carat
color
clarity

Help with 2ct 34/41 57%

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
2.04 is not worth the extra money.
The 2.14 is very similar in cut quality to 1, slightly bigger, slightly heavier and slightly more expensive.
Either one would work. 2.14 or #1.
As with all lab diamonds ask them to verify it is not cloudy and not having transparency issues.

FinanceMan1212

Rough_Rock
2.04 is not worth the extra money.
The 2.14 is very similar in cut quality to 1, slightly bigger, slightly heavier and slightly more expensive.
Either one would work. 2.14 or #1.
As with all lab diamonds ask them to verify it is not cloudy and not having transparency issues.
I was watching the live video of the diamond and noticed a yellow light reflecting. What does this mean? Should I stay away? Screenshot_20210817-050229_Chrome.jpg

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I was watching the live video of the diamond and noticed a yellow light reflecting. What does this mean? Should I stay away? Screenshot_20210817-050229_Chrome.jpg

I think that is probably a flash of table glare from exterior lighting.

You seem to be a very discerning shopper, which I really find admirable. Because of that, I'm going to nitpick them all and say: none of these diamonds.
There is a uniformity problem with the arrow shafts sizing not being equal in all of them and signs of slight pavilion twist: for the GCAL diamonds which show the H&A images.
Can't comment about the GIA diamond since there isn't any H&A images.

Last edited:

FinanceMan1212

Rough_Rock

You seem to be a very discerning shopper, which I really find admirable. Because of that, I'm going to nitpick them all and say: none of these diamonds.
There is a uniformity problem with the arrow shafts sizing not being equal in all of them and signs of slight pavilion twist: for the GCAL diamonds which show the H&A images.
Thank you for the response. Who else does the H&A images? Personally, for the money I think they are great diamonds.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
If I were in the market for a LGD (and not it a hurry) I would wait and see what WolfCBI will be putting out for inventory sometime this month. I suspect there will be some beauties to choose from with images to back them up.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I agree with @DejaWiz. Since you are discerning, it might be worth using a concierge service, or having a diamond custom cut for you. I highly recommend @Rhino of Distinctive Gem if you choose to go that route.

If not, share your priorities, and people will be happy to recommend diamonds for you.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Reflection of an LED light it caught just right to reflect that way.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Yes the cutter needs to control the lowers a little better as each has some variation. They were all cut by the same company.
They are not twisted, the lowers are a bit uneven in length.
In this case its not enough of an issue to keep them from being beautiful diamonds.

FinanceMan1212

Rough_Rock
I agree with @DejaWiz. Since you are discerning, it might be worth using a concierge service, or having a diamond custom cut for you. I highly recommend @Rhino of Distinctive Gem if you choose to go that route.

If not, share your priorities, and people will be happy to recommend diamonds for you.

I wouldn't say I'm discerning, I love all 3 that I posted. Just want to make sure I am missing something. Not sure how noticing a light reflection and wondering if that is due to external or internal features makes me discerning.

FinanceMan1212

Rough_Rock
If I were in the market for a LGD (and not it a hurry) I would wait and see what WolfCBI will be putting out for inventory sometime this month. I suspect there will be some beauties to choose from with images to back them up.

Is that a company or an individual? I am headed to Greece in 4 weeks and will need a diamond ASAP.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Yes the cutter needs to control the lowers a little better as each has some variation. They were all cut by the same company.
In this case its not enough of an issue to keep them from being beautiful diamonds.

As a learning moment for myself: uneven lowers can cause the slightly twisted look of the chevron tips at the culet?
(at least for the first two, since the third one appears to have pretty straight tips)

1 311880009.JPG

2 310970154.JPG

3 310970154.JPG

FinanceMan1212

Rough_Rock

I see what you mean now. I checked wolfcbi and they had a 40k diamond with the H&A below. Def looks better.. But not 4x better haha. Screenshot_20210817-123201_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210817-123330_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210817-123201_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210817-123330_Chrome.jpg

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't say I'm discerning, I love all 3 that I posted. Just want to make sure I am missing something. Not sure how noticing a light reflection and wondering if that is due to external or internal features makes me discerning.

My comment wasn't based on you noticing a light reflection, it is based on you targeting a very strict set of parameters: LGD colorless 2+ carat, 34/41/57, GIA or GCAL, and H&A/advanced images.

That being said, I have ZERO issue with you being discerning, so please do not take that as a detraction.
A diamond is a big purchase.
You (and everyone else) should be as discerning as you want to be in order to get exactly what you want in trade for choosing to open your wallet for such a product.

