clarity

help with engagement ring

piano

Rough_Rock
But fluorescence is Strong.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aset and IS are good. What are the proportions and report number? (Ensure the stone is on hold)
Edit. I guess this is the VVS istase posted.

Fluo is highly subjective. As long as it does not cause hazyness, i personally like.

piano

Rough_Rock
Yes, that is the one, H/VVS1, flyingpig.
Fluorescence gets me concern too. As I mentioned way b4, I'd preferred None/Faint only; Medium is out of league :(
This one got Strong blue, maybe it's the reason why the price is low. :)

They don't have the IS/ASET images for the stone you've suggested, m8.

I'm pulling my hair now.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you ask for the IS/ASET on the VS2?

mcosme

Shiny_Rock
Hi piano,

Take a look at this video, it compares 2 H colors (1 with strong blue fluorescence) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVhkQ-tKVG8
As long as you can ask them to confirm there are no negative effects (haziness, milkiness, cloudiness), I have a stone with strong blue fluorescence and it's very beautiful.

PS: It's such a good price, I would place an order to hold it while you decide (and select wire/pay later)!

piano

Rough_Rock
flyingpig|1459804213|4015383 said:
Did you ask for the IS/ASET on the VS2?
I did to no available.
Other wise, I would post them here.

piano

Rough_Rock
Just a quick question.
People keep saying "tell them to hold it" or "put it on hold", what does that mean?
Does that mean I have to place an order, pay in full?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
piano|1459816199|4015467 said:
Just a quick question.
People keep saying "tell them to hold it" or "put it on hold", what does that mean?
You have to ask the vendor what their hold procedure is. Schuss they can vary from vendor to vendor

piano

Rough_Rock
PintoBean|1459816361|4015468 said:
piano|1459816199|4015467 said:
Just a quick question.
You have to ask the vendor what their hold procedure is. Schuss they can vary from vendor to vendor
Thank you so much for your super quick response, PintoBean.
B2CJ asked me to place an order to hold it. Kind of odd but well, I guess it's their policy.

piano

Rough_Rock
Is it safe to pay over bank-wire? I would save $100 over credit card but wondering what would happen if returning

piano

Rough_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
piano|1459818186|4015479 said:
http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-8190165-0.90-carat-Round-diamond-H-color-VVS1-clarity.aspx

I really want to take this stone and be done with searching.
Do I make a right choice? Please advice.
IS/ASET provided (if they are true) look good.
HCA# < 2.
Fluor is Strong.

I like it. Did you make sure it isn't over-blue.

mcosme

Shiny_Rock
piano|1459817200|4015473 said:
What do you gurus think about this simple setting? She surely doesn't want any fancy one
http://www.b2cjewels.com/Round/1/3193/Traditional-Solitaire-Settings/Ageless-Solitaire-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-18K-White-Gold-(2.0-mm).aspx

Do you think it's too cheap? Any other recommendation is welcomed and appreciated.

Actually, this one is the one I like most. I mean its style
http://www.bluenile.com/build-your-own-ring/white-gold-engagement-ring-setting_19287?elem=title&track=product
Is this the setting you are looking at from B2C? http://www.b2cjewels.com/Traditiona...ment-Ring-14K-White-Gold-(2.0-mm)-5913-1.aspx

It's a nice simple setting, I don't think it looks cheap, but I think the stone is set a bit high. Is there any chance they can make the stone sit lower like the blue nile version? Are you getting gold or platinum?
http://www.bluenile.com/build-your-own-ring/solitaire-engagement-ring-white-gold_19788?elem=img&track=product

piano

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1459831242|4015567 said:
piano|1459818186|4015479 said:
http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-8190165-0.90-carat-Round-diamond-H-color-VVS1-clarity.aspx

I really want to take this stone and be done with searching.
Do I make a right choice? Please advice.
IS/ASET provided (if they are true) look good.
HCA# < 2.
Fluor is Strong.

I like it. Did you make sure it isn't over-blue.
Great to see your thought, Gypsy.

Honestly, I don't have the stone at hand, so everything is from the vendor or whatever they say. I've talked to few of them, all of them claim their stones are eye-clean, super bright, nothing to worry about, worst case if I don't like it then return.
I trust them to provide true information.
That's all.
How do I make sure it isn't over-blue? I personally don't like anything on the other side of spectrum from Medium but maybe, it is not that bad or if some gurus talk me into it? :)

piano

Rough_Rock
istase2000|1459847194|4015595 said:
piano|1459817200|4015473 said:
What do you gurus think about this simple setting? She surely doesn't want any fancy one
http://www.b2cjewels.com/Round/1/3193/Traditional-Solitaire-Settings/Ageless-Solitaire-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-18K-White-Gold-(2.0-mm).aspx

Do you think it's too cheap? Any other recommendation is welcomed and appreciated.

