shape
carat
color
clarity

help with engagement ring

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
promising. In fact, I think this could be it.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
piano said:
telephone89|1458245911|4006949 said:
Side ntoe - if your GF gets pregnant, please don't EVER call her fat. You will be missing a body part or be in a lot of pain :wall:

She will ask for a bigger stone if getting "fatter" j/k
No, don't worry, I won't be rude.

This is true... prepare for upgrades! [emoji56][emoji12]

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop04|1458322487|4007472 said:
piano said:
telephone89|1458245911|4006949 said:
Side ntoe - if your GF gets pregnant, please don't EVER call her fat. You will be missing a body part or be in a lot of pain :wall:

She will ask for a bigger stone if getting "fatter" j/k
No, don't worry, I won't be rude.

This is true... prepare for upgrades! [emoji56][emoji12]
:lol: :lol: Yes! Good answer OP ;-)

piano

Rough_Rock
Hmmmm

8129200_-_idealscope.jpg

8129200_-_aset.jpg

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know. Hmm.

Anyways, the diamond is highly likely tilted in these images. This has negative impacts on is/aset.

Keep shopping.

piano

Rough_Rock
flyingpig|1458591949|4009069 said:
I know. Hmm.

Anyways, the diamond is highly likely tilted in these images. This has negative impacts on is/aset.

Keep shopping.

Yes, I am :)
Since time doesn't align well for me, so I have to continue shopping and hopefully, I can get the one I like within the next 4 weeks (I'll see her again in my next trip).

My question, how do you, flying, Pinto, ... and everyone who has helped me, do a search? At first, I thought I know how to look for one (PriceScope is my only source) but it seems that I couldn't find a single good one while you guys indeed finding some awesome stones.
I'll give another month to search, if I couldn't find a great one, I guess I have to lower the choices. :(
Please help me.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You really like to stick to the 5k budget, which is good. It is a very reasonable budget. But since your current requirement is at least VS/0.9/H color under 4.5k ish, this really limits your search results. It will take time. Again, it can take months. Being slightly flexible with your budget helps, say 5k for diamond only.

I have been searching. Will let you know if I find one.

Contacting the vendor directly and asking them to find a stone according to your specification and budget may help.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still like the WF G SI-1 I picked earlier. :dance:

piano

Rough_Rock
Thanks all, EB, flyingpig, PintoBean, etc.

I'll give myself a couple more weeks to search for my wanted, if I still couldn't get one, I might have to either lower the clarity and go with SI1 (which I really don't want to) or I have to up-budget to $5K just for the stone.

@Pinto,
I still keep your suggestion in my mind, it's just that I shy away from SI. I might give it a go if I couldn't get anything else.
Your help is very appreciated.

piano

Rough_Rock
flyingpig|1458706405|4009690 said:
http://diamonddealfinder.com/enquiry.php?id_field=2876680

A stone I would personally buy even without the IS, especially considering the appearance, the price and 4Cs, and with CanadaMark certification

I've contacted that vendor a day or two, no response whatsoever. :(
Who are they anyway? if I want the setting also, how do I get from them?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The diamond most likely is abroad somewhere, like in India...

piano

Rough_Rock
PintoBean|1459521442|4014149 said:
The diamond most likely is abroad somewhere, like in India...
They said their partner is in Asia, could be Malaysia, China, ...

mcosme

Shiny_Rock
B2C provided me with image, ASET, idealscope, hearts image and arrow image for a stone located in India... I guess it depends on their diamond partner. If you order the stone they can definitely provide you with those images once it gets shipped to NY. Then you can decide to keep or get a refund.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
couple things I wanted to add:

I've worked with eternitybyyoni for both my and my now-wife's engagement ring (we are a same-sex couple, so 2 engagement rings). Yoni is awesome- I highly recommend this vendor.

also, you can ask any vendor to make you a 5.25 ring size. It may not be an option in a pull-down menu, so do a chat or make a call and order it in the exact size she wears.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
also, unless you have microscopic vision, you might like an eye-clean SI1 for the savings. Both our rings are eye-clean SI1s.

piano

Rough_Rock
istase2000|1459545106|4014306 said:
B2C provided me with image, ASET, idealscope, hearts image and arrow image for a stone located in India... I guess it depends on their diamond partner. If you order the stone they can definitely provide you with those images once it gets shipped to NY. Then you can decide to keep or get a refund.

