shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with resetting diamond into a 3 stone ring

grviwi

Rough_Rock
Am looking at resetting a diamond I can buy and adding two diamonds into a 3 stone engagement ring.

Have been offered a ring with a 1.41ct center diamond and 0.72ct accent diamonds in the band and wonder how to get it appraised and what proportion side stones to use if I discard the band and reuse the stones?

The appraisal certificate supplied is from ABCG and looks to be 'different'. Have been offered a long, long way below the appraisal so this raises questions so will borrow it first and get it appraised separately.

Center Diamond
Princess Cut
Size: 1.41ct,
Color: F,
Clarity: VS1* (note says *Clarity Enhanced) - what does this mean?
Cut: Excellent

Accent Diamonds
Round Brilliant
Size:0.72ct
Color: F
Clarity: VS1-VS2
Cut: Excellent

These are a lot of small ones in three rows in the band.

Where do I take the ring to get it appraised as I do not really have much faith in the appraisal certificate? Assuming the center stone checks out, what proportion side stones and what shape are recommended? What to do with the many small accent diamonds? Any suggestions on a design? Platinum band. Was partial to a larger solitaire round cut (>1.7 - 1.8ct before.

Any help appreciated.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Clarity enhanced means the stone had very poor clarity and it has had a treatment such as laser drilling to remove some of the inclusions and possibly filled. Our recommendation here normally is to never buy a clarity enhanced stone. They can have problems down the road and are worth far less than a natural untreated diamond. Just FYI, only look at GIA or AGS (more rare) graded diamonds. At least you dodged a bullet on this one since the appraisal does identify that it is clarity enhanced.

grviwi

Rough_Rock
Great to know, thanks for helping me avoid that mistake.

Back to looking

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results