shape
carat
color
clarity

Help picking out an oval

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you know anything about The Ring Concierge? Maybe I just let them pick my oval?

I would not do that. There are threads about people being unhappy with their customer service. I wouldn't pay someone to find a stone (especially a fancy cut), without REALLY trusting them.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They can find some stones but be aware you will pay for their services when people here can do it for free. It takes time and patience to find a good oval so I can understand wanting to skip that and pay for someone else to do it

Using ring concierge (about which I know nothing except that she has some gorgeous settings) will further reduce your budget as how does she make any money except by reducing your budget. But if you are wearying of this process, then yes use a middleman.

I have not bought from Distinctive Gems but wouldn’t hesitate to as his stones are gorgeous and he’s transparent. Have you called to speak with him? I would! His reputation is great and is known as a helpful vendor. Really I urge you to call. And ask on PS whether anyone has had a bad experience with him.

I have bought from James Allen before they stopped automatically providing reports. I got a great small round stone but it was lots of digging around myself. I didn’t mind and it was fun but it seems ovals are harder.

Best of luck in your search!

Edit: also I didn’t rely on the James Allen customer service as they were hit or miss.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe Rino will also help pick stones free of charge. I did not listen to the whole video so not completely sure how it works.

Have you gotten any estimates from RC on what you can get in your budget? I really dont know much about her except I got the feeling that she was
a little more expensive.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would reach out to Alex at Parks, tell him what you want he will find it, he can be abrasive with no fluff in his conversations. He will find you a very nice stone well within budget (possibly save $) and can do any setting you want.

He is a trusted vendor that a lot of us here (myself included) that have purchased from him. My only advice is be specific over your wants when inquiring

for example

brucie1855

Rough_Rock
Using ring concierge (about which I know nothing except that she has some gorgeous settings) will further reduce your budget as how does she make any money except by reducing your budget. But if you are wearying of this process, then yes use a middleman.

I have not bought from Distinctive Gems but wouldn’t hesitate to as his stones are gorgeous and he’s transparent. Have you called to speak with him? I would! His reputation is great and is known as a helpful vendor. Really I urge you to call. And ask on PS whether anyone has had a bad experience with him.

I have bought from James Allen before they stopped automatically providing reports. I got a great small round stone but it was lots of digging around myself. I didn’t mind and it was fun but it seems ovals are harder.

Best of luck in your search!

Edit: also I didn’t rely on the James Allen customer service as they were hit or miss.

I submitted the online for help picking out a stone from Distinctive Gems but haven't heard back yet. He seems to have the very best. I think I'll just give him a ring on Monday and see if he can help me.

James Allen customer service has recommended stones and then not recommended the same stone when I asked a different rep so I'm not sure I'm interested in relying on them again.

brucie1855

Rough_Rock
I would reach out to Alex at Parks, tell him what you want he will find it, he can be abrasive with no fluff in his conversations. He will find you a very nice stone well within budget (possibly save $) and can do any setting you want.

He is a trusted vendor that a lot of us here (myself included) that have purchased from him. My only advice is be specific over your wants when inquiring

for example

I'll take a look. Thanks!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I submitted the online for help picking out a stone from Distinctive Gems but haven't heard back yet. He seems to have the very best. I think I'll just give him a ring on Monday and see if he can help me.

James Allen customer service has recommended stones and then not recommended the same stone when I asked a different rep so I'm not sure I'm interested in relying on them again.

Yes, sometimes calling is best!

And with James Allen, my experience too.

brucie1855

Rough_Rock
It does no good without the links. You cant buy fancy cut stones like ovals by the certs...but yes, they do help.

Where are they on hold at? Which vendor?

Edit...I was thinking we might be able to track them down.

A possibility...

Can anyone take a look at this one for me? I don't know a lot about this site but I do love their settings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results