carat
color
clarity

Help setting an O colored 1.59ct AVC diamond

Cosmetologist

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you. :D

That is stunning! I’m uncertain about using a blue halo for mine but I can’t deny how gorgeous it could be. :mrgreen:

Agreed! I wish I could see it in person because I’m really thinking about using it over the straight yellow gold. :love:

I love your M colored AVC! Have you set it yet?
Btw, I totally agree with you about the low colored diamonds. Not only are they a great bang for your buck but they are stunningly beautiful. That gorgeous antique looking warmth really gives me all the feels. :love:

Thank-You & yes I dropped it off at my Jewellers around 2 weeks ago I settled for this design except for a Platinum Head/Bezel it's being custom made to my surprise!

Hopefully in another week or two it should be done, I can't wait!

I am more excited to see your completed project though!

inCollage_20191030_231603129.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank-You & yes I dropped it off at my Jewellers around 2 weeks ago I settled for this design except for a Platinum Head/Bezel it's being custom made to my surprise!

Hopefully in another week or two it should be done, I can't wait!

I am more excited to see your completed project though!

inCollage_20191030_231603129.jpg

That’s going to be gorgeous!

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Ooh, I'm in the exact same boat as you, @elle_71125. I purchased mrs_b's 1.93ct R color AVC recently and have been obsessing over what setting to put it in for weeks. Definitely had the same ideas as you too (CvB Clara, Cora, any sort of interesting metal / carved halos really). I've even been sketching some of my own ideas, may want to go custom...

Today, I had some time and stopped by ID Jewelry and was toying with the idea of a halo-ed 3 Stone like these (setting on the left has half moon sides, the one on the right has haloed trapezoids):

IMG_20191104_131613.jpg

These are definitely more on the modern side, moreso than I was imagining for an AVC. Going to bring my stone with me on Wednesday to see how they look together though!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I'm in the exact same boat as you, @elle_71125. I purchased mrs_b's 1.93ct R color AVC recently and have been obsessing over what setting to put it in for weeks. Definitely had the same ideas as you too (CvB Clara, Cora, any sort of interesting metal / carved halos really). I've even been sketching some of my own ideas, may want to go custom...

Today, I had some time and stopped by ID Jewelry and was toying with the idea of a halo-ed 3 Stone like these (setting on the left has half moon sides, the one on the right has haloed trapezoids):

IMG_20191104_131613.jpg

These are definitely more on the modern side, moreso than I was imagining for an AVC. Going to bring my stone with me on Wednesday to see how they look together though!

You’re AVC is gorgeous! I absolutely love the warmth in it and I’m so happy you got it so we can all see its new home (I just love when things stay in the PS family).

Those are beautiful settings. :kiss2: I actually posted something similar as an option for my AVC. Guess we have similar tastes.:mrgreen: I’m leaning towards something with a gold(ish) faux bezel to bring out the O color in mine.

ETA: I played with the pics a bit to add in your diamond.
09D2563C-E02E-4459-9701-F45379580347.jpeg

Last edited:

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
You’re AVC is gorgeous! I absolutely love the warmth in it and I’m so happy you got it so we can all see its new home (I just love when things stay in the PS family).

Those are beautiful settings. :kiss2: I actually posted something similar as an option for my AVC. Guess we have similar tastes.:mrgreen: I’m leaning towards something with a gold(ish) faux bezel to bring out the O color in mine.

ETA: I played with the pics a bit to add in your diamond.
09D2563C-E02E-4459-9701-F45379580347.jpeg

Nice mockups! I was doing that on Monday night too haha. I went back to the store today with my diamond and it didn't look as good as I would have hoped when sitting in those rings; all the white gold made the R color look a little washed out.

That being said, I found another halo setting in mixed WG/RG with bigger stones in the halo, almost like a small cluster style... and now it's currently waiting to be set. Pics to come later this week (hopefully)!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice mockups! I was doing that on Monday night too haha. I went back to the store today with my diamond and it didn't look as good as I would have hoped when sitting in those rings; all the white gold made the R color look a little washed out.

That being said, I found another halo setting in mixed WG/RG with bigger stones in the halo, almost like a small cluster style... and now it's currently waiting to be set. Pics to come later this week (hopefully)!

