shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Diamond Choice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asbrun

Rough_Rock
Hi all- this site has been extremely helpful in my education about diamonds. I have narrowed my choices for an engagement ring to an asscher, radiant, or cushion. I am having a very hard time deciding which direction to go in. I love a squarish shape with trapezoid side stones, so I am thinking about an asscher or radiant with the traps. I love the way the asscher looks but am concerned about the lack of sparkle. I know radiants sparkle more, but I am concerned about the "crushed glass" look that is mentioned on this site. And I love cushion cuts, but am still searching for a setting I like, and would probably have to forgo the side stones and go with a solitaire setting. I have a size 7, short finger. I am assuming my stone will be about 1 carat, but I am not sure about that. Any advice/opinions as to which one I should lean towards? I appreicate any help!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Hi Asbrun. It sounds like you have the lay of the land. Any of those shapes can be beautiful; they do have different looks, and within each shape you have different flavors. Fancies are a fun journey.

You can type Asscher in the search window and bring up hundreds of threads with great info. The other shapes are not as frequently discussed but here are a couple of conversations I remember: Radiant

There are many threads in the "Show Me The Ring" forum with photos, and if you begin a thread asking about a specific diamond or two you'll get input. With fancy shapes expect to be able to produce magnified photos, ideal-scope and aset images for opinions. It's also prudent to establish a relationship with a professional you trust to give an in-person description & judgment of the diamond in-hand.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results