shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with David Klass CAD's (pretty please). :)

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I'd ask for the petals of the halo to be tilted ever so slightly, like the tilt on Frankieextah's iconic Emilya halo. Right now the halo is quite flat horizontally. That slight tilt would make the overall look and flow of the ring come together would give that extra 'je ne sais quoi' to the design.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do like the changes better than the original, which was already really pretty to begin with.
If it were me- because I think the petal angle/curvature is so important I'd pay extra to have a wax/3D printed model sent to me. That and also the shank shape would be something so different than what I am used to.
Thanks. That's a great idea. :D

It’s so pretty, Elle! I love the changes.
Thank you. :D

The petals of the original design are proportionally smaller than the petals of your design.
The petals are different than the inspiration pic (and what I was expecting) but I actually really like them. They definitely have that floral vibe I was going for and they are spaced well so it should be easier to clean. :mrgreen2:

I really like this revision a lot, even if the petals are larger than the inspiration earrings / pendant set.
Thank you. I was expecting something different but I think these new petals look really proportional to the ring. :lol-2:

Personally, I'd ask for the petals of the halo to be tilted ever so slightly, like the tilt on Frankieextah's iconic Emilya halo. Right now the halo is quite flat horizontally. That slight tilt would make the overall look and flow of the ring come together would give that extra 'je ne sais quoi' to the design.
Thanks for your help. I did ask for the halo to be tilted so that should be accounted for in the revised CAD's. I'm terrible at interpreting CAD's but I thought I noticed a difference. Is it just not enough of a tilt? :shock:
Oh, I can't find the Emilya in question (that user didn't come up for me).

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is more of a tilt to the halo in the second round of CADs, you're right. But it seems to be more like the outer edge of the halo has been beveled with the rest of the halo being still flat, rather than the halo being tilted to flow with the angles and proportions of the center stone.

Sorry, typo on the user name, only one e in frankiextah. Here's the link. She remade the same halo THREE times before she got the halo proportions perfect. In my mind the final one has perhaps the perfect halo proportions. If you look at her ring you can see the halo from the profile view and how the halo is tilted from the inner edge (closest to center stone) to outer edge of the halo. Granted, it's a different design and style of ring but I think the tilt may have the same effect on the overall look and feel in your design. Just my 2¢ :wavey:

Caveat:
- Tilting the halo more may make your setting deeper, which might be why DK didn't do it.
- I wouldn't expect DK to make a Victor Canera caliber handforged ring since they are two very different kinds of jewelery designers, but the general principles can be relevant/helpful nonetheless.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-halo-ring-my-forever-setting-finally.164262/

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ond-in-victor-canera-emilya-halo-ring.181019/

Last edited:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is more of a tilt to the halo in the second round of CADs, you're right. But it seems to be more like the outer edge of the halo has been beveled with the rest of the halo being still flat, rather than the halo being tilted to flow with the angles and proportions of the center stone.

Sorry, typo on the user name, only one e in frankiextah. Here's the link. She remade the same halo THREE times before she got the halo proportions perfect. In my mind the final one has perhaps the perfect halo proportions. If you look at her ring you can see the halo from the profile view and how the halo is tilted from the inner edge (closest to center stone) to outer edge of the halo. Granted, it's a different design and style of ring but I think the tilt may have the same effect on the overall look and feel in your design. Just my 2¢ :wavey:

Caveat:
- Tilting the halo more may make your setting deeper, which might be why DK didn't do it.
- I wouldn't expect DK to make a Victor Canera caliber handforged ring since they are two very different kinds of jewelery designers, but the general principles can be relevant/helpful nonetheless.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-halo-ring-my-forever-setting-finally.164262/

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ond-in-victor-canera-emilya-halo-ring.181019/

Thank you for the helpful info and for the link to the ring in question. I see what you mean by a fully tilted halo. If it comes down to it, I would prefer the gem be set as low as possible, even if that means a slightly less tilted halo. :mrgreen2:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooooooooooooohh!
Did this just pop up?!!
So so so pretty!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When is it going to be done? We all want to see it!!!

