shape
carat
color
clarity

Help - What do you think of this antique cut cushion?

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
you are very very welcome and thanks for the compliment on my ring.

I am more of an occasional lurker on PS nowadays, but I will try to keep up on this and chime in if I have anything that might be helpful.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to mention that as I was clicking on these links, I saw that this stone must have had a pricing error before because the price is totally in line with the other GOG 1.4 stone now. I am suprised no one else noticed this. But regardless, I really like the shape of this one and it looks pretty clean, too!

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/9202/

I've looked at the one on DB, but I just have a preference for squarish cushions for an e-ring, personally.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Quick question especially with what diamondseeker said...

I just can't help but think that the GOG diamond is freeking perfection for what you stated you wanted, you know? It's got the perfect shape and oh... the faceting. Dude, at the risk of sounding like a cheerleader, I am just this close to demanding you put that sucker back on hold (I see it's not on the link) and see it in person. I can't go back and look cause it makes me want it, lol.

And remember, I say this having bought my ering stone also from Perry ( and I might be also one of the only people in the world that get along just fine with Leon, lol.)

Best always and mega sisterly PS hugs, Debs

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can't wait to see what you love!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1335472014|3181687 said:
Just wanted to mention that as I was clicking on these links, I saw that this stone must have had a pricing error before because the price is totally in line with the other GOG 1.4 stone now. I am suprised no one else noticed this. But regardless, I really like the shape of this one and it looks pretty clean, too!

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/9202/

12,000 ish is much better. And the stone is very much what the OP is going for if the clarity. And does have great light return, like all AVCs (and I've never denied that). I do personally like a bit of contrast pattern in my cushions, but that's something a person needs to see and judge for themselves. This stone is NOW very much in budget with the updated pricing. Again, I'd want to see it in person unset if it were me just to see the clarity and the performance.

If Firelover, if you are near NYC can you take the train to GOG? I understand it's an easy commute there.

firelover

Rough_Rock
Okay :) So gypsy and diamondseeker2006, missdebby ...I was looking at the 1.43 one previously and never noticed the price change on the 1.58 one

1) Which one should I put on hold? 1.58 or 1.43 one.
Here are the measurement if that helps....
1.43 - 6.58 X 6.59 X 4.42
1.58 - 6.81 X 6.95 X 4.52

2) Also, in another dramatic turn, ERD didnt have anything except the 1.5 for me and since it is out of budget...But today I was told that there is another 1.47 that would like to offer me. They might negotiate - not sure . What do you think of this diamond?

http://www.engagementringsdirect.co...cut-beyond-cushion-cut-diamond-gid-55987.html

Gypsy - Yes I plan to go there. I am trying to go there on the same day but I am not sure ERD is open on Saturday.

I have nothing from Perry.

Thanks so much.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Plot thickens.

Okay so... both the new ERD F 1.47 cushion And the 1.53 H GOG have a similar outline. Very square with a slight lean.

My thoughts.

The ERD cushion has a nice contrast pattern. That's something I enjoy, it's a personal thing. I like to watch the facets flare and darken as it is in movement, and I like seeing the patterning clearly when it's still. It's the smaller of the two by a visual difference: 6.52x6.33x4.39 mm But it does have higher color and clarity. So that's a trade off. And it's more expensive, so I'd talk about the pricing with them.

The GOG is a nice size. A really nice size. It's very nearly 7x 7 and that's just awesome. It's actually got more contrast than others I've seen from there, so that's nice as well. It is lower color, but H is still white and the extra ideal light return will balance well with that. I don't know about that clarity but you will get to see it in person. Plus it's less expensive. Color and clarity are what you are sacrificing with this one. I would ask about any open feathers and make sure that in addition to eyeclean it's a safe stone. You'll have insurance but ultimately you don't want to start with a stacked deck. GOG will tell you the truth about that and you'll be able to see everything under magnification as well.

It comes to your priorities. On the one hand you have a smaller cushion with higher color and clarity. On the other hand a larger cushion with lower color and lower clarity.

BECAUSE I've been on this board for 6 years AND have been immersed with diamonds of all cuts, colors and clarities. So I know what I would do. BUT I also know that others on the board with the same level of experience don't have the same tastes. Diamondseeker who commented above prefers higher clarity and almost always picks VS stones and has stated many times that she wouldn't want an SI2 stone. If it's safe and eyeclean, I have no issue with SI2 though.