Actually, this one is the one I like most. I mean its style
http://www.bluenile.com/build-your-own-ring/white-gold-engagement-ring-setting_19287?elem=title&track=product
Is this the setting you are looking at from B2C? http://www.b2cjewels.com/Traditiona...ment-Ring-14K-White-Gold-(2.0-mm)-5913-1.aspx

It's a nice simple setting, I don't think it looks cheap, but I think the stone is set a bit high. Is there any chance they can make the stone sit lower like the blue nile version? Are you getting gold or platinum?
http://www.bluenile.com/build-your-own-ring/solitaire-engagement-ring-white-gold_19788?elem=img&track=product

I really don't have much knowledge about it. Only choosing from the look, the style and the material, that's all I know.
And I intend to go with 18K whiteG.

piano

Rough_Rock
Any more advice/feedback/thought before I pull the trigger?

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the price is highly attractive. I like strong fluo, but that's me

mcosme

Shiny_Rock
Did they say the gemologist reviewed the stone and said that there is no haziness/milkiness from the fluorescence? Sometimes you need to be pushy and ask them more than once.

Looks like you pulled the trigger, would love to see the finished product! :dance:

piano

Rough_Rock
final call, please.
Are they good enough?

Thanks all

aimg.jpg

_36944.jpg

_36945.jpg

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning

piano

Rough_Rock
I pulled the trigger.
Wheewww!!!
I won't look back, certain hope so :)

I want to thank everyone who have spent time helping me, special thanks to PintoBean, istate2000, many others and especially flyingpig who's with me from day one.
Very appreciate!

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
let us know how you like the stone when you get it :dance:
I really hope strong fluo does not bother you and your partner. If that's the case, you got a killer deal.

piano

Rough_Rock
Will do,
I hope I won't be disappointed.

piano

Rough_Rock
While at work, I got a voicemail from vendor saying they've messed up with the certificate. I called back and they claimed that they sent me the wrong one and asked me to send it back. When they receive it from me, they will send me the correct one. I asked them why not sending out the one that I should have now instead of waiting for my return, after put me on hold for a while, they said the one that I should have, had sent to the wrong person and they are waiting for the return also, nothing they can do but sorry.
I don't like that, really don't like that. :(

I went home and got the package and indeed, it came with the I/VS2 certificate.
At first, I really want to send the cert. back tomorrow so I can get my good one asap but now, with my untrained eyes, I start to believe they actually sent me an I/VS2 stone too, not just a cert. :(

I hate that feeling, I'm sure I'll carry that thought until everything straightens out. Sigh!!!!

I'm already thinking about return the whole thing and start over again instead of going through all this.

As mentioned b4, I carefully looked for a good one, bought it and be done but I guess I start counting up to 30 days from now.

Sigh!!!

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
piano|1460595276|4019057 said:
* * * I went home and got the package and indeed, it came with the I/VS2 certificate.
At first, I really want to send the cert. back tomorrow so I can get my good one asap but now, with my untrained eyes, I start to believe they actually sent me an I/VS2 stone too, not just a cert. :(
I hate that feeling, I'm sure I'll carry that thought until everything straightens out. Sigh!!!!
I'm already thinking about return the whole thing and start over again instead of going through all this.
As mentioned b4, I carefully looked for a good one, bought it and be done but I guess I start counting up to 30 days from now.
Sigh!!!
I checked the GIA report for your H-VVS1 diamond; the stone is laser-inscribed with the GIA report number. So that should make it easy to verify that you received the stone you ordered.

As for returning and starting over, let me share one of my grandmother's sayings: "don't cut off your nose to spite your face" ;)) Your disappointment in this snafu is surely understandable. You spent a considerable amount of time and thoughtful attention over the course of a month or so before making your final selection of a good stone within your budget. But to repeat that, following a return, will involve more "going through all this" than checking out the laser inscription & awaiting the GIA report. So I hope you soon feel better about it.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

piano

Rough_Rock
MollyMalone|1460598246|4019085 said:
piano|1460595276|4019057 said:
* * * I went home and got the package and indeed, it came with the I/VS2 certificate.
Sigh!!!
I checked the GIA report for your H-VVS1 diamond; the stone is laser-inscribed with the GIA report number. So that should make it easy to verify that you received the stone you ordered.

As for returning and starting over, let me share one of my grandmother's sayings: "don't cut off your nose to spite your face" ;)) Your disappointment in this snafu is surely understandable. You spent a considerable amount of time and thoughtful attention over the course of a month or so before making your final selection of a good stone within your budget. But to repeat that, following a return, will involve more "going through all this" than checking out the laser inscription & awaiting the GIA report. So I hope you soon feel better about it.

At first, I thought I could trust them 100% but now I guess I have to find some sort of methods to verify the stone before sending the certificate back. I'm glad that it has the laser inscription as you've said.

Thanks, Molly

piano

Rough_Rock
flyingpig|1460606439|4019130 said:

Agreed!
I told them that I was looking for a set of wedding bands as well as the earrings after the e-ring.
I guess I have to look elsewhere :(

piano

Rough_Rock
Updated:
Now they sent me a pre-paid label and indicate I only have 5 days including Sat/Sun to ship back, otherwise, I void the RMA. :(
They want me to send in the whole package, not just the cert.
LOL :D
What the FEC!
I guess I have to call them again but I really don't think they can straighten things out.

Shake head!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results