shape
carat
color
clarity

Help setting an O colored 1.59ct AVC diamond

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! Love the idea of delineation / line of demarcation you are seeming to be gravitating towards with yellow/rose/peach gold between your diamond and halo stones!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
What if...

Thinking out loud,

- YES to the twelve coloured gold prongs around the AVC, then,

- having coloured gold with the white triads makes it belong less to the light yellow center, then,

- the ring reminds an older type of diamond band ring I keep thinking about.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could you take some pics of the stone next to white, yellow, and rose gold to determine which one (or more) looks better to you?

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Ctd. re:

That is to say, WWW - a flower with leaves arranged at the same level in profile; in your ring the center cluster must be raised slightly if not much since the triads are hardly slanted at all.

thinking out loud

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I love that 3 stone, but as you know I'm a halo queen too!!! So I can understand your desire to go with a halo... :lol::lol::lol:=)2=)2=)2
I’m definitely a halo queen (you’re in good company there). I don’t know how I want to set this yet but I’m 98% sure I want a halo. :lol:

What if....
20191027_101501.png
That looks beautiful. :love: I like the 12 prongs...it gives it a neat look and would amp up the color nicely.

Yes! Love the idea of delineation / line of demarcation you are seeming to be gravitating towards with yellow/rose/peach gold between your diamond and halo stones!
Thank you. I think that may be the way to go here. While I like the contrast of my warm diamond against platinum, I do not like it set it just platinum.

Thinking out loud,

- YES to the twelve coloured gold prongs around the AVC, then,

- having coloured gold with the white triads makes it belong less to the light yellow center, then,

I see what you mean about the sides being gold. I definitely want the diamond to be the main attraction here.

Could you take some pics of the stone next to white, yellow, and rose gold to determine which one (or more) looks better to you?
I took pics next to rose gold, white gold, and platinum (all on the first page, I think). I don’t have any yellow gold so that’s out for now (though I may swing by a local b&m to see if I can snag a pic.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are 4 to 5 ladies here myself & yourself included that would halo the bleep out of most CS things :lol::lol::lol::lol::saint::saint::saint::saint::lol::lol::lol::lol:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok after seeing real life seeing pics I'm thinking soft matte pale yellow gold, if you are getting a custom setting maybe ask choose the yellowness of the gold?

SouthernElle

Shiny_Rock
If you a waffling between yellow and rose gold, why not ask for peach gold? Its a nice mix of the two. I know DK can get it...I assume most casting houses have access to it. Its what I'll be using for my next project (I think...).

1572085389221.png

Same ring.same alloy just with different light.
1572085495714.png

1572085507007.png

Another ring in peach.
1572085538879.png
Peach gold!! I might have fallen in love. I was planning on doing to see DK this week in LA, I’ll have to ask about this as a possibility.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saw this and thought of your thread:

65071DCA-1475-4AD5-A196-5EFFB995D0E0.png
Thank you for thinking of me. :love: I like the swirly floral aspects of it.

Ok after seeing real life seeing pics I'm thinking soft matte pale yellow gold, if you are getting a custom setting maybe ask choose the yellowness of the gold?
It will be in a custom setting so the sky’s the limit (well, as long as it still understands the confines of my bling budget). :mrgreen:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 I have nothing to add but am watching with great anticipation. What a gorgeous stone and I know whatever you decide will be stunning. I love your entire collection girl. It's freaking amazing. :kiss2:

I will share a photo of my new dream ring. In case it helps at all.

dreamringomg.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hunting around for shoulder inspiration for my own project, I ran into a couple of things that made me think of this thread. (#always distractable)
20191029_174819.jpg

Oh my goodness, I absolutely LOVE that top one! :kiss2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 I have nothing to add but am watching with great anticipation. What a gorgeous stone and I know whatever you decide will be stunning. I love your entire collection girl. It's freaking amazing. :kiss2:

I will share a photo of my new dream ring. In case it helps at all.

dreamringomg.jpg

Thank you so much. :love:
I’ve gotta be honest. As gorgeous as it is, that dream ring can’t hold a candle to Bubbalah. But a halo full of what looks to be cushions? Totally swoon worthy!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha, thought you might! Saw it on jackweir and sons IG. It has the most beautiful gallery.. sighs. ..
20191029_182454.png

It’s definitely the first one I’ve seen that’s stopped me in my tracks. I even showed it to my other half. That gallery is stunning!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And, boom, the Elle surprise element:
20191029_203903.png

Ok, gotta get back to my own biz...:lol-2:

And that is exactly how it should be done. You’re pretty awesome. Thanks for taking the time to do that for me. :mrgreen:

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
No worries, I'm procrastinating... as usual completely stuck on my own design dilemnas....:wall:

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Uh oh. What's going on there?
Well after what was to be final cad, I'm feeling like the shoulders are too mid century , not deco. I'll do a thread later for feedback, opinions. I just want this to be IT for a long while, so being very critical!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well after what was to be final cad, I'm feeling like the shoulders are too mid century , not deco. I'll do a thread later for feedback, opinions. I just want this to be IT for a long while, so being very critical!

