shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP!!!! My setting adventure has turned into a disaster!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dan862

Rough_Rock
Last week I mentioned I took my diamond and setting to a jeweler to have the stone set. I went in today to pick the ring up and upon inspection I noticed the stone was small. That was because it was not MY ROCK OR MY SETTING!!!

I have a 1.1ct A Cut Above Whiteflash round. Tomorrow, when the mishap is supposed to be cleared up, we are going to look under the scope to make sure numbers match with my certificate. What else should I look for to make sure its mine? They said I could have it by Thursday, I insisted on tomorrow. They are really gumming up the works right now.

I can''t help but think my ring is on another woman''s finger right now. What would be the appropriate course of action if they have lost my stone and setting? I have declared the worth of the stone and setting, I guess I will just lose time if they have to replace it.

Arrrrghh!!!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The girdle should have lasered on it: ACA######## There''s no way you won''t know if it''s yours.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
YIKES!!!!! Thank God you realized it!!!

But, *just in case* they lasered some other stone with your # (God forbid), make sure you look under the scope at the inclusions, to make sure the inclusions on the stone they are giving you match up with the inclusions on the report that came with the stone.

dan862

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/19/2006 8:16:55 PM
Author: :)
YIKES!!!!! Thank God you realized it!!!

But, *just in case* they lasered some other stone with your # (God forbid), make sure you look under the scope at the inclusions, to make sure the inclusions on the stone they are giving you match up with the inclusions on the report that came with the stone.

Yes, thank god! The other stone was less than 1ct. The setting was PT900 vs PT950. What kills me is that if I left and had not looked it over with the same scrutiny that I did, I would be up a creek with no paddle. How many men out there would have not given it a second look?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also you could use a calipers to measure the diameter.

Be careful to not chip the stone.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also you could ask the jeweler to measure the stone in front of you.
Make sure the numbers match the AGS report.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Something else, that Jon at GOG told me, because no one in the world can see my Isee2 logo. Simply look at it with the Arrows viewer WF sent you. Not too many H&A stones floating around in the general population.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Why is it they are waiting til tomorrow to look at it under magnification? They should have done that as soon as you complained.

Very bad thing to happen. Hopefully they still have the ring, are honest people and got messed up by the holiday rush.

Thank god it has an inscription. How long have they been in possession of your stone? It seems farfetched that they would laser on a similar inscription and in any case it would not matter since it would not match the cert.

Good luck with this thing and I hope it all turns out just fine.

dan862

Rough_Rock
They carry HOF diamonds at this store. They will have a viewer on hand - last time I was in the store I could not convince them ACA was as nice as HOF. The proof is in the pudding and I will persevere some how tomorrow.

I will look for A Cut Above on the girdle to prove the stone is mine.

Does anyone else out there ever feel like a magnet for stuff like this?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

But, *just in case* they lasered some other stone with your # (God forbid),

That's really not possible.

ACA stones are inscribed with the "A Cut Above" logo as well as the AGS #, so it's a bit more involved than just copying the number.

dan862

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/19/2006 8:38:10 PM
Author: Beacon
Why is it they are waiting til tomorrow to look at it under magnification? They should have done that as soon as you complained.

Very bad thing to happen. Hopefully they still have the ring, are honest people and got messed up by the holiday rush.

Thank god it has an inscription. How long have they been in possession of your stone? It seems farfetched that they would laser on a similar inscription and in any case it would not matter since it would not match the cert.

Good luck with this thing and I hope it all turns out just fine.

They were my local jeweler when I lived in Maine, I was always pleased with their work. I live in NH now and they have store here. I have continued to use them as my jeweler.

They do not do work on site, they send it out. I regret not having the work done in front of me - it was one of those weeks where I did not have time to audition a new jeweler, I just needed to get the work done. I have never been let down by them before - but this is the mother of all let downs, well I should hold off on that statement, I still don''t have my ring.

They have had the stone for a week - which was their estimated turn time given the holidays are upon us. The stone is at their workshop in Maine (hence the fact that I think someone opened their box and Christmas came early for them). This is why I insisted up getting the stone tomorrow. I figure if they can''t get it by then they really boogered up.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2006 8:45:40 PM
Author: aljdewey

But, *just in case* they lasered some other stone with your # (God forbid),

That''s really not possible.

ACA stones are inscribed with the ''A Cut Above'' logo as well as the AGS #, so it''s a bit more involved than just copying the number.
make sure you look for the logo too then - and wow.... sounds intentional to me, I hope it isn''t!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results