shape
carat
color
clarity

Help setting an O colored 1.59ct AVC diamond

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new plastic is in and it has the little emerald shapes (yay) so I painted it up and here we are. New one on the left. Old one on the right.

I have two points I’m deciding on.
1. The new cad has the EW sides set just a smidge lower. I‘m spending some time with them to see which style I like better.

2. You already know I’m doing two tone but I’m not sure which color the little bump should be. That section between the shoulder and the rest of the shank. What do you guys think?

6BED2379-A55F-4291-B6A4-D300F4BC49AD.jpeg
0E1F9D12-BE81-4BAE-8111-F1804AB64A8C.jpeg
98A827BE-C831-467C-B330-695B5DB7B8FB.jpeg
FDA5B757-E361-4B6F-9630-CFF8E82506F0.jpeg
96EF3CAC-0EB1-49B2-A4EB-C814A25D4F82.jpeg

One with my diamond set (crookedly) into it.
A9BBE1E4-A3D9-4FF4-A9BA-E843012DB273.jpeg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh! I like that they added the emeralds to the plastic model. Your idea or theirs? I think it helps visualize. Your paint job does as well!
I don’t feel strongly either way on the little bit matching the shoulder or the shank. I lean towards liking it matching the shank, tho.

the pic with your diamond in it- so so lovely! :love:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
The EW “petals” that are a little lower were the first things I noted from the profile pic. I was going hmm.... not sure... but then viewing it more... I got to like it more. It gave it more depth to the “petals“ and therefore dimension to the ring. I like it more with that effect.

as to the colour of that band- either or... when I view it one way- it was the shank colour .. then another time and angle- the shoulder. I dint think you could go wrong with either.

I ahbe to say that I am in a rose gold fix at the moment so that would be my leaning.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Ok I haven't really been involved with this process at all so far but it looks AMAZING [understatement] and I need to go and read many many pages of what must have been very hard work to get to this point!

As for your shoulder cuffs, I honestly think they look slightly odd because of the two tone... oops? Any chance you could have JUST them as the alternative colour (that would look awesome) and continue the (presumably) platinum on the rest of the shank? Or you could not have them and just have a change with a groove. You could have two on each side, one of each colour (maybe odd) or...! The silver colour, a rose gold cuff, a silver coloured cuff and then a rose shank... That might be cool... Maybe a bit fussy.... Otherwise I prefer them as platinum as then my eye seems to create a blend almost between the two metals.

Sorry that was a vomit of ideas, hope it might help ha ha.

What an awesome ring for a beautiful stone, you're doing a great job!

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
This project is an amazing labor of love and it was so fun to read about your journey on this one so far. I’m looking forward to the end result.

I like rose gold for the little bumps!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Ok I haven't really been involved with this process at all so far but it looks AMAZING [understatement] and I need to go and read many many pages of what must have been very hard work to get to this point!

As for your shoulder cuffs, I honestly think they look slightly odd because of the two tone... oops? Any chance you could have JUST them as the alternative colour (that would look awesome) and continue the (presumably) platinum on the rest of the shank? Or you could not have them and just have a change with a groove. You could have two on each side, one of each colour (maybe odd) or...! The silver colour, a rose gold cuff, a silver coloured cuff and then a rose shank... That might be cool... Maybe a bit fussy.... Otherwise I prefer them as platinum as then my eye seems to create a blend almost between the two metals.

Sorry that was a vomit of ideas, hope it might help ha ha.

20200628_222018.png

This is... EVERYTHING!! How exciting!

& Another vote for rose gold for the bumps.

I have changed my mind based on @CHRISTY-DANIELLE's helpful zoomed in picture - if you're going to keep to the more straightforward two tone then I like the rose gold cuffs because of that top down view making it look like the rose gold cuffs are discrete. I hadn't twigged that earlier. :))

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh! I like that they added the emeralds to the plastic model. Your idea or theirs? I think it helps visualize. Your paint job does as well!
I don’t feel strongly either way on the little bit matching the shoulder or the shank. I lean towards liking it matching the shank, tho.

the pic with your diamond in it- so so lovely! :love:
I never thought to ask for the emeralds to be shown in the plastic model but they made it so much better! I'm going with rose gold for the little bump. After seeing the two plastics, side by side, it was an easy choice. :mrgreen:

The EW “petals” that are a little lower were the first things I noted from the profile pic. I was going hmm.... not sure... but then viewing it more... I got to like it more. It gave it more depth to the “petals“ and therefore dimension to the ring. I like it more with that effect.

as to the colour of that band- either or... when I view it one way- it was the shank colour .. then another time and angle- the shoulder. I dint think you could go wrong with either.

