shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me pick between these round diamonds

Balki Bartokomous

Rough_Rock
You can ask the place with the setting if they have access to the stone and if they’ll price match. What’s the setting you’re looking at?

I love this one but they don't price match or sell the setting alone and I read some reviews saying that their settings aren't high quality and stones fell out etc...:

The closest I've been able to find to that which I like, but not as much, is the below, and they do price match but I don't know of the quality of their work:

I've been debating seeing if I can get the BE setting custom made somewhere and just buy the stone online. Any idea what the cost to custom make a setting is?

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
Do a search of Art of Jewels here in PS, and you’ll see mixed reviews. The jeweler we recommend quite a lot is David Klass in LA. I haven’t had a custom piece done, but many PSers have.

Tagging @Kim N @jaqjaqjaq @peppermintpatty @Inked @sunshineandlemons for a ballpark of a custom setting from DK. TIA!

Looking at the link to the inspiration picture, I think you can easily get under that price if you choose to go lab grown on all of the accent stones. And much better quality all around - I’ve heard the same complaints regarding BE’s craftsmanship. I think where I’ve seen the higher prices coming from DK is when I do custom cut side stones :) The great thing though is that I typically get a price relatively quickly once I’ve reached out and given my instructions for the initial CAD.

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with @jaqjaqjaq with lab grown diamonds that should be doable for David to do it for less. I am not sure how much less. David's quality is excellent. His communication is as well. He has offered me the best customer service I have ever gotten. He does give a quote quickly and will do the CAD until you are happy with it. I trust him and feel very fortunate to have found him. He has done numerous custom pieces for me.

Balki Bartokomous

Rough_Rock
Looking at the link to the inspiration picture, I think you can easily get under that price if you choose to go lab grown on all of the accent stones. And much better quality all around - I’ve heard the same complaints regarding BE’s craftsmanship. I think where I’ve seen the higher prices coming from DK is when I do custom cut side stones :) The great thing though is that I typically get a price relatively quickly once I’ve reached out and given my instructions for the initial CAD.

Thanks. If that's the case, I think I will buy the main stone online and then look into a custom setting based on that BE one. I prefer lab grown for the accent stones anyway.

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
Thanks. If that's the case, I think I will buy the main stone online and then look into a custom setting based on that BE one. I prefer lab grown for the accent stones anyway.

That’s what I’ve done as well and honestly I prefer that process :)

Balki Bartokomous

Rough_Rock
Your “jokes” about women and your intended fiancé in particular not using logic are really gross and off putting.

Perhaps... but not inaccurate unfortunately. Apologies if it offended you. I know words matter.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results