shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Diamond Choice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asbrun

Rough_Rock
Hi all- this site has been extremely helpful in my education about diamonds. I have narrowed my choices for an engagement ring to an asscher, radiant, or cushion. I am having a very hard time deciding which direction to go in. I love a squarish shape with trapezoid side stones, so I am thinking about an asscher or radiant with the traps. I love the way the asscher looks but am concerned about the lack of sparkle. I know radiants sparkle more, but I am concerned about the "crushed glass" look that is mentioned on this site. And I love cushion cuts, but am still searching for a setting I like, and would probably have to forgo the side stones and go with a solitaire setting. I have a size 7, short finger. I am assuming my stone will be about 1 carat, but I am not sure about that. Any advice/opinions as to which one I should lean towards? I appreicate any help!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Hi Asbrun. It sounds like you have the lay of the land. Any of those shapes can be beautiful; they do have different looks, and within each shape you have different flavors. Fancies are a fun journey.

You can type Asscher in the search window and bring up hundreds of threads with great info. The other shapes are not as frequently discussed but here are a couple of conversations I remember: Radiant

There are many threads in the "Show Me The Ring" forum with photos, and if you begin a thread asking about a specific diamond or two you'll get input. With fancy shapes expect to be able to produce magnified photos, ideal-scope and aset images for opinions. It's also prudent to establish a relationship with a professional you trust to give an in-person description & judgment of the diamond in-hand.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Who was Jean Schlumberger?
    Who was Jean Schlumberger?
    The Jewelry of Disney's Cruella
    The Jewelry of Disney's Cruella
    He Said, "Yes!"
    He Said, "Yes!"

Need expert help finding that diamonds?

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.