I ahbe to say that I am in a rose gold fix at the moment so that would be my leaning.

Thanks for your input! I'm going with rose gold for the band & little bump before the shoulders. :D

It has definitely been a lot of work and a lot of back and forth on my end. :lol-2:
I have decided to use rose gold for the bottom portion so thank you for your updated vote. :D

Bump = rose gold IMO!!
Thank you. That's the plan now. As soon as I saw the two plastics, side by side, I knew rose gold was the right choice. :mrgreen:

This project is an amazing labor of love and it was so fun to read about your journey on this one so far. I’m looking forward to the end result.

I like rose gold for the little bumps!

Labor of love indeed! It has been a challenge but if it turns out as I hope, it will be well worth the effort. :mrgreen:

20200628_222018.png

This is... EVERYTHING!! How exciting!

& Another vote for rose gold for the bumps.
Thank you! :love:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After spending the weekend with my new plastic, I feel like I need to make a couple tiny changes.

1. The line, coming down from the crescent shape, goes too far into the side petals for my taste. I love it in CAD form but I didn't care for it in the plastic. I'm going to bring it back to the line I had in a previous CAD (see below).

ring cad crop (4-27).jpeg

2. I think the "step down" on the side petals is a little too far down for me. I'm planning on having them brought up to just below the edge of the NS sections.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Whoo hoo!!! All the extra effort & the wait ;-) will be sooo worth it when you get this perfection on your hand!
I already can't stand the wait! I want to see this so bad! I'm sure its worse for you!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoo hoo!!! All the extra effort & the wait ;-) will be sooo worth it when you get this perfection on your hand!
I already can't stand the wait! I want to see this so bad! I'm sure its worse for you!

Oh yeah, the wait is going to be killer, especially with those custom cut emeralds. :shock: I shall persevere (seeing as I have no other choice).:lol:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
This is EXTREMELY exciting!

Dare I ask how long they think the wait will be?

It's always difficult... Whilst you're making changes it feels like things are moving forward, and then you accept things and suddenly... It's like time stops!

Wishing you lots of other joyful things to fill your time... Try and enjoy the wait if you can, it's excruciating but also somehow delicious...!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Finally! Omg omg omg!
I am so excited for you & am living through you right now!
This is going to be one killer ring!!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is EXTREMELY exciting!

Dare I ask how long they think the wait will be?

It's always difficult... Whilst you're making changes it feels like things are moving forward, and then you accept things and suddenly... It's like time stops!

Wishing you lots of other joyful things to fill your time... Try and enjoy the wait if you can, it's excruciating but also somehow delicious...!

Sorry, I forgot to come check this thread. :doh:

I don’t have a time frame but they said it’s going to take a while. Each of the little emeralds has to be cut one at a time. I’ve been keeping busy so hopefully the time will pass before I know it. :D

Finally! Omg omg omg!
I am so excited for you & am living through you right now!
This is going to be one killer ring!!

Thank you so much! I’m really nervous about it but also very excited. :mrgreen:

@elle_71125
how are you doing today?
:lol:
-check your email woman!
:)

Email checked. ;)2

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok, I have the most exciting news. My ring is done! :dance:

I‘m going to start working on a post right now...

I looked for it on his Instagram but it’s not there yet! Can’t wait!!!

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, it's absolutely dreamy! I especially like how the emeralds frame your diamond. And I'm wearing one of my August Vintage cushions today, too -- it's a 1.14 carat P VS2. I love warmer AVCs! :appl:

It's a masterpiece,enjoy your new ring. Great job DK et al.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, it's absolutely dreamy! I especially like how the emeralds frame your diamond. And I'm wearing one of my August Vintage cushions today, too -- it's a 1.14 carat P VS2. I love warmer AVCs! :appl:

Thank you!

Your profile pic is your AVC right? It's freaking gorgeous! :love: The warmth really makes them special imo.

It's a masterpiece,enjoy your new ring. Great job DK et al.

Thank you so much! I can't get over how great of a job they did with this one. :dance:

naroo_11

Shiny_Rock
Looking forward to a finger shot :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results