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I want to see it too!!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I saw it on Instagram and it's gorgeous! I can't wait to see hand shots :love:

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s so pretty! How’s your ring coming, Elle?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rfisher @arkieb1 @pwsg07 @Sparkles88 @MissyBeaucoup
I can't beat you guys to the punch. You're all to quick for me...lol. :lol-2:

David Klass posted my ring on his instagram last night. Here's the link.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BbsgOZjleE9/?taken-by=davidklassjewelry
I don't have any glamour pics. :(2 He sent me the video shortly before it went up in Instagram. It should be going out in the mail today and (God willing) I should have it before Turkey Day! :mrgreen2:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooooh! it's spectacular!!!!

@Rfisher @arkieb1 @pwsg07 @Sparkles88 @MissyBeaucoup
I can't beat you guys to the punch. You're all to quick for me...lol. :lol-2:

David Klass posted my ring on his instagram last night. Here's the link.
I don't have any glamour pics. :(2 He sent me the video shortly before it went up in Instagram. It should be going out in the mail today and (God willing) I should have it before Turkey Day! :mrgreen2:

S

SparkliesLuver

I cannot wait to see your pictures, Elle! It looks really, really beautiful. I'm super excited for you! :)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot wait to see your pictures, Elle! It looks really, really beautiful. I'm super excited for you! :)

Thank you! That means a lot coming from you. :)
I will be posting lots of pics as soon as it comes in.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! Your ring looks divine. Great result

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my God, that is absolutely incredible! Great design, Elle! The proportions came out perfectly. :love:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ring is here!!! :dance: It's super crappy outside today but I took a couple pics during a lull in the rain. I'll definitely be taking more in the next couple days.

20171122_161542.jpg

20171122_161554.jpg 20171122_161520.jpg 20171122_161525.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow!

ETA: (that's a speechless kind of impressed)

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My ring is here!!! :dance: It's super crappy outside today but I took a couple pics during a lull in the rain. I'll definitely be taking more in the next couple days.

20171122_161542.jpg

20171122_161554.jpg 20171122_161520.jpg 20171122_161525.jpg

It's just perfection, I love it!!!
I hope you enjoy wearing this beauty for a very long time, how could you not, its stunning :love:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As per usual it's stunning!!!

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s incredible!!! It suits you so well

Congratulations and YES we need more pics!!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, This is really gorgeous! Love the shape of the halo, such a stunning statement piece!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring looks even more stunning on your hand. Gorgeous!!!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow!

ETA: (that's a speechless kind of impressed)
That's high praise indeed (and gave me a laugh so thank you). :P2

It's just perfection, I love it!!!
I hope you enjoy wearing this beauty for a very long time, how could you not, its stunning :love:
Thank you! It's definitely a beauty and I stare at my hand a LOT, while wearing it (guess I probably should hold off on driving for a while). lol o_O

As per usual it's stunning!!!
Thanks Arkie!

That is STUNNING!!!!! Absolutely breathtaking!!!!
Thank you! :D

It’s incredible!!! It suits you so well

Congratulations and YES we need more pics!!
Thank you! I admit, I was worried it would be too big for me but after a couple hours I was all good. :D

Wow, This is really gorgeous! Love the shape of the halo, such a stunning statement piece!
It is a statement ring for sure! :kiss2:

Your ring looks even more stunning on your hand. Gorgeous!!!
Thank you! Talk about finger coverage! :mrgreen2:

S

SparkliesLuver

It looks perfect, Elle! I wouldn't change a thing. Really. And I'm glad the possibility of it being too big wore off after a couple hours. ;-) lol

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like DK did a version of this with a sapphire!
I wonder if it's someone from PS? Handshots?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results