SO what does that mean? ROADTRIP. It means you have two AWESOME options now and NO bad choice possible. Only personal preference stuff. SO... you need to look at them, live with them for an hour and walk around with them and see them perform in different light and see which one says "take me home". And that's a great place to be.

firelover

Rough_Rock
Okay..ladies..I am back more confused then ever! (but thats just my personality flaw :naughty: )

So went to ERD - saw the 1.47 - didnt like it but fell in love with 1.5 that I posted about earlier and it was out of budget as well.

Then went to GOG - just made it before the store closed (so ended up staying the night) to spend next day again with Jon and the diamonds..Loved the 1.58 H SI1- beautiful diamond that we discussed before..then Jon showed me another diamond(gulp!) ..it is
1.78 L SI1 (dont look at the price)...

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/9248/

Now the diamond is beautiful. We compared this diamond side-by-side with the H and I think a E (or D) diamond ..I can definately see the faint hint of yellow but then I notice everything. But then when I walked around the store, near the windows at a hands distance..I couldnt feel the color difference between an H and L ..Jon warned me about the color ..its an L !!! we tried putting in some platinum/WG settings (sometimes slanting) with pave on the side to see whether the color difference shows up....it didnt..only when I have my back to the window and have the diamonds at eye level can I see it...Also, if this is helpful - my skintone is warm (tan colored) .Jon commented that it goes well with my skin tone...

now come Sunday night..I am having doubts..I am worried that every ring (the wedding band) everything has to be in that color grade..isnt it? or that with better stones in the wedding ring it will look yellower because of the contrast
what if I see the yellow when it gets home...Am I crazy? What should I do? Is it just mind game ?

Please guide me....the H is more expensive than a L and 20 points smaller...

Only you ladies can help me..

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That L is the first AVC I've seen exhibiting the kozibe effect (culet reflection). That looks so cool!

Ahem.

So, on color: I have two J stones, and I can tell you that not all lower color stones are created equal; one of them has a yellow undertone, and the other one has a brown undertone. In the stone with the yellowish body color, I can see the tint more frequently. At the right angle, in the sun, it can look like a cup of light (which I think is really cool, but which might conceivably bug some people). The stone with the brown hue, though? Even though it's bigger, and as such, more apt to show color, it faces up whiter - this might be due to the bigger facets a transitional stone has opposed to an RB, an advantage the AVC also gives you. And from the side, it doesn't look "yellow" - it just looks, well, like a darker shade of pale (to paraphrase Bowie).

Because the L is reserved - by you, I'm assuming? - I can't see the cost, so I can't tell how much more expensive it is than the H, and I don't know what your budget is. Fill in the deets? Any major discrepancies aside, personally, I'd be tempted by the bigger stone that pleased my eye if it was closer to my budget ....

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, the L sure does look beautiful! I'm not sure if you will be comfortable with the color, but it's a killer stone!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ownded an M color AVC about that size. In most lighitng it looks soft white. In some lighting it looked deep umber browny red. And yes, your L would sometimes look that way too in some lighting. More tinted stones are chameleaons. I would NOT pair a diamond like that with any other diamonds, either in a band or pave, to make it looks its best. The contrast with smaller diamonds that will always look whiter (it is light play not body color that causes thi) does not appeal to me. I would set a diamond like that in a setting with antique elements and have a plain band and plain wb to! maybe rose gold 8) But that is me. Another option is to set it in something like Tacori halos that are atiquey and play up the warmth.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I actually have an L AVC, and I have never, in any lights, seen it looking brownish at all. In most lights it is white, comparing favorably to my DD's excellent cut G-color RB. At the most colored, it is a very, very pale creamy white. And I am color sensitive.

Edited to add: My diamond also shows a kozibe effect,which I love!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1335253287|3179230 said:
Jon, I've been waiting for this to happen AGAIN. I know how outspoken you are in your defense of your pricing of these cushions. And here we are, once again, with you questioning me when you know already know the answers just because you want an opportunity to further your agenda and get on your soap box. Which I am certain you will do right after I post this.

All the hearts and arrows super ideals are marked up similarly by all the vendors that provide a similar level of information. All ideal princesses as well. Yet we on RT, and me included, consistently tell people who are on a budget to go to vendors like ID jewelry or James Allen, who have the ability to provide these stones for slightly less than other vendors. I have recommended GIA Ex/Ex rounds over AGS0's because of pricing differences as well. AND I have even written PARAGRAPHS about why I feel "near ideal' rounds to be a better deal than "super ideal rounds". Here's one such post: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/likelihood-of-finding-a-signature-super-ideal-diamond.174235/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/likelihood-of-finding-a-signature-super-ideal-diamond.174235/[/URL] You've never challenged me for these recommendations or comments. I also routinely call Hearts on Fire" diamonds "Wallets on Fire" for goodness sakes and advise people to consider lower priced super ideals from PS vendors rather than spend the money on the mark up for the HoF diamond. But of course, these AVC's are your babies and you don't carry Hearts on Fire diamonds.

