shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me with my limited budget

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you descrI've your girl? What progession? Hobbies? Is she fashion oriented or jeans and ts? Is she one to notice small details or more big picture? Does she say things like ecru, cream, oyster for colors or is it all white?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since you say your GF's not into jewelry, I would not spend extra to get a super ideal cut diamond. To me, that would be a waste of budget that will not be appreciated. Just MHO. :)

redhorse

Rough_Rock
I have been thinking about this. Since you say she isn't into jewelry and have never expressed desire for any, I would go smaller but amazing brand name diamond. This will blow her socks off:

https://www.hpdiamonds.com/en-us/diamonddetail/HPD9167
.73 H VS2 Crafted by Infinity Diamond
$3482.00
It is a precision cut so you already know it is a perfect diamond.

Email for a email and video.
if i am going with this, where will i gt the setting?
i think this is a good option so alter on down the road when i get more money i can always upgrade.
the bluenile 1 carat is also enticing
https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD09384858?refTab=DIAMONDS

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly if she doesn’t care about jewelry except what size the diamond is I do not think a “super ideal” is the best buy for you. I suggest you base your search first off what she wants typically most women have at least some opinion. If that’s shape, size, color... whatever. Next find a way to get the best quality while still focusing on what she considers most important. Being precision cut doesn’t make a diamond the perfect diamond for your future fiancé.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd say no on that bluenile stone...it just has too many inclusions.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
F8AA7E0D-2B46-4DFD-8BCA-144E9E7D38FE.png
Another 1 ct J from BN I like. I prefer the first one but this one allows for more money to a setting
LD09341566 (Search) it’s 1.06ct

Smkq117

Rough_Rock
Also if you're thinking of upgrading, I believe at BN you have to spend double the diamond price at least to apply the value of yours towards an upgrade. Someone correct if I'm wrong though! I think there are better upgrade policies elsewhere

Lachinoiserie

Rough_Rock
It is the same with James Allen. Need to double the expense on the stone. Whiteflash in the other hand... ;)2

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
6F1DD69F-D1B7-468C-BF66-3DD17977216D.png
I would choose this setting. I think it’s called the nouveau it’s the best price for an integrated head and copies a classic Tiffany solitaire. A look someone who’s not into jewelry will still recognize.
Have someone email you this, or use two of your own emails and email yourself. And use a $100 code to make this under 4000 total

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is the same with James Allen. Need to double the expense on the stone. Whiteflash in the other hand... ;)2
Upgrade policies sure are useful to those who will use them. If not tho, more money for a smaller stone

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
if i am going with this, where will i gt the setting?
i think this is a good option so alter on down the road when i get more money i can always upgrade.
the bluenile 1 carat is also enticing
https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD09384858?refTab=DIAMONDS

Look at Stuller.com or tell Melissa at HPD @Winks_Elf what you want. HPD will order and set her diamond in the ring. Just say you want a 6 prong solitaire in 14k white gold or 14k yellow gold or platinum with sharpened prongs....

That will be a less expensive completely elegant choice. The gold setting should be somewhere around 500-600 dollars I would guess.

I actually would get her a super ideal diamond so she can have one perfect piece of jewelry.

Edited: blue Nile has a 100% upgrade policy meaning you have to buy double what you spent. Places like WF and HPD you only have to spend more.

Last edited:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the 2 Blue Nile stones @Niel has posted for your GF... and that Nouveau setting is GORGEOUS.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look at Stuller.com or tell Melissa at HPD @Winks_Elf what you want. HPD will order and set her diamond in the ring. Just say you want a 6 prong solitaire in 14k white gold or 14k yellow gold or platinum with sharpened prongs....

That will be a less expensive completely elegant choice. The gold setting should be somewhere around 500-600 dollars I would guess.

I actually would get her a super ideal diamond so she can have one perfect piece of jewelry.
Whitewave you push HPD like a fangirl (at best)
I’m glad you had a good experiece with them. But this is one of those situations where maybe what you prefer isn’t the same as what she’d prefer.

redhorse

Rough_Rock
Can you descrI've your girl? What progession? Hobbies? Is she fashion oriented or jeans and ts? Is she one to notice small details or more big picture? Does she say things like ecru, cream, oyster for colors or is it all white?
5'2'' , doesnt put make up, not into clothes, jewelries. she however have a few bags, coach, lv, dooney/burke, fendi. not into branded clothes/shoes as long as it is comfortable. drives an rx350 2017. cleans and keeps the house immaculate. into travel and seeing different places, we've been to redwood forest, yellowstone, grand canyon, smokey mountain, etc...
Since you say your GF's not into jewelry, I would not spend extra to get a super ideal cut diamond. To me, that would be a waste of budget that will not be appreciated. Just MHO. :)
to my understanding " cut" is the most important part in a diamond. it maximizes the diamonds glitter. i would like the diamond to shine too and not be dull.

I'd say no on that bluenile stone...it just has too many inclusions.
OK. i will scratch of the bluenile diamond.

Upgrade policies sure are useful to those who will use them. If not tho, more money for a smaller stone
exactly. but the option is nice to have.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No one is saying buy a trash diamond. What msop is saying, and me as well, is that buying a branded cut will take up a lot of your budget. At the size your buying, that’s size you’re going to loose by spending money on “brand” will make a more visible difference in that diamond than the negligible difference you’ll get between getting an ideal cut diamond that isn’t branded.
An ideal cut diamond is not dull. It’s very sparkly, and larger, and less expensive. That’s the point. As she had taken the time to express she wants size, thats something imho you should try an honor while still getting the best cut diamond possible. Very durable with a Gia excellent cut.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whitewave you push HPD like a fangirl (at best)
I’m glad you had a good experiece with them. But this is one of those situations where maybe what you prefer isn’t the same as what she’d prefer.

