shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with information on creating eternity band

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
I'm really leaning towards an asscher or emerald cut eternity band, largely based on the look I've seen online that I love. I do like step cuts a lot, unfortunately, I've only been able to see one of each in person in a full eternity band, and the asscher was way to small to even count for really.

I will have to have it custom made, my engagement ring has what I call a 'reverse taper,' it graduates larger towards the diamond, 2.6mm up to 3.6mm - I'd really like the eternity band to sit flush in height, as well as fit with the ER without too much of a gap between, so I really think custom is the route I'll likely have to go. Because I'm not able to see what I'm looking for in person, I'm sorting out some details based on what I have been able to see.

Today I saw a 3.98ct emerald cut eternity band, 26 stones total = .15ct each/ VS2 G/H for $16,870.00 CAD - this would equate to $648.00 CAD each stone - If I do a currency exchange, that's about $500.00 USD per stone, $13k USD for the complete ring. I did actually quite like it.

That seems overpriced though, doesn't it? Hypothetically speaking, if I were to create this exact ring on my own, what budget would I be looking at?

I did really like what I saw today, just trying to get a general budget breakdown for something similar that isn't brick and mortar pricing. I don't know how low in clarity I could go with emeralds or asscher, or how low in color I could go as well, but my solitaire is a J.

If possible, just based on what I saw today, what do you think I could create it for, and if I could lower either clarity and color, what could I also create it for with that info.

Thank you so much ! :wavey:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dont you have a round center for your ering?

So you are looking for smaller stones at the top near your center stone and then bigger stones as it goes down under your finger?
This just sounds like a waste of money to me (sorry, being blunt). I think if you want an asscher or emerald cut eternity band that
you should get one as a RHR with all the same size stones.

Edit...can you post a picture of your engagement ring?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not get one custom made. That has a lot more risk. And I also would not consider anything but a straight eternity band. There are times you may want to wear it alone. My only qualm is that one of these days the ring may not fit and you'd have to have it remade since eternities aren't sizeable.

Not 100% sure of the style you are thinking of, but here are some:

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/Platinum-Shared-Prong-Eternity-Band-25-Emerald-p/f3263s.htm (this is 4 cts total weight and 5mm wide. I would only buy this as a standalone ring or as the e-ring with a small plain band)

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/Platinum-Channel-Set-Eternity-Band-29-Asscher-p/f1577m.htm (3.3mm wide)

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/Platinum-Channel-Set-Eternity-Band-29-Asscher-p/f1577m.htm (2.9mm wide)

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
No, not at all. Perhaps I used the wrong word, height as in the thickness of both rings between my finger, I want that to be flush. This is the setting I have, with a round, yes.

https://www.idonowidont.com/sites/default/files/styles/product_display_full/public/diamonds/2015-01-08/img_79519_6c4f661dd99ca96b2d6b0686301eb65a.jpg?itok=mIDnNZeS

Example : http://www.bluenile.com/ca/wedding-...gBands&elem=img#matching-wedding-ring-rotator

Notice the gap between, if the eternity band isn't flush, that'll be overly extenuated, and look cumbersome and wonky. At least if I can marry the two bands in height, they'll look like a set. I don't want a RHR. The woman today mentioned using a wax mold to get the exact height of my engagement ring to match the future eternity band, however; I wouldn't use them to make it, but I did like their emerald eternity band, it's all I have to go on at the moment.

Edit : Blue nile isn't showing the ring, let me copy the image.

_1329.png

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally agree about having the two bands the same height. I really do not like it when the eternity ring is much larger and sticks out. I'd just try some that are returnable. Blue Nile does returns for stock items and has an emerald cut band.

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
That's good to know, how low in color and clarity can you go for asscher/emerald cuts? I do have a J solitaire, so I of course wouldn't want it to be too off. Anything else I should look for when choosing such eternity band?

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Have you tried on eternity bands with your ering? Even if a ring with rounds and not emerald/asscher. That would give you an idea of how wide/high you would want your band.
Not really sure what you mean re making the ring yourself?

