shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP! Opinions needed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vedderbetter

Rough_Rock
Hello All!

I''m an admitted sapphire novice so I was hoping some of you could lend your more experienced eye to this stone I''m considering for my E-ring. I''m having trouble uploading the photo from the website so here''s a link until I figure it out:

http://www.planetarygems.com/images/blue%20no%20heat%20top%20color%201.66%20cts.%20Roval%20SL06-07.jpg

Is this a good buy or am I getting seduced by simple good photography? Heated/unheated isn''t that important to me - I just want to beautiful stone!

Thank you for your help!

Icce

Shiny_Rock
I think that is a very pretty blue however, I dont know if it the photo or it will look that way in real life. Not much help I know. How is the return policy?

vedderbetter

Rough_Rock
Pretty standard return - seven days after receipt to return with full refund minus shipping costs as long as the stone hasn''t been altered or damaged in any way. The stone is about a $1000 with tax and is 1.66 carats. Do you think it''s priced reasonably?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
It looks pretty but all their stones seem to be lit up quite a bit so I''d expect it to be a lot darker in person.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pictures on that site always look so nice, with prices that sometimes seem too good to be true. I''ve never bought from them because it just seemed like too good of a deal sometimes, and because they site seems to be catered towards astrological purposes. I''d probably send it to get certified.

Let us know how it goes if you do buy it though :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can see a very strong and dark shadow of the gem, which means that a strong light sourced was used to lighten the true colour of the sapphire. I expect the sapphire to be much darker in person, but don't know for sure how dark it will be. The other thing I noticed is the outline. It looks like a cross between an oval and a round so this sapphire may need a custom setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results