color
clarity

Help me pick between these 2 stones!

Wholovesskunks

Shiny_Rock
The first is 2.02 K/IF emerald.

The second is 2.53 L/IF emerald.

Photos for both are attached.

The first is the 2.02 and the second is 2.53. Price difference is negligible.

Both are listed as Excellent cut stones.

The first appears to be elongated more than the other but the length to width ratios are only .03 difference. 1.32 v 1.35

There seems to be more light leakage with the first and more light blockage with the second.

Help! I'm notorious for going with size over clarity or color. I care about cut most though.

IMG_8342.jpg

IMG_8343.jpg

IMG_8344.jpg

IMG_8345.PNG

ABKIS

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I like the LxW on the 2.53 myself. I am not the biggest fan of squat emeralds. Hopefully one of the experts will chime in soon.

Wholovesskunks

Shiny_Rock
The 2.53 is a little more squatty at 1.32 l/w vs 1.35 for the 2.03. :)

ABKIS

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Whoops! Totally messed that up! Yep, the 2.03ct is what I meant :)

Wholovesskunks

Shiny_Rock
So it seems if you aren't buying a round diamond PS peeps don't have any many thoughts to share. :(

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So it seems if you aren't buying a round diamond PS peeps don't have any many thoughts to share. :(

when it comes to fancy cut stones, they are much harder to choose and not nearly many people are well versed in choosing one. Not to mention it's really difficult to choose a fancy cut stone just from pictures. a video would be REALLY helpful.

Wholovesskunks

Shiny_Rock
The partner vendor doesn't have video for the 2.53 (that's the Ritani stone) I have video of the 2.03 but was told it doesn't help at all in the decision. This is the video of the 2.03.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not in love with the light return on either scope image.

The squarer one in the actual stone photo seems kinda mushy in the corners. And doesn't look nearly as square in the computer generated ASET as it does in the pic. That ASET is disappointing.

No lab (except some vendors) actually gives cut grades to emerald cuts.

I think good old gold has YouTube videos showing different emerald cuts and what to look for and avoid.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgot to add that I am not an expert.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the 2.53 more of these 2. Here is an ASET guide that was posted some time ago -

aset_guide.jpg

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The partner vendor doesn't have video for the 2.53 (that's the Ritani stone) I have video of the 2.03 but was told it doesn't help at all in the decision. This is the video of the 2.03.

not true! A Video and ASET is needed to choose an emerald sight unseen. An ASET is not going to tell you how each step lights up, if you have several step light up and go dark all together or if they play off of each other nicely.

have you looked at the info available here about choosing an emerald cut stone?

https://www.pricescope.com/wiki/diamonds/emerald-cut-diamond

You should find the link on Performance and P3 issues especially helpful when looking at an ASET.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If these are virtual stones located within the US I'd talk to IDJ and ask for Shulamit or Yekutiel to call them in and look at them themselves and work up the images for you. Also, I bet they can find other candidates.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^^ Ditto PB. I'd talk with IDJ (or Good Old Gold), give them your budget and desired specs, and let them do their magic. No sense making things harder on yourself than need be! You'll get great choices and great service at very reasonable pricing.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is an insurance claim and they're obligated to B2C.

OP, I think people are not fond of either of these two. Can they get you more options? Any particular reason for the lower colors and IF clarity?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results