked up my ring from Yekutiel. While we were there, he asked me to take him to IDJ to meet Yekutiel so he could thank him in person. So we did, and THAT'S when he surprised me with my (HA!HA!) push present! It's a fancy yellow radiant full eternity band set in 18k yellow gold...nearly 7 carats of golden loveliness, which the pictures do NOT do justice. DH LOVED :love: it because he said the contrast between it and my solitaire made my stone appear so much whiter (even though the only place the tint is even remotely obvious is from the side)! He also really liked that I could wear the whole set with my original wb even though I had to also buy a spacer. :D

As many of you know, it took me forever to decide how to set the stone, but here is an interesting experience I had that happened while I was trying to make up my mind about what to do with the stone:

Prior to choosing the Vatche Tiffany replica and asking Yekutiel, who also sourced it, to then (over a year!) later set the stone for me, I took it in to my local bench jeweler to get ideas and to shop for settings in my area to see if I could find something I liked closer to home. His diamond purchaser was in his office and asked if he could see the stone. After louping it and spending a couple of minutes in silence examining it, he proceeded to tell me what an "exceptionally well cut" stone it was, pointing out all of the stone's wonderful attributes, from the type of inclusion, to the arrows and the faceting on the girdle. He then asked me where I purchased it. :D I told him that I bought it from a contact in NYC, but didn't bother to tell him how I had shopped for it online using the HCA tool for guidance or about the PS community of blingaphiles and diamond aficionados. :razz: :razz:

Now that I have it and have been wearing it since late June, I am enjoying it immensely! Despite some shadows in the stone in the pictures, there really are no dark areas in the stone. I just found it nearly impossible to hold my hand level to see the fat arrows AND take pictures at the same time. It seemed like everytime I tried to take the photo, my hand would move, and then the stone itself and/or the arrows would look very, very blurry! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:-o :-o And please excuse the dry, flaky swollen fingers. I work with my hands, but I HATE the feeling of hand lotion between my fingers, though from the looks of the photos, I surely needed some, even though the diamonds would not have appreciated me using it at all. :bigsmile:

Many (very much belated!) thanks to Yekutiel and his crew at ID Jewelry for taking such good care of us! :appl: :appl: :appl:
And many thanks to DS :wavey: :wavey: and all others :wavey: who encouraged me to pull the trigger on the stone when I did (nearly two years ago late February/March 2011) , since prices have skyrocketed in the meantime.

Without further ado, here are the three hand shot photos. The last one is at the beach in OBX, just a few days before my daughter's wedding on November 3rd. IF I can take any more decent pictures, I will post them, especially as I mix and match my (relatively!) new lovelies with the rest of my collection which, fortunately for me, keeps growing. No DSS...YET. ;-) ;-)

img01116-20121031-1107.jpg

img01117-20121031-1109.jpg

img01123-20121031-1113.jpg

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock
O. M . G. :love: :love: :love: your ring is STUNNING!!! I love your band that you are wearing with it too! I cant tell from the pictures but is it yellow gold? This set is just marvelous!!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! WOW! WOW! Your solitaire is amazing and your yellow eternity band is to die for! (As is your husband by the way, for arranging such a spectacular surprise!)

Truly proof that good things come to those who wait!

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Goldfish8!

The eternity band, as well as the 2mm bands are yellow gold. My original wb is 14k (we were babies and dirt poor!), but the other two are 18k.

And thanks too, VRBeauty! We will celebrate 33 years in May. He also gave me a gorgeous three-stone at our 20th...and I didn't have to give it up to get the solitaire. :bigsmile:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful!!! :love: :love:

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
:) Thank you, Skippy!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It looks amazing!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful set! They look really unusual & fantastically eye catching! :love:

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, Rosebloom AND Alex Tilley.

Somehow it is very fitting that the shapes of the stones are so different. Hubby is an engineer, and I am a renaissance woman (poet/writer/dancer/mother/teacher/pilates instructor plus a few other "careers" including paralegal and homebuilder/designer) in the past 33 years). Rounds and rectangles sort of represent our tendencies in our thinking patterns.

In his youth, he was so EXTREMELY linear and driven that I wasn't sure we were going to make it. :(sad I used to comfort myself with the thought that we are lucky the people who build bridges and airplanes think that way. :rodent: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And yet after 32+ years, he gave me a round of rectangles...how amazing is that?! :D Guess he is coming around to my way of seeing things while still retaining the essence of who he is. :naughty: Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl:

I am still learning how to love him. :love: :love:

And gifts like that show HE is still learning how to love me too. What an adventure!!!!!!!!!!!1 :D

SB621

Ideal_Rock
beautiful set! i'm a huge fan of mixing shapes, metals and overall having a non matching set! Just gorgeous! Congrats on your belated push present as well!!!!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So gorgeous!!

