shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with 5 stone please

Scopes

Rough_Rock
Hi there! I’ve been following this site off and on for a few years and this is my first post. Appreciate the rich knowledge all of you/this forum provides and looking for thoughts/feedback. It’s my 20th wedding anniversary this year and I’ve been exploring a 5 stone diamond ring from Whiteflash. My husband is suggesting to go big - 60 pointer/3 carat. But I wear size 6 so not sure if that would work/be too wide. I’ve checked other threads and most don’t go higher than around 2.5 carats. Any suggestions or experience with this?

Thank you ☺️

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I think I would do the .5 unless you think you might suffer from DSS. I think .5 stones will give full finger coverage
for a size 6 while not going too far down between fingers.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a relative size difference between a .6 and a .5 on a size 6 finger. You'll have to use your imagination to picture
5 of them in a row!

! Capture.PNG

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you looked through this thread? It may help you as there are many different 5 stones of varying sizes shown on fingers.

Scopes

Rough_Rock
Personally, I think I would do the .5 unless you think you might suffer from DSS. I think .5 stones will give full finger coverage
for a size 6 while not going too far down between fingers.

Okay thanks for the feedback!!

Scopes

Rough_Rock
Here is a relative size difference between a .6 and a .5 on a size 6 finger. You'll have to use your imagination to picture
5 of them in a row!

! Capture.PNG

Love this - thank you for sharing!!

Scopes

Rough_Rock
Have you looked through this thread? It may help you as there are many different 5 stones of varying sizes shown on fingers.

I did see this thread but didn’t realize how long it was - just working through it - thank you!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
But I wear size 6 so not sure if that would work/be too wide. I’ve checked other threads and most don’t go higher than around 2.5 carats. Any suggestions or experience with this?

Thank you ☺️
IMO, .40ct each will be plenty big for a size 6 ring.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got a 5 stone ring with 5.5mm stones (colored stones so not going to post here), but its huge! Even on my middle finger (size eight) it feels big, so for a smaller finger I would say 4mm or maybe 4.5mm in a low enough setting

I'm the dissenting voice who would go with the 60 pointers, depending on the cost difference. I love really big eternities / part-eternities. But I don't find stones between the fingers uncomfortable!

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
2745D2C6-55BE-4697-AF60-3D1D65AA92C2.jpeg
My five stone has .50ct each stones on a size 6 ring. It would be hard for me to picture it fitting comfortably with much bigger size stones. For me, mine feels like it fits perfectly, the sides come up just between my fingers.
.60ct each would be gorgeously sparkly though!

Scopes

Rough_Rock
I just got a 5 stone ring with 5.5mm stones (colored stones so not going to post here), but its huge! Even on my middle finger (size eight) it feels big, so for a smaller finger I would say 4mm or maybe 4.5mm in a low enough setting

Okay thank you for the feedback!

Scopes

Rough_Rock
2745D2C6-55BE-4697-AF60-3D1D65AA92C2.jpeg
My five stone has .50ct each stones on a size 6 ring. It would be hard for me to picture it fitting comfortably with much bigger size stones. For me, mine feels like it fits perfectly, the sides come up just between my fingers.
.60ct each would be gorgeously sparkly though!

Thank you for sharing the photo! It looks like a very good fit .

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there! I’ve been following this site off and on for a few years and this is my first post. Appreciate the rich knowledge all of you/this forum provides and looking for thoughts/feedback. It’s my 20th wedding anniversary this year and I’ve been exploring a 5 stone diamond ring from Whiteflash. My husband is suggesting to go big - 60 pointer/3 carat. But I wear size 6 so not sure if that would work/be too wide. I’ve checked other threads and most don’t go higher than around 2.5 carats. Any suggestions or experience with this?

Thank you ☺️

I love larger stone bands. I have 5 stone with .45 pointers on size 6 finger. It has great finger coverage without issues between the fingers. Not sure if .60 pointers will cause issue.

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
Another vote for the 2.5 if you are going to wear it daily. Mine is 2.5ct on a 6.75 finger and it offers full coverage without rubbing the other fingers. Very comfortable!

Minka

Rough_Rock
I’m also looking for a 5 stone ring for our anniversary and have been going back and forth between .5 points and .6 each— so I hear you!

For comparison, below is a picture of my size 7 finger (right hand) trying on a 6.5 comfort fit Memoire band with .6o pointers- for 3ctw. It looks HUGE and has a ton of presence so I loved the size, but to be honest I also tried a 2.5 ctw at my jewlers and if you have a smaller ring size (and you do) then I think you’d like the .50 pointers and the ring would still have a ton of presence.

The final verdict will be when my new ring arrives and I can weigh in. I feel greedy because I keep wanting bigger when I try them on. Oh dear!

Good luck with your hunting!

PS:
I found that trying on many different sizes/settings at local B&M stores helps.

36389C33-485F-4165-B978-89A191E639E3.jpeg 51A294CB-DD9F-450B-B578-174F25B80DBC.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results