How exciting!! I can’t wait to see how it turns out. :dance:

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
And to contribute.. I was also considering the CvB Susan style halo, but would replace the onyx with either french cut diamonds or maybe emeralds or sapphires?
1573076924917.png

I had a similar issue when looking at bands. My center is probably L M N and anything too bright made the poor thing look dingy. I love the emeralds (see below) BUT I will caution you, you can't steam or ultrasound them or expose them to heat. I have had the ring 5 years and am having to get them re oiled. Sapphire might be a better more durable option. If your heart is set on green go lab created.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I’d love to see it surrounded by whiskey colored spinel! But then it would look amazing with any surround <3

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Elle, Amy says they have only 18k yellow or 18k rose, but it's kind of peachy. Think I'm chickening out anyway...

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d love to see it surrounded by whiskey colored spinel! But then it would look amazing with any surround <3

I wouldn’t have thought of that. It’s not to my personal taste but I bet it would look awesome regardless. :mrgreen:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elle, Amy says they have only 18k yellow or 18k rose, but it's kind of peachy. Think I'm chickening out anyway...

Bummer. I think that damn peach gold was the one thing I had actually settled on. :lol: Oh well...off to see if there’s any developments on your ring.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here we are in January and I still haven’t figured out how I want to set this diamond. Sheesh...talk about indecisive! :shifty:

I saw these two on Instagram and they’re super pretty so I’m adding them here.

7C66207F-C947-4F9E-8314-2FA3DF2AAAB9.jpeg

ACC063D7-5B8E-43D9-8B89-D22AC17D063A.jpeg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here’s a combination of the two styles I’ve liked the most. Do you think this is too much? Man, who knew setting a diamond would be so difficult for me. :lol-2:

76F841A7-D89B-4CD4-9592-0A1C4F94C7DB.jpeg

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I find it much harder then a colored stone. I don't know why! You are not alone though.
I like the idea of adding emerald, these are really pretty.

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I love that idea, elle_71125 -- the emeralds very nicely complement the setting and diamond.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find it much harder then a colored stone. I don't know why! You are not alone though.
I like the idea of adding emerald, these are really pretty.

I am so glad I’m not alone in feeling this way. It’s just so much harder than setting a colored stone...for me at least. I haven’t found anything that I love enough to pull the trigger and that’s pretty much never a problem with CS gems. I’m starting to think I should just throw it in something temporary until I have a better idea.

Oh, I love that idea, elle_71125 -- the emeralds very nicely complement the setting and diamond.

Thank you for your input. :D I keep going back and forth on whether I should use colored gems in the setting or not. I love CS gems (which is why this is my first serious diamond purchase)...but I’m feeling super indecisive about the whole thing.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I would set it into a simple, classic three stone with colored gem sides. I think this will allow you to appreciate the faceting the most. And you have a lot of rings in the ornate halo style already. Maybe something a little different for your diamond?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Like, of course you have seen Chrono's amazing AVC ring... these are classic proportions for the Victorian era, the era where this kind of cut originated.

1579574626110.png

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations- your stone is beautiful. I think an antique Edwardian look OR a simple gold bezel. I opted for a bezel with this OMC in the UV range. 733240

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here’s my latest photoshop effort. The top would be round emeralds (bezel set on the outside, prongs on the inside). The bottom was my best efforts at custom cut emeralds.

I feel like the rounds would give it more of a floral look, which I like. But I can’t find any examples of a round emerald halo. :think:

05EFDB6F-1DFB-4A3E-9010-B418464CEACD.jpeg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love love love this
Love the variation in emerald melee sizes
Love the prongs with milgrain cup!
:love:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh-hells-yes! Love this!

I‘m happy to hear you love it because you have great taste. :mrgreen:I’ve been having a really tough time coming up with a setting but this one feels like it just might be the one. I really wanted to incorporate color since I am a CS girl at heart But I’m not much of a target ring person. Cross your fingers for me...I just asked DK for an estimate.;)2

Love love love this
Love the variation in emerald melee sizes
Love the prongs with milgrain cup!
:love:

Thank you. I real want to do a faux cup...I just love the way they look. Now I just have to decide if I should use rounds or get custom cuts.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the look of the custom cuts

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would get quote both ways. If I could swing it - custom cut for sure.
I think success of using rounds in this design will totally depend on the finesse of how it’s set and the amount of metal.
With you and DK and viewing all your previous successes - I think it would be pulled off beautifully.
(My local jeweler prong or channel or attempting pave setting all that - absolutely not would it look well at all - lol)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results