shape
carat
color
clarity

Help: Round Diamond Search

duckduckgrayduck

Rough_Rock
I checked right away too. I'm shocked (and in awe). Yes, 2.3-2.5, maybe even bigger if that is possible.

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about this one?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one is in the $2K range but looks really nice.

This one is a little less precisely cut but the price is great.

duckduckgrayduck

Rough_Rock
Thanks, @Kim N. I went for less precisely cut but for a great price. That was some crazy buying. I didn't even get to check out the $2K stone. Phew.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @Kim N. I went for less precisely cut but for a great price. That was some crazy buying. I didn't even get to check out the $2K stone. Phew.

I'm glad you grabbed it! I don't know why everyone's suddenly buying diamonds today. :lol:

duckduckgrayduck

Rough_Rock
I'm glad you grabbed it! I don't know why everyone's suddenly buying diamonds today. :lol:

@Kim N No kidding! Must be a slow day for everyone.

Do you by chance remember how much the 2.37 ct stone was?

Also, the "less precise cut" was hearts and arrows. How is that possible? I bought it pretty quickly. Are you worried about pavilion twist?

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No kidding! Must be a slow day for everyone.

Do you by chance remember how much the 2.37 ct stone was?

Also, the "less precise cut" was hearts and arrows. How is that possible? I bought it pretty quickly. Are you worried about pavilion twist?

I think the 2.37 was around $1800.

We don't really know how accurate the H&A designation is because IGI doesn't provide actual H&A images. It does appear to have a minor amount of pavilion twist in the video, but the diamond is slightly tilted, so that might be throwing things off.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kim N do you think I would even notice or care?

If there really is pavilion twist (and I'm not totally sure there is), you might notice a bit of extra darkness between a few of the arrow bases. But if there is, it's quite minor, so you may not notice it at all.

duckduckgrayduck

Rough_Rock
If there really is pavilion twist (and I'm not totally sure there is), you might notice a bit of extra darkness between a few of the arrow bases. But if there is, it's quite minor, so you may not notice it at all.

@Kim N Good to hear. Can't wait to see it. Thanks again for your help on this!

duckduckgrayduck

Rough_Rock
I’m so excited. Here’s the 1.88 vs 2.56 ct stone. I am loving the size and it seems like the bigger one has more life. Thoughts? We were concerned about pavilion twist with the bigger one, but it looks fine to my untrained eye.

@Kim N @DejaWiz thanks so much for your advice!

2B6AF75F-619C-4595-B0A7-C961DDD1193F.jpeg

Attachments

• 63E666A7-4E01-4A42-ABFC-1D6A2BE994D7.jpeg
    63E666A7-4E01-4A42-ABFC-1D6A2BE994D7.jpeg
    164.3 KB · Views: 33

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
At similar levels of cut quality/precision, bigger stones tend to look more lively due to bigger and more visible virtual facets.

duckduckgrayduck

Rough_Rock
At similar levels of cut quality/precision, bigger stones tend to look more lively due to bigger and more visible virtual facets.

@0-0-0 Uh oh. I’m afraid to ask…is the larger diamond ugly and I’m just not seeing it? Have I been taken in by the size?

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
I love the 2.56! At that size, I don’t think the minor pavilion issues are visible. Enjoy!!!

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
:confused: If the larger diamond is ugly it wouldn’t look like it has more life. If it looks like it has more life it should have at least similar levels of cut quality/precision than the smaller one. If you like the bigger one more in person that’s all that matters!

We are all just taking somewhat educated online without seeing the actual stones in person. Based on the vendor video, I don’t think there’s much pavilion twist. The video is taken at a slight tilt and the black triangles between the arrows are similar sized and symmetrical. That is normal for even the most perfectly cut H&A rounds!

duckduckgrayduck

Rough_Rock
Thank goodness! Thank you, @0-0-0 and @0515vision. I am 1000% an amateur and have absolutely no confidence in this. I just thought the 2.56 was beautiful, but don’t trust myself. I had assumed you see things I cannot see. Appreciate the reassurance. ❤️❤️❤️ I thought @Kim N did amazing picking it out!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so excited. Here’s the 1.88 vs 2.56 ct stone. I am loving the size and it seems like the bigger one has more life. Thoughts? We were concerned about pavilion twist with the bigger one, but it looks fine to my untrained eye.

@Kim N @DejaWiz thanks so much for your advice!

2B6AF75F-619C-4595-B0A7-C961DDD1193F.jpeg

You're very welcome! I love the 2.56 in your photos, and I'm glad it's performing well!

duckduckgrayduck

Rough_Rock
You’re going to think I’m crazy. As a last check, I ran the Diamond stats through the HCA calculator and got a 0.8. @Kim N @0-0-0 @0515vision should I be concerned?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You’re going to think I’m crazy. As a last check, I ran the Diamond stats through the HCA calculator and got a 0.8. @Kim N @0-0-0 @0515vision should I be concerned?

The HCA got revamped in the last several years, so the former "rule" doesn't apply much of the time. I see nothing to be concerned about for this diamond. Most stones under 2 and sometimes 2.5 are worth further consideration.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results