Better safe than sorry and with a diamond like that, you deserve to be critical. :love:
I'll keep my eyes open for your thread.

Krisking

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My husband said the same thing! Amy said that part is done by hand... so I'm wondering if I hated it if they could change it out? ( Question #546...poor Amy):roll:.
I was already looking at examples, but then I saw that peach gold.
My gallery is very tilted, makes almost a cup under stone, that's why I am considering it...
Apologize for the thread derail...
20191026_195927.jpg

@elle_71125, what a fun thread - so excited for you and can't wait to see how you set this gorgeous AVC!

@CHRISTY-DANIELLE, you don't know this but the L gallery above is mine; you helped me brainstorm setting elements for this ring on another thread, but the colored gold gallery was a DH/DK surprise design choice (which I love). What a coincidence you included it as inspo for your new ring - full circle moment! Please do start a thread when you're ready :mrgreen2:

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Surround it with blue sapphires . . . EC Reset.jpg

Cosmetologist

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t venture over to “Rocky Talk” very often. All that talk about assets and HCA scores gives me the shivers. It probably explains why I’m a colored stone girl all the way. Having said that, there is one style of diamond that’s always made me ooh and ahhh…and that's @Rhino ‘s August Vintage cushions. I just love them! Those big chunky facets just make me swoon. :love: I have a couple of his AVC moissanites but I’ve always known I’d want one of his diamonds too. I was scrolling through Rhino’s website (a common occurrence, I admit), when my eyes fell on this gorgeous O colored diamond.

https://augustvintageinc.com/collec...vs2-august-vintage-cushion-brilliant-74193915
August Vintage.jpg

Stats:
1.59ct
Color: O
Dimensions: 6.65 - 7.20 x 4.5
Clarity: VS2

With a lot of encouragement (read: pushing) from my wonderful husband and one diamond centric dream, I finally took the leap. @Rhino was absolutely wonderful to buy from, which of course is no surprise to my fellow PSers. He is quite charismatic and left me feeling very confident with my purchase. Still, I was honestly kind of terrified it would show up and I’d hate the color. Having never seen a low colored diamond in person, I just wasn’t sure what to expect. One brutal weekend later and I had it in hand…and it’s absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE the color. It’s like antique lace. Nice and creamy with a yellow undertone. Turns out, I’m definitely a fan of low colored diamonds. :kiss2: Especially with an antique cut diamond.

Now I just need to figure out how to set it but this is where I definitely need help. I’m a halo girl all the way but the tint of my diamond contrasts quite a bit with my bright white diamond halos. So what’s a girl to do? A rose gold ring? Unplated white gold? Yellow gold bezel? :think:

I'll add a few pictures in just a little bit.

Congrats on your Stone it's a Stunner!!! You must be over the moon!

You can grab such Beauties at amazing Price Points IMO Lower Coloured AVC's just sparkle & sing in a way that is totally lost in the Colourless Stones, They seem to have a more authentic antique feel if that makes sense lol

I can't wait to see how you set it, I recently just wrestled with how to set my Lower Coloured AVC (0.92 M) I settled 18k Yellow Gold Shank with a Plat Semi Bezel Mount.

@sarahb really helped me make the right decision she uploaded her vids of her stone in 2 different settings YG & Plat so I could see the subtle differences.

Last edited:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125, what a fun thread - so excited for you and can't wait to see how you set this gorgeous AVC!

@CHRISTY-DANIELLE, you don't know this but the L gallery above is mine; you helped me brainstorm setting elements for this ring on another thread, but the colored gold gallery was a DH/DK surprise design choice (which I love). What a coincidence you included it as inspo for your new ring - full circle moment! Please do start a thread when you're ready :mrgreen2:
Thank you. :D

Surround it with blue sapphires . . . EC Reset.jpg
That is stunning! I’m uncertain about using a blue halo for mine but I can’t deny how gorgeous it could be. :mrgreen:

That peach gold is everything. Just wow.
Agreed! I wish I could see it in person because I’m really thinking about using it over the straight yellow gold. :love:

Congrats on your Stone it's a Stunner!!! You must be over the moon!

You can grab such Beauties at amazing Price Points IMO Lower Coloured AVC's just sparkle & sing in a way that is totally lost in the Colourless Stones, They seem to have a more authentic antique feel if that makes sense lol

I can't wait to see how you set it, I recently just wrestled with how to set my Lower Coloured AVC (0.92 M) I settled 18k Yellow Gold Shank with a Plat Semi Bezel Mount.

@sarahb really helped me make the right decision she uploaded her vids of her stone in 2 different settings YG & Plat so I could see the subtle differences.

I love your M colored AVC! Have you set it yet?
Btw, I totally agree with you about the low colored diamonds. Not only are they a great bang for your buck but they are stunningly beautiful. That gorgeous antique looking warmth really gives me all the feels. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results