shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me spend $500-$700.00!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
For having my in-laws visit for 10 days, DH is giving me "bribe" money to deal with their visit (long long story but his butt is toast right now because of the timing of their visit, the length of it and that he has to work during 60% of it
29.gif
). So to get on my good side, I've been offered some "fun money" and darn it, I'm taking it!
31.gif

So here are the optionsoff the top of my head:

1) A WhiteFlash H&A say .30 in a 4 prong solitare band. This way I'd eventually work my way up to a honker over the next few years. Start small and end large
2.gif
Possibly this one: http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-1948516.htm#

2) A diamond band from Signed Pieces

3) ? Any ideas? Maybe a new setting for my current stone (princess)?

Thanks!

Carrie

midgirl

Shiny_Rock
I think any of those ideas are great. I would go for the signed pieces band or the new setting for your princess cut. You could also go for a modest pendant!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Oh man...for $500-$700, I'd get a pendant. Either a gorgeous floating solitaire or a small circle of life in WG.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Feb2003bride, you are a gal after my own heart! I''m a big old fan of "bribe gifts!" I recently received a lovely watch from my husband in exchange for me putting up with him going to Canada for ten days with the guys last summer and to Vegas next weekend with the boys!

I think your first option of WF could be the best bet...not because of the style of jewelry involved, but because they do a lifetime trade-up (I believe) on certed diamonds. If it were me, I would invest that $500-700 in something hubby and you can later build onto, you know?

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
LOL Monarch! DH said tonight that if he had know last week that "bribe money" was all it took, he would have saved himself a huge headache
31.gif
Ahh, after 3 years of marriage and 5 years together, we truely finally KNOW each other
2.gif

Anyway, the more I think about the WF diamond idea the more I love it! It would be small; doing a search it looks like a .30-.40 H&A in a plain setting (which is fine). And over the years (say every anniversary?) upgrade until I hit *the* ct. size!
30.gif

Looking through Signed Pieces there doesn''t seem to be anything in that price range that appeals to me. I''m not a huge jewelry person so pendants, earrings, etc. while beautiful, aren''t on my "gotta have" list.

Hm, maybe the search is on for a beautiful WF stone!

Carrie

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2006 10:54:52 PM
Author: february2003bride
LOL Monarch! DH said tonight that if he had know last week that ''bribe money'' was all it took, he would have saved himself a huge headache
31.gif
Ahh, after 3 years of marriage and 5 years together, we truely finally KNOW each other
2.gif

Anyway, the more I think about the WF diamond idea the more I love it! It would be small; doing a search it looks like a .30-.40 H&A in a plain setting (which is fine). And over the years (say every anniversary?) upgrade until I hit *the* ct. size!
30.gif

Looking through Signed Pieces there doesn''t seem to be anything in that price range that appeals to me. I''m not a huge jewelry person so pendants, earrings, etc. while beautiful, aren''t on my ''gotta have'' list.

Hm, maybe the search is on for a beautiful WF stone!

Carrie

You can still trade up using a stone from a pendant, can''t you?
31.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I vote the ACA to upgrade. Yummy.

shay

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m pretty sure as long as the diamond is not one of their "expert selections" like the ready-set-go studs, you can use it toward a trade-up. I think a resetting fee may apply in the future. Their website states it pretty clearly.

I think a pendant would be a fabulous expenditure Feb2003!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Sweet. Will mention this idea to my hubby
27.gif

Would the .3 be a RHR? It might seem a little odd to have 2 solitaires. I would NOT change your lovely e-ring!! My vote would be for getting the .3 in a pendent. The possibilities are endless...

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
EBree-

Hmm...that''s true!!

Who knew spending $500 would be so much fun??
31.gif

Carrie

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Gail-

If I put the .30-.40 in a ring it''ll be a RHR or when I want to change my set for that day, I''d wear it as an e-ring. I really doubt I''ll ever change my princess stone in cathedral setting though! I do often contemplate it but I haven''t yet which says a lot to me! I think if I was to change it, I would have done it by now.

Carrie

Small

Brilliant_Rock
My vote is for the WF ACA...how fun for you! I would do a pendant or a ring also. I''m a necklace person so for me I''d buy the pendant as I only like to wear the rings on my left ring finger but alot of people wear RHR. The trading up for the future is an awesome idea! I wish my husband would give me bribe money to spend with my MIL. I''d gladly take it and own a whole lot of diamonds
30.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isn''t there a non e-ring-ish setting that could help the new diamond fit better on the RHR position? Maybe these are not so much talked about etc. but Adwar and the like are full.

Speaking of .4 cts... yesterday I''ve tried on a cute ring with a dimamond this size at my jeweler in town - a tension settting with two bands holding a dark yellow diamond between them. Quite amazing how it made perfect use of the size and unusual color of the diamond. It was a custom order for another client, otherwise...
11.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Ok, expanding outside of the ACA options, here is a mother''s ring I hinted when I was preggo with our last baby but DH didn''t "get the hint"
20.gif

From signed pieces and I''d wear it as a RHR.