This person is on a budget and looking for a cushion. He was looking at ERD initially and in fact posted about an ERD cushion. I recommended that he check with the vendor to see if they had anything in his budget, and mentioned that ERD's pricing is IN FACT cheaper than yours.

You and ERD and Perry are the only consistent source for antique cushions we have. Perry does not provide ASETs. He only provides videos that are, in my opinion not as helpful so I don't compare his product to yours, or his pricing. Although it is important to note that his pricing is also MUCH lower than yours. Still it's not apples to apples. Mark and ERD however have excellent antique cushions (and non-antique as well) and they are SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than your ideal antique cushions, the provide images and ASETs. He uses GIA you use AGS. Yes you have the ideal from AGS. That is special. But as I noted with rounds in the post above, *I* feel consistently that 'near ideals' or excellents can be a much better value than super ideals when those super ideals come with a huge markup and the near ideals or excellents do not. And some of Marks cushions can compete head to head with your ideals anyway.

So, in fact I am only being consistent in calling out that similar good are available out there for less from different vendors across all shapes. So why would I tell someone who is already looking at ERD to go with your higher priced goods when they are here to get ADVICE and PERSPECTIVE from people, like me, who have looked at all the vendors goods and know what their pluses and minuses are and are hoping for HONEST advice?

Contrary to your post, I am actually doing exact same thing I would do with posters who are looking for ideal rounds and princesses on a budget. Telling them the truth about the vendors pricing. There is no inconsistency. The only difference is that the AVC's are your babies so you feel entitled to pop in an challenge me every few months, so that you can then have your soapbox and defend your profit margin.

I've never bought from Mark and I have never bought from you. There is a reason for that. Both of you have dropped the ball in one way or another when I've contacted you for service. So that playing field is completely equal. So let's move on to the rest.

You mentioned facts... here are a few for you to ponder:

Let's compare these two:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/9202/ 1.53 H SI2

http://www.engagementringsdirect.com/this-cut-beyond-vintage-cushion-brilliant-has-been-sold.-gid-74061.html 1.71 H SI1

The GOG cushion is significantly smaller. And the clarity is one grade lower. The ASETs are comparable and actually I like the contrast pattern of the ERD cushion more than your AVC's ASET even though the later does show more red. The price is 18,000!!! and the ERD cushion which is bigger, has better clarity and lovely performance was just sold at 10,700.

That's SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLARS DIFFERENCE. Do you EVER see that with rounds and princesses? NO. You know why? Because there are MANY vendors that have sources for ideal rounds and they keep the pricing markups for these ideals consistent. It's an example of competition in the marketplace keeping the prices under control.

But with cushions-- those GOG has little competition from ANYONE so it is MUCH more difficult for buyers to look at your prices and say... hey, these prices are kinda high. And now that ERD is providing some competition you chose to attack ME, for pointing out the truth rather than look to your own pricing practices for fault. You have a near monopoly on these cushions so you feel entitled to charge what you will. FINE. But don't expect people not to notice and comment.

Here is another fun fact to ponder:

What does 32k buy you at GOG:
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8157/ TWO carat G VS2

What does 32k buy you at ERD:
http://www.engagementringsdirect.com/3.02-carat-g-si1-a-cut-beyond-cushion-cut-diamond-gid-68267.html THREE carat G SI1

That's ONE FULL CARAT difference and with only one clarity grade difference between the two!!!! If someone is looking for finger coverage, do you want me to ignore the FACT that their budget will get them farther with ERD than GOG?

Diamondseeker has stated on here again and again that she feels BGD has very high priced diamonds. Have you seen Brian come on here and defend his pricing margins? No. Well, I'm going to advise that you follow his example on this Jon.

Stop challenging me just because you are upset that there is another vendor who is undercutting your monopoly prices and threatening your profit margins. Not my fault. Not my problem. But, yes as long as the inconsistency exists I will point it out to people, like this one, on a budget looking for the best stone for their budget. And for your information BEST is subjective and it my pleasure to point out options and facts that new buyers, like this one, may not know to ask about in their quest to find what they consider best for them. And I will do so within the forum rules. Just as I always have.

