shape
carat
color
clarity

Help setting an O colored 1.59ct AVC diamond

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do like the change to the larger, more graduated diamonds in shoulder detail.
Think that’s the change I see from last Tuesday’s cad to this one.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, what do ya think? Is this the one??

Nope. We’re not there yet. Something tells me I’m driving them crazy on this one but I know what I want and I’m just trying to make it a reality.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do like the change to the larger, more graduated diamonds in shoulder detail.
Think that’s the change I see from last Tuesday’s cad to this one.

Thank you. I asked for a few changes but it’s definitely not there yet.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took the time to color in the emerald shapes and add a diamond to help me visualize. Looking side by side, it was easy to see that the halo isn’t there yet. I tried modifying the left side. What do you think?

184B701F-9A65-4639-92FA-03B8293EBD0D.jpeg

One thing I noticed is that the tip of the top emerald should be longer so it goes beyond the top of the side emerald...if that makes sense.

0B91EA65-3B1D-4E69-AB18-54BF7719B37B.jpeg

Last edited:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here’s my new CAD. I still need to make some changes but I figured I’d post the updated version for those lovely people who may be following along.

4F1514F3-DFDF-4A0D-9086-AE7E68BBE89D.jpeg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was having a hard time expressing the shapes I was looking for to DK and Amy. So I sent my original inspiration pic (the one that I’ve since drawn all over) and that helped get me to these new CADs (above). I wanted to add them here, since this is where it all started.

CEA97E06-B538-4A88-A3EC-28B996BA6EBC.jpeg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This new CAD is a lot closer to where I want it. I just asked that the line of metal, coming off the crescent shape, gets shortened a bit. Also, I want the meet point between the two sides to have a more cohesive “blend.” Sorry, I don’t know the words for that. :shifty: Basically, the line from the side meets the extended crescent shape...but doesn’t merge in the way I’m looking for. So I asked if they can adjust it like the pic below.

Note to self: Lean to speak CAD.

8F9B8AB0-78A0-4B4F-A41F-AE2B4C4066D2.jpeg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ll say it again. Switching out those rose cuts in the original antique ring and filling that shape up with calibre cut emeralds was genius of you!

The change you just made is small- but i think it will really outshine in the overall final product. Devils in the details!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ll say it again. Switching out those rose cuts in the original antique ring and filling that shape up with calibre cut emeralds was genius of you!

The change you just made is small- but i think it will really outshine in the overall final product. Devils in the details!

Thank you. It‘s definitely a small change but a necessary one. :mrgreen:
Anything you think I’m missing?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anything you think I’m missing?

No. I don’t think so.
In looking (ok, ok, studying :blush: ) the original antique sapphire/rose cut halo, and also looking at the inspired by versions done by various designers/jewelers out there - I think what you have done, and come up with, is spot on gorgeous!
I like it. Can you tell? Lol.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. I don’t think so.
In looking (ok, ok, studying :blush: ) the original antique sapphire/rose cut halo, and also looking at the inspired by versions done by various designers/jewelers out there - I think what you have done, and come up with, is spot on gorgeous!
I like it. Can you tell? Lol.

Well, thank you. I think your eye for details is beyond impressive so that means a lot to me. :mrgreen: Studying...:lol:

Yea, what she said! :)
This is going to be so beautiful!

Lol. Great minds think alike. ;)2 Thank you.
P.S. I love your new sapphire band!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Ding! Ding! Ding!
:appl:
Fabulous!!
Ooh I hope we don't, I mean, you don't, have to wait too long! I cannot wait to see this come to life!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ding! Ding! Ding!
:appl:
Fabulous!!
Ooh I hope we don't, I mean, you don't, have to wait too long! I cannot wait to see this come to life!

Something tells me it’s going to feel like forever. The custom cut emeralds alone take weeks...and that was pre quarantine times. :???: I asked Amy to make one very tiny change (tapering out the crescent shaped line to about 2/3 of the way through that small side stone). It looks great as is but it was tapered a little further back than I expected. Then I’ll be ready for a plastic model. Here’s hoping they are still doing those because I really don’t want to start the emeralds until I’m positive about the design.

Still, I’m excited! Now I just have to make a real decision on the two tone. I’m definitely using 18k rose gold and white gold / plat. One of these two options.

6548AD3B-5101-4B3D-A3D3-54A0163BCBAF.jpeg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I think this might be it. I’m feeling super excited! Amy totally nailed the curved edge I was looking for.

What do you guys think?

0A5322AE-DC60-43C8-9DF9-4B76C77DDC0A.jpeg

When you first described the stone as antique lace- it fits even better with this ring design.
If someone else already said that and just parroting them I apologize. But it fits.
Love it.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
*yelling* Holy crap, I want it.
I covet it.:love:
I'm anxiously awaiting to see it!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I don't think you can go wrong with either of the metal option choices, but if that top one with the rose gold on the outer emerald halo was your original vision, like the Knox ring, I think it will look great !

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you first described the stone as antique lace- it fits even better with this ring design.
If someone else already said that and just parroting them I apologize. But it fits.
Love it.

My antique style ring with and antique lace diamond. A match made in heaven. :mrgreen:

*yelling* Holy crap, I want it.
I covet it.:love:
I'm anxiously awaiting to see it!

That made me laugh. Thank you! :love:

I don't think you can go wrong with either of the metal option choices, but if that top one with the rose gold on the outer emerald halo was your original vision, like the Knox ring, I think it will look great !

Thanks for your advice. I‘m leaning towards the rose gold center. That one just stands out to me more. Mostly, I’m excited to use rose gold with the emeralds because I don’t usually see it done. DK’s 18k rose gold is like the perfect champagne color. A little pink, a little gold.

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
My goodness I can't wait to see the completed ring.

naroo_11

Shiny_Rock
I am sure it will be worth the wait. Please show when complete.

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
This thread is very exciting! I’m excited!

I myself am not very creative when it comes to dreaming up designs other than for solitaire stones. One stone, fine. But bring a whole slough of stones in and I wouldn't know what to do.:geek2:

I love the adjustments you made; when I thought it couldn’t get any better, it did. My vote goes to rose gold for the halo - it just spoke to me straight away. The rose gold stands out, just enough.

Please keep us updated.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sure it will be worth the wait. Please show when complete.

It may be a while but I certainly will! :D

This thread is very exciting! I’m excited!

I myself am not very creative when it comes to dreaming up designs other than for solitaire stones. One stone, fine. But bring a whole slough of stones in and I wouldn't know what to do.:geek2:

I love the adjustments you made; when I thought it couldn’t get any better, it did. My vote goes to rose gold for the halo - it just spoke to me straight away. The rose gold stands out, just enough.

Please keep us updated.

Thank you. I’m super excited too. I wish it could be done already so I could just get it on my finger...but alas, these things take time. Especially during quarantine. :lol: They wont be able to send me a plastic model until the shop is open again (which isn’t until around May 15th ;(). So I’m doing my best to remain patient in the meantime.

As for settings, I spend an inordinate amount of time on Pinterest, scrolling through setting ideas. Anytime something pops out at me, I save it to a folder. I took a long time coming up with an idea for this one because nothing felt right...until it did. :mrgreen:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elle, it's very beautiful.. I do have to say ALL your jewelry is perfection.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results