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
I mean, should I have the band created the same as the one I saw, what would that price point be at. I think for a .15ct emerald cut being $500 USD each, is overpriced.

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! Yes I think H/I makes sense, I don't want the solitaire to show too much warmth in contrast. I do like the ring you posted, I think I prefer longer emerald cuts if that makes sense? It's so hard for me to know because I haven't been able to physically see too many in person. The one I saw the other day were long and skinny, is there a term for this, maybe elongated emerald?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamond5678

Rough_Rock
i have been searching for this today--

is there any guide for asscher eternity bands, where total carat weight corresponds to approximate mm thickness of the band, or a corresponding photo? there are so many rings listed online like bluenile but so few have photos that show how thick it is on a finger.

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamond5678|1471288868|4066315 said:

is there any guide for asscher eternity bands, where total carat weight corresponds to approximate mm thickness of the band, or a corresponding photo? there are so many rings listed online like bluenile but so few have photos that show how thick it is on a finger.

Ok, the most probable reason you havent found anything is because there are too many factors that need to be weighed in to that mathematical equation. The choice of setting, how high you want the stones set, the dimensions (m.m) of the stones, the size of your finger etc. This means that a jeweler would rather make the ring for your finger than create some system to calculate this. Contact a jeweler and ask.
What you can do is to look at the approx dimensions of asschers in a specific carat size. This will tell you the absolute minimum thickness for the band.

diamond5678

Rough_Rock

thanks! is there a mm height or the stone or 'thickness' i should shy away from so that the band doesn't push the other fingers away? if that makes sense. i would hate to have a jeweler make a ring and it end up too bulky after the fact.

(this photo sort of shows what i mean)

5151a4da39685a64aee32246e8bd8b6b.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What you want is a band that matches the height off the finger of the e-ring. Most e-ring shanks will not have a height over about 2mm. If you get an eternity with large stones, it likely will stick out to the sides farther than the e-ring when you look down at the hand. I hate that look and always keep that in mind when buying bands.

The only vendor I know of that gives both the width of the finished ring and the height off the finger is The Facets Collection. Otherwise, you have to ask a jeweler to measure the height precisely and know what height you need.

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/Platinum-Channel-Set-Eternity-Band-28-Asscher-p/f1870s.htm

diamond5678

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1471354112|4066563 said:

What you want is a band that matches the height off the finger of the e-ring. Most e-ring shanks will not have a height over about 2mm. If you get an eternity with large stones, it likely will stick out to the sides farther than the e-ring when you look down at the hand. I hate that look and always keep that in mind when buying bands.

The only vendor I know of that gives both the width of the finished ring and the height off the finger is The Facets Collection. Otherwise, you have to ask a jeweler to measure the height precisely and know what height you need.

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/Platinum-Channel-Set-Eternity-Band-28-Asscher-p/f1870s.htm

thank you! i won't be wearing it with the e-ring as a 'height guide' so this is very helpful info. i just wanted to know what would feel comfortable on the finger.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, I see. A stand-alone eternity is a whole different matter. Those you have to try on. Height is determined by diamond size and setting height, obviously, so bands with 20 pointers, for example, may be different heights due to the particular settings. I'd probably only consider going custom if I used Victor Canera or Steven Kirsch. Tiffany is a good place to try on bands to get an idea of sizes you like. They set their low and that is what you want in an eternity.

diamond5678

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1471355162|4066566 said:
Ah, I see. A stand-alone eternity is a whole different matter. Those you have to try on. Height is determined by diamond size and setting height, obviously, so bands with 20 pointers, for example, may be different heights due to the particular settings. I'd probably only consider going custom if I used Victor Canera or Steven Kirsch. Tiffany is a good place to try on bands to get an idea of sizes you like. They set their low and that is what you want in an eternity.

thank you for the suggestion!

CTsparkle13

Shiny_Rock
I have a 4 carat emerald cut eternity band. The diamonds are all G color and VS2 quality set in platinum. I love love love it! Hope this helps

_38037.jpg

_38038.jpg

_38039.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results