"Let's compare these two:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/9202/ 1.53 H SI2

http://www.engagementringsdirect.com/this-cut-beyond-vintage-cushion-brilliant-has-been-sold.-gid-74061.html 1.71 H SI1

The GOG cushion is significantly smaller. And the clarity is one grade lower. The ASETs are comparable and actually I like the contrast pattern of the ERD cushion more than your AVC's ASET even though the later does show more red. The price is 18,000!!! and the ERD cushion which is bigger, has better clarity and lovely performance was just sold at 10,700."

Gypsy,

Maybe I misunderstood but the diff. in price of these two stones was $1300.

firelover

Rough_Rock
Aoife|1335805149|3184065 said:
I actually have an L AVC, and I have never, in any lights, seen it looking brownish at all. In most lights it is white, comparing favorably to my DD's excellent cut G-color RB. At the most colored, it is a very, very pale creamy white. And I am color sensitive.

How is it set? Do you have pictures? I am googline Kozibe effect as I am writing this :D

firelover

Rough_Rock
Circe|1335801794|3184034 said:
That L is the first AVC I've seen exhibiting the kozibe effect (culet reflection). That looks so cool!

Ahem.

So, on color: I have two J stones, and I can tell you that not all lower color stones are created equal; one of them has a yellow undertone, and the other one has a brown undertone. In the stone with the yellowish body color, I can see the tint more frequently. At the right angle, in the sun, it can look like a cup of light (which I think is really cool, but which might conceivably bug some people). The stone with the brown hue, though? Even though it's bigger, and as such, more apt to show color, it faces up whiter - this might be due to the bigger facets a transitional stone has opposed to an RB, an advantage the AVC also gives you. And from the side, it doesn't look "yellow" - it just looks, well, like a darker shade of pale (to paraphrase Bowie).

Because the L is reserved - by you, I'm assuming? - I can't see the cost, so I can't tell how much more expensive it is than the H, and I don't know what your budget is. Fill in the deets? Any major discrepancies aside, personally, I'd be tempted by the bigger stone that pleased my eye if it was closer to my budget ....

There is a $2300 price difference between the 1.58H and 1.78L diamond.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
that L looks lovely...I keep posting this cushion brilliant on James Allen...it has a great facet pattern and faces up very large. It is a K IF. If you watch some of Jon's videos on cushion cuts it has the measurements for cushion brilliants that he recommends depth mid 60's and tables in the mid 50's. It is pretty square. I do believe that James Allen will send an ASET pic.

It is very difficult to find cushion brilliants these days...Most of ERD's and LM's are cushion brilliants that face up like the antique cut stones. they are more likely to have an antique cut look. Anyway it is a decent price and one color higher than an L for $8,430. so if price is really a big issue then this stone may be the one for you.

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/K-IF-Ideal-Cut-Cushion-Diamond-1471593.asp

1.66 Carat K-IF Ideal Cut Cushion Diamond
This K color, IF clarity diamond has Ideal proportions, a diamond grading report from GIA and a full 60 Day inspection period.
Price: $8,900
Pricescope Price: $8,430

Specifications for Item #: 1471593
Shape: Cushion
Carat weight: 1.66
Cut: Excellent
Color: K
Clarity: IF
Certificate: GIA
Depth: 66.2%
Table: 58.0%
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Girdle: Slightly thick to very thick
Culet: Small
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 7.26*7.05*4.67
Ratio: 1.03

I still can't believe they haven't sold this stone yet. The facet pattern is amazing IMHO. Just one more option on a budget.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
firelover|1335806590|3184083 said:
Aoife|1335805149|3184065 said:

How is it set? Do you have pictures? I am googline Kozibe effect as I am writing this :D

I kept searching if the Kozibe effect is due to a great cut of the stone and finally found this:

"The reflections of the culet occur when crown and
pavilion facets are both steep. The same proportions
produce fire....Pairs of culet reflections on crown facets form when
light bounces off the center of the pavilion into the crown facets. The
reflection of the culet appears dark because light does not reflect back
from it but passes through."

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/modern-cushion-vs-antique-cushion.23890/page-2']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/modern-cushion-vs-antique-cushion.23890/page-2[/URL]

(very desirable to most PSrs)

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ariel144|1335818199|3184215 said:
It is very difficult to find cushion brilliants these days...Most of ERD's and LM's are cushion brilliants that face up like the antique cut stones. they are more likely to have an antique cut look. Anyway it is a decent price and one color higher than an L for $8,430. so if price is really a big issue then this stone may be the one for you.

