shape
carat
color
clarity

Help needed: ideas for a flush mount 6 prong setting

silliex

Rough_Rock
@ItsMainelyYou well said! I have read similar stories and could not get them out of my head. One of the jewelers I talked told me the story of their client's ring getting sheared off after it got caught on the dumpster lid. I was advised to be cautious about holding things with the ring on, that carrying groceries can even put too much pressure on the ring.

I did hear of one story of a woman who rode the subway and her ring got caught on a stranger's coat after they bumped into her, it bent her ring head, luckily it was still in one piece. It definitely gives pause that even if you are careful, you can only do so much.

@nala123 please keep us updated on your journey!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are certainly ways to make this type of setting more structurally sound. But it means working with an experienced jeweler. Unfortunately, that isn’t all of them.

silliex

Rough_Rock
So true! I hope everyone has the opportunity to be able to work with an experienced jeweler. I've seen so many sad stories about folks working with big retailers but have issues with the craftsmanship. I felt a little silly going in to the jewelers several times but I'm so glad I did because now I am sure about my decision to work with them, and trust their craftsmanship and expertise. I've also allowed myself some time to live with the modifications we needed to make to make the piece more structurally sound (can you tell I am a control freak, neurotic and anxious :lol:).

I still find myself wavering and worrying but I really do think I should place my trust in them. It's been a week since I dropped off my diamond. I hope the next few weeks goes by faster!! I'm looking at a total of 4 weeks for production and then however long my boyfriend wants to take to surprise me. :pray::errrr:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results