shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me work with my $1800 budget for an engagement ring

leavesthataregreen

Rough_Rock
Pros and cons of knife edge rings:

I see. Maybe I'll try to find a cheap one on Amazon to have her try on and see if she can stand the "poking." Thanks for the heads up.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just found this stone on Brilliant Earth. 0.8 I VVS2.

Seems to have some good stats that line up with @tyty333's comments

This stone has a high crown at 36 degrees. You would really need an aset or idealscope image for this stone.

Unfortunately, BE has bad reviews too :confused2:

leavesthataregreen

Rough_Rock
This stone has a high crown at 36 degrees. You would really need an aset or idealscope image for this stone.

Unfortunately, BE has bad reviews too :confused2:

Somehow I think I knew they had bad reviews and I just completely forgot. Real shame.

Everyone that has contributed to this thread has been a huge help! Thanks to everyone for caring so much and being so helpful.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
She just wants any solitaire setting. She's not that into too much bling and just wants something comfortable to wear.

I'm aware of everything going on in the world right now. I'm just trying to get ahead of this whole thing so that way when everything (hopefully) calms down a bit I can pop the question.

Something happy and wonderful to look forward to:appl:
We all need that right now
please keep us updated =)2

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock

So when talking about lightbox and potentially purchasing one of their necklaces in a setting with another jeweler, is that what everyone is talking about?

Yes, we are referring to purchasing one of their 1ct pendant necklaces. Then getting it set into a ring at another jeweler.

Between the white gold and the yellow gold options, based on a sample size of 1 PSer, I'd recommend going with the white gold as the stone looked slightly whiter. Makes sense to me though that they'd use the whiter stones for the white gold, since yellow gold compliments warmth more.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
This thread has gorgeous pictures and videos of the Lightbox pendant.

leavesthataregreen

Rough_Rock
This thread has gorgeous pictures and videos of the Lightbox pendant.

Now that is a nice looking stone! Wow, I might just have to do this! At $800, that price can't be beat. I'll have to see if she's comfortable with 1 carat first

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Now that is a nice looking stone! Wow, I might just have to do this! At $800, that price can't be beat. I'll have to see if she's comfortable with 1 carat first

I know - isn't it gorgeous?!

I am so sorry I did not see these replies sooner. I was not anticipating this many people trying to help!

Thank you very much.

I have looked into lightbox, but I heard they are owned by DaBeers which are not a good company?

James Allen has been what I'm looking at the most, but some people online have said they believe they got sent different stones than the ones shown in the videos, and that their customer service is not that great...

I've gotten in touch with D.Nea after seeing the comment above and they sent me some stones, albeit waaaaaay out of my price range. I will have to check out 1215! Does anyone have experience with them?

Or even James Allen. Maybe I've just heard the horror stories...

1215 ring here
we had a perfect experience
you can read a review i wrote in the testimonials section

and see pictures here
pricescope.com/community/threads/is-it-that-bad.255243/

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! Lightbox engagement ring here. I'm a size 4 and this is the 7/8 carat (~.9) so the 1ct that's now available on her 4.5 finger will probably look pretty similar to this. Mine is rose gold 4 prong solitaire. Total cost I think was about $1300? I think it was $900 for the Lightbox, $350ish for the setting, and $50 setting fee.

IMG_20200421_162247.jpg

Last edited:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! Lightbox engagement ring here. I'm a size 4 and this is the 7/8 carat (~.9) so the 1ct that's now available on her 4.5 finger will probably look pretty similar to this. Mine is rose gold 4 prong solitaire. Total cost I think was about $1300? I think it was $900 for the Lightbox, $350ish for the setting, and $50 setting fee.

IMG_20200421_162247.jpg

Very nice! Thanks for posting an excellent 'perspective' picture :))

leavesthataregreen

Rough_Rock

IMG_20200421_162247.jpg

Nice ring. That looks huge! I've read that lightbox doesn't stock rings that often. The only sizes I see for the pendants are 1 carat and 3/4 carat. Is that how you did your ring?

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Nice ring. That looks huge! I've read that lightbox doesn't stock rings that often. The only sizes I see for the pendants are 1 carat and 3/4 carat. Is that how you did your ring?

Yep I don't know what they're offering now but when I got mine you had to get a pendant necklace and get a setting elsewhere. I got the 7/8 pendant, it was before they released the full carat otherwise I would have gotten that one!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results