I understand that but I really don't want to "buy then return", somehow, it's against my philosophy :)
If I buy now, don't like, then decide to return on 3 or more stone, I bet B2C wouldn't be too happy about it. So I'd rather get one shot and be done with it.
But again, it seems hard to get those images from them/their partners.
I've only gotten one back so far and it didn't look great at all even though HCA# was 1.7.
It sounds like only a few vendors such BGD, WF, etc. do have IS/ASET images for their stones.

piano

Rough_Rock
HappyNewLife|1459548335|4014320 said:
also, unless you have microscopic vision, you might like an eye-clean SI1 for the savings. Both our rings are eye-clean SI1s.
Well, my first choice is at least VS, but I guess if I have no other choice that I like, I might have to downgrade to SI :(
Maybe I'm too picky :(

piano

Rough_Rock
flyingpig|1459549681|4014335 said:
http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-8220386-0.90-carat-Round-diamond-H-color-VS2-Clarity.aspx?sku=8220386&utm_source=pricescope.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pricescope.com
Not available, m8.
I've seen stones come and gone fairly quick.
Whoever bought them don't care about IS/ASET image? Or maybe I am so into those images and that could be a bad thing :wall:

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The H VS2 was a steal under 4k (bank wire). The price justifies any inconvienence and cost associated with return, if you happen to dislike it. It is a stone I would personally buy without the ASET and get it in my hand at least.

Both the G/VS1 and H/VS2 are gone. I am not surprised given the 4Cs, proportions, and price.

Even in PS, some recommend and buy stones without the ASET/IS, especially around Valentines and Christmas when many vendors are unable to provide the ASET/IS. Of course, I am not recommending you to buy a stone without the ASET/IS. Only you know how much assurance you need.

piano

Rough_Rock
flyingpig|1459624376|4014669 said:
The H VS2 was a steal under 4k (bank wire). The price justifies any inconvienence and cost associated with return, if you happen to dislike it. It is a stone I would personally buy without the ASET and get it in my hand at least.

Both the G/VS1 and H/VS2 are gone. I am not surprised given the 4Cs, proportions, and price.

Even in PS, some recommend and buy stones without the ASET/IS, especially around Valentines and Christmas when many vendors are unable to provide the ASET/IS. Of course, I am not recommending you to buy a stone without the ASET/IS. Only you know how much assurance you need.
Understood, thanks a lot for your help, flyingpig.
I used to think if any stone with HCA# below 2, I would buy it w/o thinking too much but the more I read the more I am into the IS/ASET. Maybe I am too picky :(.
I really want to relax a bit but somehow those IS/ASET images keep creeping up my mind :)
Well, I guess in the next 2 weeks, I have to pull a trigger either stone w/o IS/ASET images or lower the grade.

Just a note, all of the help here are very appreciated.

mcosme

Shiny_Rock
What do you guys think about these two from B2C?
Stock Number:

mcosme

Shiny_Rock
Actually one of the ones I found is the H VS2 flyingpig posted, it's back in stock!

piano

Rough_Rock
Again, thanks istase2000.

They both look great on spec. especially HCA#.
Between the two, w/o any knowledge, ones would pick the one with better clarity, the VVS1, I would do the same but why it is cheaper than the others, in fact, very cheap for VVS1. Why?
The other stone, it was gone and back in stock, does that mean someone had bought it, and didn't like it? :(

piano

Rough_Rock
Please provide me your thoughts, very appreciate.

is.jpeg

hna.jpeg

img1.jpeg

_2860.jpeg

piano

Rough_Rock
Don't really know what it is :(

whatisit.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results