shape
carat
color
clarity

Help: Round Diamond Search

duckduckgrayduck

Rough_Rock
I have been looking at too many lab grown diamonds ,and my head is spinning. Everything is starting to look the same. Can someone help me find something? I am a 4.75 ring size looking for the following:

Round
Carat: 1.75 - 2.5 ct
Clarity: VS2 or better
Color: H or above
Cut: Super ideal, if it's designated as hearts and arrows on the cert, I would LOVE that
Budget: $1500 or below

Would like to avoid blue nuance, brown strain, etc.

Thanks in advance for sharing your expertise and eyes.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, duckduckgrayduck!
I found one just north of 2 carats that I really want you to take a look at, but it is priced at just under $1650..if that's too much of a stretch, then I will keep searching.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found two options for you. Let me know when you're online and ready to put one on hold.

duckduckgrayduck

Rough_Rock
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, duckduckgrayduck!
I found one just north of 2 carats that I really want you to take a look at, but it is priced at just under $1650..if that's too much of a stretch, then I will keep searching.
@DejaWiz Thank you for the warm welcome and for the help!

That's a bit of a stretch, but I am very curious to see it.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kim N Thank you so much for your help! Had to deal with bedtime, but I am ready now!

Here you go!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@DejaWiz Thank you for the warm welcome and for the help!

That's a bit of a stretch, but I am very curious to see it.

Listed at other sellers, which you can request a price match if there's a particular one you'd rather buy from:

Video link:

Grading report link:

duckduckgrayduck

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your help, @DejaWiz and @Kim N. You two are truly the dynamic duo. I placed an order for Kim's first choice, but I am a bit nervous now because the diamond doesn't appear to be available on Loose Grown Diamonds. I did but it on Adiamor and requested a price match. Let's see where that takes me. Fingers crossed.

If you run across any other diamonds - maybe ones that are a bit smaller? (I have small fingers), I would love to see other choices. Thanks again!!!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your help, @DejaWiz and @Kim N. You two are truly the dynamic duo. I placed an order for Kim's first choice, but I am a bit nervous now because the diamond doesn't appear to be available on Loose Grown Diamonds. I did but it on Adiamor and requested a price match. Let's see where that takes me. Fingers crossed.

If you run across any other diamonds - maybe ones that are a bit smaller? (I have small fingers), I would love to see other choices. Thanks again!!!!

You're very welcome! I hope you get that one—it was my favorite of the two.

These aren't designated H&A, but they still look very nice.

duckduckgrayduck

Rough_Rock
@DejaWiz @Kim N Thanks again for being so generous with your time and skills. I was wondering if either of you are available to look at a couple of options I would like to run by you.

I was able to get the 2.11 that Kim N suggested. I am considering ordering the 2.12 one too for a direct comparison. Additionally, I am trying to find a diamond around $1000 as another comparison point; I don't mind smaller and it looks like there are good options at that price point. But then again, I don't know what a good option truly looks like, so would like your advice. Thanks in advance!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@DejaWiz @Kim N Thanks again for being so generous with your time and skills. I was wondering if either of you are available to look at a couple of options I would like to run by you.

I was able to get the 2.11 that Kim N suggested. I am considering ordering the 2.12 one too for a direct comparison. Additionally, I am trying to find a diamond around $1000 as another comparison point; I don't mind smaller and it looks like there are good options at that price point. But then again, I don't know what a good option truly looks like, so would like your advice. Thanks in advance!

Sure thing!
What carat range are you thinking for $1000?

duckduckgrayduck

Rough_Rock
@DejaWiz I was thinking 1.80/1.9ish ct. Looks like some of these are CVD diamonds. Should I stay away from them?

Some examples:

This came from Kim N yesterday, but I have my sights on hearts and arrows:

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm glad you were able to get the 2.11!

If you are willing to give up the H&A designation, here are two good options.

duckduckgrayduck

Rough_Rock
@Kim N Thanks so much, Kim! Just curious: were the ones I had linked not so great choices? You won’t hurt my feelings. I’m just learning.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kim N Thanks so much, Kim! Just curious: were the ones I had linked not so great choices? You won’t hurt my feelings. I’m just learning.

All of the Gs showed some graining, and I would want to see an Ideal-Scope image for the 36/40.6 combo to be sure there's no leakage.

duckduckgrayduck

Rough_Rock
Thanks again for your help, @Kim N and @DejaWiz! I ended up purchasing the following:

~$900, 1.88ct E VVS2: ~$1600, 2.11ct E VS1: https://loupe360.com/diamond/LG618481027

I am so excited to see them in person. Do you have any advice on what to look for when I get them in person to figure out which one to keep (besides how they look on my hand)? I am happy to share photos if you are interested (although, I assume these are mundane stats?).