If I were to scale back the nitpicking, then I would say option #1 offers the best value, by far, for the 4Cs and checks all of my own boxes:
1. GCAL excellent down the line
2. HPHT method
3. E color
4. VS2 clarity

FinanceMan1212

Rough_Rock
My comment wasn't based on you noticing a light reflection, it is based on you targeting a very strict set of parameters: LGD colorless 2+ carat, 34/41/57, GIA or GCAL, and H&A/advanced images.

That being said, I have ZERO issue with you being discerning, so please do not take that as a detraction.
A diamond is a big purchase.
You (and everyone else) should be as discerning as you want to be in order to get exactly what you want in trade for choosing to open your wallet for such a product.

If I were to scale back the nitpicking, then I would say option #1 offers the best value, by far, for the 4Cs and checks all of my own boxes:
1. GCAL excellent down the line
2. HPHT method
3. E color
4. VS2 clarity

You've been a huge help!! Last question. There is also a 2.14ct F VS1 for $400 more. I know most people try to get eye clean and then get the best color they can, however this is a larger diamond and I truly can't tell the difference between E&F.. especially once it's set. Can you take a look and let me know if everything else is comparable and the 2.14 would be better value?

Screenshot_20210816-224916_Chrome~2.jpg

Screenshot_20210817-100222_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210817-130328_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20210817-055755_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210817-130346_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20210817-055803_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210817-130450_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20210817-055746_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210816-222958_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210816-222958_Photos.jpg
    448.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20210817-130328_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210817-130328_Photos.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20210817-130346_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210817-130346_Photos.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20210817-053751_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210817-053751_Chrome.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20210817-123201_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210817-123201_Chrome.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 2

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Is that a company or an individual? I am headed to Greece in 4 weeks and will need a diamond ASAP.

WolfCBI is a company that carries some of the finest diamonds in the world! Many of us who have purchased natural diamonds from Wink are thrilled that the company has started selling Lab Grown Diamonds and although they are not yet visible on the website you can call Wink directly to get the information you're looking for 208-371-8251. He can have you set with a killer new diamond before you head to Greece.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
As a learning moment for myself: uneven lowers can cause the slightly twisted look of the chevron tips at the culet?
(at least for the first two, since the third one appears to have pretty straight tips)

1 311880009.JPG

2 310970154.JPG

3 310970154.JPG

If everything else looks ok the bent tips are 90+% of the time a setup/alignment issue with the photo/scope/diamond.
The other 10% its Facet Yaw which is not twist and there are other signs of it around the heart points in the first image at 9 and 5 o'clock hearts.
Its enough to make it not h&a in my opinion but not enough to harm the visual performance.
Its lumped in there with the cutter needs to control the lowers better if they want to be true h&a.
The second image shows Yaw on 2 hearts at 5 and 11 o'clock.
If you want to get super picky enlarge the third image and it has some also.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
If everything else looks ok the bent tips are 90+% of the time a setup/alignment issue with the photo/scope/diamond.
The other 10% its Facet Yaw which is not twist and there are other signs of it around the heart points in the first image at 9 and 5 o'clock hearts.
Its enough to make it not h&a in my opinion but not enough to harm the visual performance.
Its lumped in there with the cutter needs to control the lowers better if they want to be true h&a.

Thank you, Karl_K - this helps a ton to understand what is going on with those.

FinanceMan1212

Rough_Rock

Is this 34/41 okay with the angles?

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Being discerning is a good thing. It's a compliment. Good luck with your diamond.

Last edited:

FinanceMan1212

Rough_Rock
Thank you, Karl_K - this helps a ton to understand what is going on with those.
Can you take a look at my last question to Karl regarding the 2ct vs 2.14ct. Would love your input as well

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Can you take a look at my last question to Karl regarding the 2ct vs 2.14ct. Would love your input as well

Although I like the bigger spread of the 2.14ct better, I do like that the 2.0ct appears to have slightly better symmetry precision and less pronounced CVD striations (especially in the Fire videos). I would choose the 2.0ct between these two.

But, it's a tough call.

FinanceMan1212

Rough_Rock
Although I like the bigger spread of the 2.14ct better, I do like that the 2.0ct appears to have slightly better symmetry precision and less pronounced CVD striations (especially in the Fire videos). I would choose the 2.0ct between these two.

But, it's a tough call.

Yeah the spread of 8.36 is Def better than the 8.18 but the angles and cuts look better. LGF% is a little shorter at 76 compared to 77 though.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Yeah the spread of 8.36 is Def better than the 8.18 but the angles and cuts look better. LGF% is a little shorter at 76 compared to 77 though.

I prefer an LGF between 75-76% for the bigger/chunkier arrows that result.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results