shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with interpreting GIA report

Nathan-G

Rough_Rock
Hi there

Could someone please provide some insight if I should have any reason to be concerned with the following diamond and the cavity in the corner (princess cut): https://www.gia.edu/report-check?reportno=6331557440&s=1571307333947

Back story, I purchased a diamond from an online retailer, and was told that the diamond I selected was sold. The only other diamond that met my criteria is the above (but at an additional cost of $750) - we have negotiated that I will only pay $200 more. I was unable to see the cavity on the GIA info they had on their website.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to the forum :)

Princess cuts tend to have delicate corners at the best of times - I'm not sure I'd personally be keen on anything that might present a weakness.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with @OoohShiny and that cavity is right smack dab in/on the corner. Even though it’s a VVS1, I think I’d be more inclined to look elsewhere/keep shopping if this vendor cannot find one single alternative option in your budget.

Post your budget and desired specs, and the folks here will be happy to help you find options for consideration! :wavey:

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa! I had to blow up the pic but it is literally the corner. I would only take this diamond if I planned to bezel set it and keep the ring. It's not what most people do with a princes tho. I'd find something else.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results