shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with 2.62ct SI2 OMB from OWD

McLaren

Rough_Rock
Hi All

I am looking at purchasing a diamond posted on Adams instagram earlier this week. I instantly fell in love with the chubbiness, the faceting and the proportions - it ticks all my boxes!

http://instagr.am/p/CFh_l3DHWwV/
She's a GIA N SI2, but Adam said he was hoping she'd come back as an L - and that the deep crystal shows up more on the video than in person.

I've never had an SI2 before, and as I'm in Aus, I can't have the diamond posted to me for personal review.

Here is the GIA report:

Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 12.22.27 pm.png Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 12.22.16 pm.png

Would this crystal bother you on such a chubby faceted stone? Has anyone had experience with an inclusion that showed up more on the video than in person? Does anyone think perhaps I should ask for more videos in other lighting conditions?

I regard Adam very highly and this isn't a post to question him in any way. I'm just looking for advice from the experts!

It would be sitting next to my AVC wedding band with L/M stones.

LLJsmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would request videos in more and different lighting environments, and maybe even rooms with darker walls. Maybe he would be willing to do that...

It's a very pretty stone. :)

McLaren

Rough_Rock
I would request videos in more and different lighting environments, and maybe even rooms with darker walls. Maybe he would be willing to do that...

It's a very pretty stone. :)
Thanks you @LLJsmom I agree, it's very pretty and I think I gasped out loud when I saw it for the first time! I will ask Adam if he's willing to provide some extra videos to help.

maryjane04

Shiny_Rock
I think videos are highly magnified and it's probably harder to see if you shrink it down to life size. Depends how eagle eyed you are but definitely ask for more videos and try to view them at a distance.
P.s it's a beautiful stone, Adam picks really nice ones :kiss2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d trust Adam on this.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    5.5 Carat Diamond Upgrade
    5.5 Carat Diamond Upgrade
    Style File: Julia Roberts
    Style File: Julia Roberts
    Top 5 Honeymoon Destinations
    Top 5 Honeymoon Destinations

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.