16496.jpg

Jensia

Shiny_Rock
That is what I would do too. I am ring person. I dont wear much anything else but collect rings.

I would have no problems wearing a solitaire ring on the other hand:) I think if hubby gave me 700 bucks to spend I would buy a nice sapphire ring, or even buy that other diamond:) Its nice

Jensia

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for an ACA in a pendant. That way, you can always upgrade later and put the new stone(s) into an RHR if you want. Let us know what you decide!

Small

Brilliant_Rock
I love that sapphire ring from SP. I saw that on there a week or so ago and thought how perfect that would be for a RHR...but I''d have to get the pink too since I have both a daughter and son lol.

I think the diamond you picked from WF is
30.gif
30.gif
so I would go for it if that''s what you really want! Helping someone else spend money is almost as fun as spending it on myself lol. I bet you are really enjoying this...I guess the inlaw visit won''t be so bad now will it???

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
What about setting the ACA in a solitaire necklace? WF will set it for you in a Stuller setting and put it on a chain for you (in white gold, that is cheaper than the bezel setting on their website, which is platinum). I think that size would be great for everyday wear :).

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
No question about it, if it was me I would go with a 4 prong solitare band ring in a .30 to a .40ct. That way were you love your ering so much you can keep upgrading the other solitare until you get a size that will blow your socks off and then you can ware it as a ering if you would like. I''m the type of person that thinks anything goes for your RHR, doesn''t it suppost to be like the ring that shows off who you are anyway your style and taste. I think it''s a great idea.
emotion-5.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! DH said I could bump it up to $760.00 if I needed too.

I asked his opinion and while he doesn''t care what I set it in, he did remind me that my older DS broke my last necklace and we haven''t even reached the grabbing stage with DS#2. So that''s something I need to consider. I LOVE WF''s half bezel set pendant in white gold
30.gif

and yes, this does make the visit go a bit (teeny tiny) more smoothly
20.gif

Carrie

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
What size is your princess cut?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''d do a floating solitaire so you can start working on the upgrade for the pendant over time!! that is my plan hopefully, to get a .60c round pendant this year and keep upgrading it til i''ve got the end all to be all 1.5c on my neck!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2006 2:10:19 PM
Author: Mara
i''d do a floating solitaire so you can start working on the upgrade for the pendant over time!! that is my plan hopefully, to get a .60c round pendant this year and keep upgrading it til i''ve got the end all to be all 1.5c on my neck!
I want a floating solitaire soooooooo much, I can taste it! A .30ct would be just fine. Maybe that''ll be my wedding present from my FH.
31.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think I''ve ever seen a floating solitare before. Does anyone have a picture?

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Mariahsmom-

My e-ring is a 1.06 princess cut stone. I''m keeping my current wedding set though :) I''m just adding- or really starting- a nice collection finally!
31.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I want to play! I would go for the sapphire eternity band or consider a colored gem solitaire ring. Why? Well, a .3-.4ct pendant is on the small side IMO, unless it''s in a diamond halo setting. Even my 1.5ct solitaire pendant seems small to me which is why I always wear my "3-stone" (actually, it''s 21 stones that LOOK like a 3-stone
2.gif
). And I agree with the people who said you probably won''t wear two solitaire diamond rings too often. That is, unless you get a unique setting. Then it could be really wonderful!

No matter what you decide on, you''re one lucky girl! I''m actually a little bummed now that I adore my inlaws--too bad!
9.gif

Oh, and before I forget, I''m so glad you''re keeping your setting! I think your ring is spectacular!!!
30.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Researcher- you know I bow to your set
31.gif
I love it!

I did finally choose something; a .338 H&A G eye clean SI2 from WhiteFlash. It''ll be placed into a simple 2.5mm Tiffany 4 prong solitare and I''m buying a 2.5mm band from Signed Pieces. Both will be 18K white gold.

Why in a ring and not a pendant? Well, my 5 month old is getting into the "grabby" stage and he grabs everything on me! My first DS broke the last necklace I wore. I''d hate to be out, Dillon grab my necklace and boom- my gorgeous H&A diamond is gone
38.gif
. And I don''t want it sitting in a box for "someday", I want to wear it now! I''m the type of person who always wears her wedding set when out. I''m 28 but look 21 and I hate the looks I get when I''m out with my 3 kids. People *always* look at my ring finger.

So for everyday wear, I wanted something simple but sparkly! It''s small but Ron at WF says it''s gorgeous and totally eye clean! I''m actually extremely excited! I adore my princess e-ring and wedding band but am very exciting to have a ACA diamond as well.

And the funny part- I told DH that instead of buying me something for Mother''s Day, my birthday, Christmas or Valentine''s Day, I want to accumulate what he would have spent, and every year or every 2 years, I upgrade my ACA diamond until I get to the carat size I want (2ish carat I think). I thought he would scoff at the idea but NO- he loved it! He hates shopping for me because he finds it too hard
20.gif
Whereas this way, he avoids the stores, getting the wrong thing, etc and I pick out the upgrade as well
3.gif

Anyway, I''m really excited! WhiteFlash has been awesome to work with
36.gif

Carrie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results