Neil, speak for yourself. OP has been engaging with me and not you so maybe you need to stay in your lane.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neil, speak for yourself. OP has been engaging with me and not you so maybe you need to stay in your lane.
:wavey: I am speaking for myself. What is my lane? We know your lane is pushing HPD

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: I am speaking for myself. What is my lane? We know your lane is pushing HPD

Put your glasses on and look at the Blue Nile stones I posted.

Stop acting like a drama queen.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Put your glasses on and look at the Blue Nile stones I posted.

Stop acting like a drama queen.
:geek::geek::geek:
Still look eye clean and 1 ct.

Put your non shill big girl pants on and what size is that hpd?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck in your search op, if “super” ideal is your goal there are plenty of good suggestions here. If she’s expecting a 1ct I wouldn’t go too much lower than that.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:geek::geek::geek:
Still look eye clean and 1 ct.

Put your non shill big girl pants on and what size is that hpd?
yes, I posted a nice stone that fits OP's criteria from Blue Nile.

What is your problem again? Oh that's right, there is no problem. Bored maybe?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes, I posted a nice stone that fits OP's criteria from Blue Nile.

What is your problem again? Oh that's right, there is no problem. Bored maybe?

Mostly people who come here, see two “super ideal” diamonds and suggest the same cookie cutter advise to everyone as if it’s knowledge.

Thank goodness this site has a block function. You can block me make sure I “stay on my lane” I can block you and just assume you post “buy from hpd” on every post

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP, I recommended white flash, Blue Nile and HPD for you on this thread. I hope you disregard the trouble maker posting on this thread and taking away from us trying to HELP you.

I'm also had great luck with B2C jewels.

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Add me for one more who says to avoid HPD. They have gorgeous stones - but I doubt your girl is looking for something quite so 'collector item'-ish. I think Blue Nile is an excellent option for you, and most of my diamonds come from there - and nobody has EVER looked at my diamonds and said 'meh'...

I think paying for a name brand is a waste - whereas what you seem to want is good size, a nice clean diamond, good color, and lovely cut specs. I would STRONGLY recommend BN for this - or even James Allen or IDJewelry in NYC. You can get gorgeous stones through each of those retailers - FAR above the Zales/Kay/Jared standard - but without paying for a signature cut. I would suggest you get your girl a beautiful diamond (and that alone would place her a loooong way above most diamonds commonly bought!) - but not a collector's piece. There's no need.

Good luck!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Add me for one more who says to avoid HPD. They have gorgeous stones - but I doubt your girl is looking for something quite so 'collector item'-ish. I think Blue Nile is an excellent option for you, and most of my diamonds come from there - and nobody has EVER looked at my diamonds and said 'meh'...

I think paying for a name brand is a waste - whereas what you seem to want is good size, a nice clean diamond, good color, and lovely cut specs. I would STRONGLY recommend BN for this - or even James Allen or IDJewelry in NYC. You can get gorgeous stones through each of those retailers - FAR about the Zales/Kay/Jared standard - but without paying for a signature cut. I would suggest you get your girl a beautiful diamond (and that alone would place her a loooong way above most diamonds commonly bought!) - but not a collector's piece. There's no need.

Good luck!

I have several blue Nile diamonds and they are wonderful. I do love Blue Nile, but their upgrade policy is not the best. I would have upgraded my asscher if I wouldn't have to pay 12k to do it (making me choose a 24k diamond which is too big for me). I have found Blue Nile to be speedy and great quality. I am a Blue Nile "fan WOMAN"....

Smkq117

Rough_Rock
If you don't want a super ideal, then I agree having owned a GIA triple ex that they are beautiful. To non-diamond people (I still think I'm that. I'm becoming more educated but am NOT an expert just a girl who likes sparkly nice quality things and has owned a few!! I'd like to be a diamond person though :D) a non-ideal can be beautiful and well performing. Mine was from BN and it was a 1.5 Ct F color with FL purchased for 12k. Never could have gotten that from WF for that price and color. Had to sell it and miss it daily so... as long as you choose wisely, yes you can get a beautiful one there.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You really do need to take your time looking at
The Blue Nile database.

You can hit advanced search and put these choices in for depth and table:
Gia excellent:

Depth 60-62.3

Table 54-58

Pavilion 40.6 to 40.9

Crown 34-35

It takes time, but I have found gorgeous high performing diamonds this way.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I think paying for a name brand is a waste - whereas what you seem to want is good size, a nice clean diamond, good color, and lovely cut specs. I would STRONGLY recommend BN for this - or even James Allen or IDJewelry in NYC. You can get gorgeous stones through each of those retailers - FAR above the Zales/Kay/Jared standard - but without paying for a signature cut. I would suggest you get your girl a beautiful diamond (and that alone would place her a loooong way above most diamonds commonly bought!) - but not a collector's piece. There's no need.

Good luck!

I agree with Mrs-b, Niel and Msop. Get the size she wants. No need for Super Duper when you can have Super Amazing and still be way way way better than what malls have to offer. I have owned them all and honestly an Excellent cut is fantastic. You don't need the brand name if it doesn't work for the budget and what SHE wants and cares about.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results