shape
carat
color
clarity

Help w/ this OEC please.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
IMG_0232.jpeg I’m considering this purchase but the circled area caught my eye. Is it a chip? Should I be concerned? The in-house grade is L-M, SI1-VS2. The grading seems… unreliable… so I want PS opinions cause I trust those more. Thank you!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, maddening! Are there any other angles? It looks like it could actually be reflection, but I can't be sure.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Well, that doesn't help much, does it. I swear they do this on purpose.:lol:
From what I can tell it doesn't look like a chip, but a reflection.
It also looks like it needs a bit of a clean.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Well, that doesn't help much, does it. I swear they do this on purpose.:lol:
From what I can tell it doesn't look like a chip, but a reflection.
It also looks like it needs a bit of a clean.

That’s reassuring! Do you have any guesses on how inaccurate the color is? I know that it’s hard to tell in photos & when set but I’m hoping to avoid buying to return given the price and recent shipping issues.

EC8

Shiny_Rock
It looks to be warmer than an L based on the photos…

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
It looks to be warmer than an L based on the photos…

That’s what I was thinking but I do not have an eye for color. I may end up watching this piece to see if the price goes down a little bit more. Thank you

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
Sure looks like a chip to me. Have you asked the vendor?

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
That’s reassuring! Do you have any guesses on how inaccurate the color is? I know that it’s hard to tell in photos & when set but I’m hoping to avoid buying to return given the price and recent shipping issues.

I'd call it an N as it's shown in the picture, but it looks like it's got some kind of dirt or grime on the pavilion and underneath the mount. It looks brown gunky and may be 'yellowing' up the stone.
It's good they have decent returns, but annoying that they don't take better pictures. I'm one who needs to see the back, underneath, what the dirt is doing...

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a chip to me as well.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chip

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I'd call it an N as it's shown in the picture, but it looks like it's got some kind of dirt or grime on the pavilion and underneath the mount. It looks brown gunky and may be 'yellowing' up the stone.
It's good they have decent returns, but annoying that they don't take better pictures. I'm one who needs to see the back, underneath, what the dirt is doing...

Agreed. Their photos really are the worst. I need to contact them later to clarify the returns/ if they’ll give an extension. We live in HI now so sometimes things take forever to get here. I’d want to look at it and get an appraiser to look at it to better judge color/ clarity but I may not have enough time to do that.

@Lookinagain @Niel Thank you both!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results