shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me re-set my 2-carat ACA RB diamond pendant!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
starryeyed|1400761900|3678077 said:
What do you think about a colored stone or a colored diamond atop the RB? Too formal?
One extra stone will not affect the simple and clean look, and a different shape or especially a colored diamond (use colored prong setting to enhance color) will draw attention and admiration. One can readily tell that a big (2-ct size), SPARKLING diamond plus a colored diamond is very, very luxurious. Still, a simple design can make it a daily wear piece, but it can also be worn in formal occasion when layered with a long, dbty necklace.

Ideal_Polish

Rough_Rock
Trade
I have always thought this to be one of my all time favs. It's a variation of Whiteflash by the Yard from FancyDiamond. Your 2ct would certainly garner more attention. And I promise it's getting some now. My wife's 0.60ct pendant gets attention.

custom_whiteflash_by_the_yard_with_pear_1.jpg

custom_whiteflash_by_the_yard_with_pear_2.jpg

custom_whiteflash_by_the_yard_with_pear_3.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Ideal_Polish|1400766543|3678108 said:
I have always thought this to be one of my all time favs. It's a variation of Whiteflash by the Yard from FancyDiamond. Your 2ct would certainly garner more attention. And I promise it's getting some now. My wife's 0.60ct pendant gets attention.
Yes, and if I'm not mistaken, my pear necklace, which was finished by WF in May 2007, was FD's inspiration?

Here are a few pictures and the piece that inspired me:

pearnecklace1_0.jpg
pearnecklace1.jpg
pearpendanttpzdrop1.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
I've seen this one recently too. I like the two sizes of melee. BUT, I am re-setting this necklace TOO.

pear_necklace_pampillonia.jpg

Ideal_Polish

Rough_Rock
Trade
Wow. A little before my time. I recently celebrated 6 years with WF. Very nice. I happened to have photographed FDs, so it's always fresh in my mind.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Your photographs are wonderful IP! :love:

I am very intrigued by the way this setting works. This is from the Roberto Coin Cento collection. Similar to the way Cartier sets their pendants. I wouldn't want to copy it exactly (obviously), but the concept is right up my alley.

rc_cento_pendant.png

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Here's the Cartier version....

cartier-diamond-solitaire-pendant-necklace-wm7042.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
starryeyed|1400776153|3678209 said:
I've seen this one recently too. I like the two sizes of melee. BUT, I am re-setting this necklace TOO.

pear_necklace_pampillonia.jpg

You are resetting THIS????? :-o

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1400816005|3678587 said:
starryeyed|1400776153|3678209 said:

You are resetting THIS????? :-o

Haha! Yes! That'll be another thread. I solidly know what I'm doing with that one.

I am going to re-do the clasp and how the pear hangs. :naughty:

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
So I chatted with WF today about a few option for the RB re-set. I will have 4 melee leftover from the pear reset project. In any case I will go with a bigger single chain.

Despite all of FD's wonderful work and very helpful input (thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!) I think I'd rather put the melee on the chain. So here are some ideas:

1. I sent this little sketch of a modification of the RC setting, so it's not a "C", but more of a W. In the diamond shaped cut-out, I'm thinking of insetting a small round or a small princess. If I go princess, I'm thinking about alternating the round melee with princess melee in the chain. Not too many - TBD.

rc_setting_adaptation.jpg

2. Conceptually the idea came up to modify the WF "W" earring setting so that it's more bulbous and a chain could slide through.

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-earrings/w-prong-diamond-earrings-858.htm

Thoughts on each of these?

I want to keep this piece simple and casual since I already have the pear necklace, which is more formal.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1400817027|3678589 said:
They don't show a back view of this, but I think it is nice and a little different from a typical halo setting.

http://www.ritani.com/hs/floral-by-ritani-pendant/6r2536cr
I love this one if it can slide along the chain and is weighty (so always stays at bottom instead of riding up the neck). It has a clean and elegant look, and the "halo" provides the extra bling, fun, size, and uniqueness. I like to have a simple solitaire necklace like this since I already have a fancy dbty necklace.

SE - If you want to re-purpose your spare dbty diamonds, you can always sell them. There are lots of us who do not mind about populating our own dbty necklaces with more stations than just 5-7.

I know. I hear you. You want the W-setting with round and princess dbty diamonds on the chain. Somehow, the design does not excite me. Sorry for not being able to be a cheerleader on this one. However, I am very excited about your pear necklace reset. If I did not have other projects in mind, I would shamelessly copy your design, again.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
FancyDiamond|1404234755|3704567 said:
I know. I hear you. You want the W-setting with round and princess dbty diamonds on the chain. Somehow, the design does not excite me. Sorry for not being able to be a cheerleader on this one. However, I am very excited about your pear necklace reset. If I did not have other projects in mind, I would shamelessly copy your design, again.
No worries FD! Thank you for popping in and sharing your thoughts!

I'll have to look up some of your other projects - have you posted about them? And my first pear necklace was virtually a shameless copy too! :))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will just say I am not fond of the idea of alternating rounds and princess on the chain. I honestly would probably leave this chain plain due to the pear necklace having the bezels on the chain. But if you did a few, I would only do rounds.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1404240326|3704621 said:
I will just say I am not fond of the idea of alternating rounds and princess on the chain. I honestly would probably leave this chain plain due to the pear necklace having the bezels on the chain. But if you did a few, I would only do rounds.
Well, you're in luck DS, the small princesses are not available, so that ends that.

I was thinking about 4 or 5 on each side - not too many. Small too, 7-pointers. If they were bigger, like 15 to 20 pointers, I think that would be too much, but these are so small.

Love your new DBTY btw! :love:

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Here's an update:

I had talked with WF about turning the W-Prong setting into a pendant with a slide-thru chain. However, WF could not do a drawing or a Photoshop image unfortunately. Also unfortunately, the Photoshop experts here on PS didn't respond when I asked for help. I couldn't just commit to an idea without an image.

So in the meantime, I started sketching a few ideas myself. Tell me what you think of this. It's a pendant setting with 4 claw prongs, 3 surprise diamonds, a small bail, and a slightly broad, flat gallery.

pendant_design1.jpg

I would like to hang this from a larger (than existing) PT950 chain with my leftover melee added (plus a few more).

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
I placed the order, based on my little pencil sketch. I'm between using 4 and 5 melee each side in the chain. The chain will be upgraded to 1.5 mm.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look forward to seeing it.. I love the sketch.. :)

starryeyed|1405974813|3717815 said:
I placed the order, based on my little pencil sketch. I'm between using 4 and 5 melee each side in the chain. The chain will be upgraded to 1.5 mm.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results