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock
Owies Nana|1358179954|3355230 said:
And yet after 32+ years, he gave me a round of rectangles...how amazing is that?! :D Guess he is coming around to my way of seeing things while still retaining the essence of who he is. :naughty: Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl:

And gifts like that show HE is still learning how to love me too. What an adventure!!!!!!!!!!!1 :D

I know I already commented earlier... but this is just too sweet not to comment again! I think we are constantly learning how to love no matter how long we have been together with someone else and every day we love that person in a different way for a different reason and sometimes that takes A LOT of work too! .... CONGRATS AGAIN!!!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh My Word!!!!! I LOVE it--that eternity is to die for--so is your gigantic diamond!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

But I do love that eternity--maybe when I grow up I can get one of those !! ;)) ;)) Wear it in good health & enjoy!
sarahb

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
Sarahb,

I am glad you like it!

And don't wait until you grow up! :naughty: You won't have as many years to wear it and love it. :D

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
GoldFish8|1358183745|3355283 said:
Owies Nana|1358179954|3355230 said:

I know I already commented earlier... but this is just too sweet not to comment again! I think we are constantly learning how to love no matter how long we have been together with someone else and every day we love that person in a different way for a different reason and sometimes that takes A LOT of work too! .... CONGRATS AGAIN!!!

It is A LOT of work...but such sweet, sweet reward for our labors (pun fully intended). :lol:

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, Sarahbear and Laila!!!!!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really lovely story - I love your analogy of a circle of squares!

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
Haha! Geeks rule! :read:

He is fascinated by the math/engineering aspects of cutting the most optically PERFECT, highest performing stone possible, as well as the manufacturing process for the settings. :rolleyes: :D He followed the thread/video of the young guy who made his bride's engagement setting with great interest and said he might surprise me one day.

And I love the aesthetics of stones and the artistry of jewelry design.

It's a win/win for me. :halo:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had to come back & visit your set again! :love: :love:

Great screen name btw, you must be full of love!! :bigsmile:

& that eternity is a beauty, yellow no less! :love: :love:
sarahb

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful!!! :love: I love the fat arrows and your eternity band is gorgeous as well! Enjoy them in health and happiness!!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! I could stare at it all day.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing is all I can say! Congrats.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow! The photos were worth waiting for (though I'm glad you didn't make us wait 32 years, lol!).....congrats on BOTH of your gorgeous new rings!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your stone set in that mounting - really beautiful! You made a great choice!

The new band is really something too - I'm thinking it could really hold its own beautifully on your right hand too!

Please take lots more pictures for us - or you be the hand model and ask hubby to snap the pics!

Congrats - beautiful love story and beautiful rings - enjoy all the sparkles!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Always love a large 4+ ct MRB!!! Can you tell us your finger size again? And more pics please!

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, minousbijoux.

It's a great story to tell our grandchildren, when we have more of them. Our first, and only one (so far!), our grandson, turned four on 12/19 last year.

He doesn't stand a chance, poor soul. Both of his grandfathers are engineers, and he already has all the making of a good one. He will make some girl VERY happy, especially if he has inherited DH's (and my own) enthusiastic interest in well-cut diamonds. :D :lol: :lol:

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
sarahb|1358199535|3355486 said:
I had to come back & visit your set again! :love: :love:

Great screen name btw, you must be full of love!! :bigsmile:

& that eternity is a beauty, yellow no less! :love: :love:
sarahb

Yes, our grandson is one of the great joys of my life. I have a gorgeous art deco eternity band I bought when he was born thinking he might use it as a wedding ring for his bride some day. =)

DH loved that eternity band as soon as Yekutiel showed it to him. He liked the fact that no one he knows has one even remotely like it. :twirl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FINALLY!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :wavey: (I have missed you, ON!!!)

Well, you know I LOVE your diamond in my setting! :love: ;)) And wow, it definitely does not look like an L!!! You did very well! And how sweet your hubby was to give you such a fabulous surprise!!! :appl:

I wish you would come to the PS dinner in Las Vegas! Any chance of that?

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
missy|1358199662|3355490 said:
So beautiful!!! :love: I love the fat arrows and your eternity band is gorgeous as well! Enjoy them in health and happiness!!

Thank you for your kind wishes, Missy! My best friend says, "Jewelry is for OUR entertainment." And I agree! I just stare at my rings, where ever I am, and am still amazed that they actually belong to me! :loopy:

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, LisaRN, derbygal and yennyfire!

Yenny, I really wanted to get to the pictures immediately, but kept taking HORRIBLE photos that just did not do the set any favors, if you know what I mean. They were so blurry and dark. I was SO FRUSTRATED with my lack of technical competence with my camera phone...where can you find a geek when you need one...urk!!! ;( ;( :cheeky:

Then, I woke up one morning and :-o :-o :-o it was just a month and half before my daughter's wedding, and suddenly, trying to take pictures of my ring lost its place in my list of priorities, and then it was Thanksgiving, Christmas...and the New Year's Resolution crew showed up at the gym where I work as a personal trainer. I have been SLAMMED since before Halloween.

Life just gets in the way, you know what I mean?!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results