I am worried by cheapo side is going to convince myself to keep the 1.88ct. You've done so much, but if you have any suggestions on a larger stone than 1.88ct (like a bit above 2ct. so it's comparable to the second one) at a lower price point than $1600, please do let me know.

Last edited:

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
There’s a 2.87 ct E VVS2 for under $1800 if you want to go bigger.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks again for your help, @Kim N and @DejaWiz! I ended up purchasing the following:

~$900, 1.88ct E VVS2: ~$1600, 2.11ct E VS1: https://loupe360.com/diamond/LG618481027

I am so excited to see them in person. Do you have any advice on what to look for when I get them in person to figure out which one to keep (besides how they look on my hand)? I am happy to share photos if you are interested (although, I assume these are mundane stats?).

I am worried by cheapo side is going to convince myself to keep the 1.88ct. You've done so much, but if you have any suggestions on a larger stone than 1.88ct (like a bit above 2ct. so it's comparable to the second one) at a lower price point than $1600, please do let me know.

The size difference between those two will be noticeable, but not night and day different. I like the 1.88 a lot.

When you get them, bring them around all your usual lighting environments to compare performance. I think one will end up speaking to you more. My favorite lighting is under a broad leafy tree on a sunny day.

duckduckgrayduck

Rough_Rock
There’s a 2.87 ct E VVS2 for under $1800 if you want to go bigger.

Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe too large for me? I am a size 4.75 and I am worried that may be too large. I have learned about DSS here (is that the acronym for thinking a large stone is small after a while?), so not sure how true that is!

Realized my post was not clear - I would like to stick to the 2/2.1 ct but see if there are cheaper options than $1600. :)

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I had decided not to get both the 2.11ct and 2.12 ct because they seemed pretty similar to me. @DejaWiz @Kim N Do you think it's worth getting both to see them in person? Not sure if you two have a preference. Thanks for your viewpoints!

2.11 ct: https://loupe360.com/diamond/LG618481027
2.12 ct: https://loupe360.com/diamond/LG618430121

I would - the more diamonds that you can compare gives you an advantage.
Plus, I'm a sucker for smaller tables and taller crowns...you might also be. :razz:

duckduckgrayduck

Rough_Rock
So I ended up just ordering the 1.88 ct and the 2.11 ct. The 1.88 carat has arrived and while it's beautiful...I'm not wowed. I don't think it looks large enough for me to feel like it's an upgrade. My previous engagement ring, the princess cut in the photo, is 1.09 ct.

What do you folks think? The diamond @0-0-0 suggested is gone. What is the largest carat I can go with a budget of around $1500 without sacrificing the cut? My previous engagement ring is an H and the 1.88 carat is a an E, and I truly can't tell the difference. As long as it's eye clean, I don't care about clarity.

Attachments

• IMG_0544 (2).JPG
    IMG_0544 (2).JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 19

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I ended up just ordering the 1.88 ct and the 2.11 ct. The 1.88 carat has arrived and while it's beautiful...I'm not wowed. I don't think it looks large enough for me to feel like it's an upgrade. My previous engagement ring, the princess cut in the photo, is 1.09 ct.

What do you folks think? The diamond @0-0-0 suggested is gone. What is the largest carat I can go with a budget of around $1500 without sacrificing the cut? My previous engagement ring is an H and the 1.88 carat is a an E, and I truly can't tell the difference. As long as it's eye clean, I don't care about clarity.

Seeing it next to your previous ring, I agree about the size difference.

Let me know when you're online. I have some options for you to take a look at.

duckduckgrayduck

Rough_Rock
Seeing it next to your previous ring, I agree about the size difference.

Let me know when you're online. I have some options for you to take a look at.

I am on!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here you go!

duckduckgrayduck

Rough_Rock
Thanks, @Kim N! Nothing showed up for the first two. Probably quickly snagged? Crazy action this afternoon!

duckduckgrayduck

Rough_Rock
I already have the 2.11 coming my way. I don't think the 1st (2.07), 3rd (2.19), or 4th (2.18) will make a difference? The 2nd one (2.37) would be good see, but it's gone. :(

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @Kim N! Nothing showed up for the first two. Probably quickly snagged? Crazy action this afternoon!

That's nuts. I can't believe they're gone already.

What size were you hoping for then? Around 2.3?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results