This K color, IF clarity diamond has Ideal proportions, a diamond grading report from GIA and a full 60 Day inspection period.

I still can't believe they haven't sold this stone yet. The facet pattern is amazing IMHO. Just one more option on a budget.

:o Wow, that stone is gorgeous with that facet pattern, and internally flawless to boot?! If I were in the market...

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1335820597|3184267 said:
ariel144|1335818199|3184215 said:

:o Wow, that stone is gorgeous with that facet pattern, and internally flawless to boot?! If I were in the market...

I KNOW Laila619, I've posted that stone for peeps looking for antique cushions about 5 times and no one has bought it yet...unbelievable! Faces up like a 2carat stone and square. When you look at ALL the cushions on JA and then I come to THAT ONE and I go OH MY! Just about as good as it gets. 8 fat mains too.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ariel, maybe the price is just too high because of the IF clarity grade? I know stones with really high clarity are priced more expensive. Still, I can't believe someone hasn't snapped it up either!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
ariel144|1335806153|3184078 said:
Gypsy,

Maybe I misunderstood but the diff. in price of these two stones was $1300.

After my posting GOG changed the price to what it is now. At the time I posted it there was a 7k difference.

Hmm. Well, I had an L old cut for a few months, and I still miss it. The color was fabulous. Candlelight at most tinted and the face up was so white on mine, and it reflected colored light so beautifully. For old cuts I do love a bit of tint, personally.

I feel that like cats at the shelter, fancy shaped diamonds chose you. When one catches your heart it's the right one for you. It's also 2,300 cheaper right? I'm not seeing a problem. It chose you and your chose it.

What type of setting are you planning? Like Dreamer, that would be my only concern.

oohsparkly

Shiny_Rock
Question for Missy Debby

I have never worked with ERD. I have met Rock Diamond, for my ering I worked with Leon and sourced my cushion with Perry, and have had AVC's and now currently rock an insanely amazing 3 stone AVR ring.

Please forgive the threadjack but I REALLY want to see the insanely amazing 3 stone AVR ring! Sounds delicious ... do you have pictures posted anywhere MissyDebby? I did look but could not find....

Firelover, all the best with your search...

firelover

Rough_Rock
Gypsy & Dreamer - I was planning to get a hand forged halo. It seems with this stone the halo is totally out or As Dreamer suggested maybe a Tacori halo...but in general I am not a big fan of Tacori settings -- there is too much detail and that too IMHO not done well :( .Maybe I haven't seen too many. Dreamer suggested a tacori halo..any pics of that? On one hand I like AVC's but on the other hand I don't like too antiquey settings. Some examples of what I like is HW halo, LM setting with inverted diamonds on the band with milgrain (just like MissDebbys) ...maybe I need to look more into settings...I will do so..meanwhile if you guys see anything that has some antique elements but not much please please post pics here...I really really appreciate any help.

This is the reason I first started having doubts about this stone - The thought that I cant have a diamond wedding band and/or diamonds on the band of the e-ring is pretty restricting to me....But then the confusion arises from
1) Size (20 pts bigger than 1.57)
2) Price ($2K less than 1.57H)
3) I couldn't see much color when I kind of just put the stone in a halo setting (the diamond was bigger so didnt go in correctly).
4) Also, Jon said in his personal opinion he doesn't think it will be a problem to put it in a halo
5) But in general on his videos on color he says what you both are saying - beyond J go with yellow gold instead of WG/Platinum...

I really need to decide and I am confused....:)

Gypsy - the cat example have given me something to think about.. :) I love cats...BTW I was waiting for your response today....

Laila and ariel - am looking into that diamond from JA

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
firelover|1335843889|3184565 said:
Gypsy & Dreamer - I was planning to get a hand forged halo. It seems with this stone the halo is totally out or As Dreamer suggested maybe a Tacori halo...but in general I am not a big fan of Tacori settings -- there is too much detail and that too IMHO not done well :( .Maybe I haven't seen too many. Dreamer suggested a tacori halo..any pics of that? On one hand I like AVC's but on the other hand I don't like too antiquey settings. Some examples of what I like is HW halo, LM setting with inverted diamonds on the band with milgrain (just like MissDebbys) ...maybe I need to look more into settings...I will do so..meanwhile if you guys see anything that has some antique elements but not much please please post pics here...I really really appreciate any help.

This is the reason I first started having doubts about this stone - The thought that I cant have a diamond wedding band and/or diamonds on the band of the e-ring is pretty restricting to me....But then the confusion arises from
3) I couldn't see much color when I kind of just put the stone in a halo setting (the diamond was bigger so didnt go in correctly).
4) Also, Jon said in his personal opinion he doesn't think it will be a problem to put it in a halo
5) But in general on his videos on color he says what you both are saying - beyond J go with yellow gold instead of WG/Platinum...

Gypsy - the cat example have given me something to think about.. :) I love cats...BTW I was waiting for your response today....

Did you not have the opportunity to look at settings (I think GOG carries many brands you are discussing) with the stone you are considering? At least you could have gotten a feel of what the stone would like in white or yellow metal, solitaire, halo....

cheers--Sharon

firelover

Rough_Rock
canuk-gal|1335844776|3184571 said:
firelover|1335843889|3184565 said:

Did you not have the opportunity to look at settings (I think GOG carries many brands you are discussing) with the stone you are considering? At least you could have gotten a feel of what the stone would like in white or yellow metal, solitaire, halo....

cheers--Sharon

Sharon - I did and it looked fine...I bought the ring near the window for day light and it still looked fine...even Jon said in his personal opinion it would be fine..Its just that I feel its different when the diamond is SET versus it is just "kept" on top the cavity of a setting...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so. Um. I want to suggest ONE other option.

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-specials/estate-jewelry/rings/128PO1/32/ Yes, it is preowned. And it's not an antique cushion. The price is VERY negotiable. And the setting is hand forged and antique style. The ring retails for 30k and is a very high end designer that I can honestly say that Daniel K has some of the best quality settings I've ever seen. The pics on Pearlmans doesn't convey how gorgeous the thing really is (I've seen one like it here at a local Daniel K dealer it's stunning). If you like this ring and might consdier it an option.. I would offer $13,500 and see if they will send it to you for a couple days for evaluation. Because it's a very stunning amazing ring. The setting is worth 5-7k if you wanted one like it, and again flipping gorgeous. The cushion is completely eyeclean. It faces up like many 2 carat cushions. And it's an amazing ring.

Now, that said, if that's not the right ring for you. I probably wouldn't buy an L for a halo UNLESS I wanted a high contrast halo and then I'd go for full cuts at D-E. OR the designer could find single cut K-L melee (hard to find) and then I might go for it, and then I'd get about 10-15 additional stones from them for repairs.

That James Allen K is pretty amazing. JA has a show room in NY. And it is by appointment only and they can bring that stone in so you can see it in person. That's what I would do.

I love cats too.

((HUGS))

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1335823451|3184331 said:
ariel, maybe the price is just too high because of the IF clarity grade? I know stones with really high clarity are priced more expensive. Still, I can't believe someone hasn't snapped it up either!

Yes, but it is $4,000 less than the L vvs2 on GOG and a higher color and clarity....I'm personally not into flawless or near flawless but this one seemed so nice for the price and it faces up about the same as this 1.79...now to see if the performance stacks up to the L will be interesting.

Carat Weight: 1.79ct
Color: L
Clarity: VVS2
AGS Light Performance: Ideal
Optical Symmetry: August Vintage
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Large
Lab Report: AGS
Lab Report #: 104057522
In House: Yes
Width: 7.10mm
Length: 7.22mm
Depth: 4.83mm
Table Percentage: 48.90%
Depth Percentage: 68.00%
Policy: Lifetime Guarantee
Price: $12,883
(Bank wire price: $12,448)

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
firelover, please let us know how the K from James Allen turns out! Are you getting an ASET, or just having the gemologist take a look at it?

CaratLover2

Shiny_Rock
The thought that I cant have a diamond wedding band and/or diamonds on the band of the e-ring is pretty restricting to me...

I know I'll probably get smacked-down for posting this - as photos aren't the best guide on colour - but I don't see why you cant have a halo/diamond wedding band with an L diamond. While an L will not look white-white, it isn't "yellow" either. Also I don't see any reason to set an L only in yellow gold. If you scroll through this link, on the 2nd page there are additional photos of the ring with a wedding band: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/l-diamond-in-g-h-halo-yes-i-did-it.122866/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/l-diamond-in-g-h-halo-yes-i-did-it.122866/[/URL] As long as you can embrace the vintage feel that the contrast creates, I don't think you should let the L stop you from having the diamond halo/band that you want. I'd embrace the vintage look, the extra size and the savings - but that's just me!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results